carpoid

ETKA Online

It wont let you view unless you register, then it wont let you register ??????

I tried to make the $5 donation but paypal then says you cannot send payments to russia !!!

Help !!!!

I managed to register ok this morning. Very useful tool. Have got a copy of EKTA on my pc but is a bugger to work as have to alter the resolution and it doesn't like my fst monitor. This is brill. Thank you.

How do you get a copy of ETKA for your PC ??

It would be sooo usefull.

You have to buy it mate, if someone were to PM you and send it to you it would be illegal :wink:

What is this ETKA thing? Still a beginner...

Its software that gives you part numbers for items in your car, just like they use at VW :lol:

be careful as some of the part numbers do get muddled up against the images, used the site for a few months and noticed a few errors but good for diagrams at least!

For those of you who are having issues with working out the right part numbers in VAGCAT, please see these screenshots I just mocked up:

wrongei3.jpg

This is how some people are reading it. You are correct in presuming that the dark grey lines indicate each item's 'box', but they do not. You need to look at the 'box shading' as follows:

rightuh0.jpg

This is correct. I'm not sure why it is this way round, but it is :shrug:

Hope this helps,

Jon.

Don't think linking to pirate software is really the best idea joeshenton

Best to edit your post before the mods delete it for you! :wink: :lol: :lol:

to be honest, you're probably right and it will probably be deleted but i dont see a problem - its no different from using some dodgy russian site and also i use my software to check part numbers and assemblies and then buy VAG products so everyones happy ;)

IMO this should be available for free from VW. Would save their technicians hours on the phone as you try to describe the exact bolt you want and where it goes. If you could look it all up then e-mail them the part numbers and descriptions it would save everyone a lot of time...

(just spent 10 minutes on the phone only to be told to come down and point at the screen!!)

Hey does anyone else have a prob using ETKA ? As soon i click on parts catalogue i just get a blank page? Same as when i use the search click on the searched item then a blank page?

yea its not worked for a while. See if somebody can get you a cd of Ekta

I dont know if this is correct but Vag cat if now offline because VW have managed to block it somehow, maybe they have done the same with ETKA