vwdeviant

The Forced Induction 16V Thread

We all should be driving with 1 of these in the bay.

16vG60T.jpg[/attachment:l1obqh32]

Lol.. now that would have one hell of a torque curve...

you need to extend the fingers by 3" like this

fuelrailwithfingers.jpg

Right i need some questions answered regarding 16v/g60 on digi 1.

1. Can i use the 16v dizzy with the digi 1 and will it just plug in?

2. Has anyone come up with a good solution to fitting a BTS to one of the coolant pipes?

3. what spark plugs should i run?

1. Yes digi will work with 16v dizzy.

2. BTS, best solution I have seen is by RPM Tuning in Germany Linkage It is just a modified VW outlet with a metal bung machined to block one end and the required spacer plate to get it clear of the block.

3. Plugs to use are Bosch Super F6 DTC or NGK BCP6ET is an equivlent plug.

16v power, 7 seconds :infinity:

:shock: Just curious, anymore info or a link?

hi all

im having some a lightweight pulley set made for my abf turbo

wondered if other 16v drivers would be intrested in light weight pulleys for say kr 9a abf etc

will post prieces and pics when i get mine

they are are being made by a company that supplys part tor WRC F1 M.O.D etc so should be good

hi all

wondered if other 16v drivers would be intrested in light weight pulleys for say kr 9a abf etc

they are are being made by a company that supplys part tor WRC F1 M.O.D etc so should be good

is your abf turbo a work in progress or is it on the road?

any pics.

:0)

hi all

any pics.

I know what your thinking you naughty boy! And here was me going to buy that block off you for my next insanely expensive project. :)

hi

my abf is work in progress im building it for the new corrado 4wd project that im getting into

abf im going all out on will dig out what parts i have and list spec pics

all ready done a kr turbo in my other corrado quite good results i use that daliy

http://www.corradosyncro.co.uk

there are 2 abf blocks (bare) on ebay item number 260207726585 and 260207727790

cheers paul

half way through build 1.8 turbo digi 1 about 1bar boost

hi all

any pics.

I know what your thinking you naughty boy! And here was me going to buy that block off you for my next insanely expensive project. :)

nah,no turbo plans just yet,although now you mention it I could put the g60 block in the golf and then,...

No stop it Rob,focus focus.

Seriously I just like reading about other peoples projects.

Interesting work coarradosyncro.

Look forward to maybe seeing more of this one.

I'm sure once u get some prices and pics of said pulleys people will be interested.

Thnks for the ebay tip btw but I have an abf block in the garage already for a rainy day.

here is pic of abf lump that i got last nite was advertised as just block and head for £100 but got a few bits more than I EXPECTED !!

so i have few bits i dont need air con pump for 1

complete inlet manifold and injector thottle body etc

16v mk3 golf gti gearbox

let me no if anyone interested

will start big strip down tomorrow

will post some pics of turbo build if anyone interested

cheers corradosyncro

16v power, 7 seconds :infinity:

:shock: Just curious, anymore info or a link?

Thats a drag built corrado, corrado chasis with rwd conversion, air shift gearbox and 16v turbo runing autronic. Produces around 8-900hp and runs 7 seconds. Its from Puerto Rico.

started striping abf today

was happy when took off head very good nick no cracks and standard bore to play with

does anyone no of good engineering firms in north london/west london the guy i use is very busy at the moment

A question for the g60 16v heads.

On an original g60 manifold you have a t-piece on the front of the manifold.One side of which goes to another t that splits between the a/c and the mfa.

The other side of which goes to the bottom of the carbon canister control valve.

How are people integrating these connections into their setup?

I don't suppose if anyone knows if there is anywhere on the scirocco manifold to incoporate the front t-piece that goes on the g60 manifold?

cheers

On an original g60 manifold you have a t-piece on the front of the manifold.One side of which goes to another t that splits between the a/c and the mfa.

The other side of which goes to the bottom of the carbon canister control valve.

I don't suppose if anyone knows if there is anywhere on the scirocco manifold to incoporate the front t-piece that goes on the g60 manifold?

cheers

There is not one.

But I wouldnt retain the carbon can anyway and you will find the valver t-piece (still need the pickups for MFA and the option for a/c) is integrated into the brake servo line instead.

You can always tap the manifold with a small take-off point if you wanted too.

cheers

There is not one.

But I wouldnt retain the carbon can anyway and you will find the valver t-piece (still need the pickups for MFA and the option for a/c) is integrated into the brake servo line instead.

You can always tap the manifold with a small take-off point if you wanted too.

I'm hopefully going to be using this passat auto throttle body.I guess i should be able to find a way to t off the vacuum port pictured on this throttle body ?

Its diameter is a bit large but someone must sell aftermarket vac kit for t-eeing off and reducing etc?

I take it you are not running a boost return then?

You will also need a manifold pressure take off for the fuel pressure regulator too.

Had a look on ETKA, the G60 has a 3 way t piece that will reduce down to 5mm on one side and 12mm on other 2, part number is 037 133 783C.

You then the following to get it down to the vac hoose size of 3.5mm: 030 133 382 B and 171 919 819.

Its all on ETKA drawing number 36-00 for the Corrado, G60 inlet manifold section.

I take it you are not running a boost return then?

doh!!!

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

i'll get around that.. somehow...he says.

I've got a rocco manifold that I'm picking up on Thursday and an elbow so that the throttle clears the dizzy.I'm hoping the boost control valve housing will fit of the passat throttle housing.From there i should be able to rig some sort of boost return.?!

Am I missing something?

You will also need a manifold pressure take off for the fuel pressure regulator too.

Had a look on ETKA, the G60 has a 3 way t piece that will reduce down to 5mm on one side and 12mm on other 2, part number is 037 133 783C.

You then the following to get it down to the vac hoose size of 3.5mm: 030 133 382 B and 171 919 819.

Its all on ETKA drawing number 36-00 for the Corrado, G60 inlet manifold section.

thnks,i'll take a look.

Yan,your running digifant right?

Are you going to run an ISV ?

Yeah the boost return section of the G60 TB should fit the Passat one ok.

Yes I do indeed intend to run digi and an ISV, especially as a function of the ISV in the boosted setup is to act as an overboost controller. You could get around it by using a blow off valve, I think BBM do a boost pipe kit with that option.

You are probably going to need to tap some feeds/takeoffs into the 'rocco inlet manifold, the ISV need to have the return as close as possible directly into the inlet mani.

I figure I need the following connections:

1 x 3.5mm take off for FPR (Going to tap inlet manifold)

1 x 3.5mm take off for ECU (Pressure sensor inside Digi ECU)

1 x 3.5mm take off for MFA (Using existing take off from the brake servo connection on manifold)

1 x large bore take off for brake servo

1 x large bore return for ISV

Got the taps (generic engineering taps to suit airline connector thread sizes) and the connectors (company called airlines) just need to order the correct size drill bits.

Yeah the boost return section of the G60 TB should fit the Passat one ok.

Yes I do indeed intend to run digi and an ISV, especially as a function of the ISV in the boosted setup is to act as an overboost controller. You could get around it by using a blow off valve, I think BBM do a boost pipe kit with that option.

apparently the overboost control is used in conjunction with ignition retard in the evnt of knock so I may have to figure that out in terms of MS. :?

Anyway I'll have to figure out a way to give the isv access to vacuum also. :scratch:

All good fun.

Does anyone know if the small cts that goes on the side of a 16v head has the same resistance range as the black coolant temp sender used in the g60 setup?