Sign in to follow this  
Trig

I've bought an S3 / The S3 Thread

just seen your in worthing. i'll be down there next month. got a job in brighton and then going to goodwood FOS and staying in the area. if you have it by then will have to meet up one eve.

good luck with viewings tomorrow.

That would be good mate. You can valet it while you're here :)[/quote:7a3dd]

i could... but if you want that doing can you book with me in advance. As i'll be in my car i will have only brought enough stuff for the 1 car i have booked in so will need to know if i should bring extra.

cheers

3. Is the blue alcantara stuff a pig to keep clean? I am really starting to like that interior.

any alcantara is a bit of a paint to keep clean actually as it likes to hold on to the dirt.

[/quote:5d2ee]

I find it very easy to clean, i do clean the drivers seat base twice a week which takes about 2mins. Quick spray with foam cleaner then dab dry. I wasn't keen on the half and half interior until i actually went and had a look at one. Now i prefer it, it always looks mint as it doesn't crease and scrub/wear like leather and looks plusher. You also get the dark headlining which is miles better than the light grey.[/quote:5d2ee]

I am starting to agree. I also think the half and half interior looks plusher and i know what you mean about it always looking mint.

Mr Jedi - tbh mate I reckon i'm going to be pretty skint by the time you're down this way! :(

my mind wont change on the interior but it is all personal preference

i think it looks cheap and tacky BUT... saying that when i drove in a half leather car it does hold you in the seat better.

The full leather looks more classy and smarter (all in my opinion) but you do tend to slide more than with the alcantara.

I started off thinking exactly the same - i thought the blue/black looked like a ford focus rs or something. Nasty.

But i'm a fickle b*stard and I like it now! There's two near me as well, both nogaro blue - one with black leather, one with black/blue combo! Both with low miles etc.

my full black leather noggy had the black headlining. i think its something you could spec.

one a slightly different note... :) which foam cleaner do you use?

All different ones. I really like Decosol's instant valay foam for cleaning, very dry but hate the smell. Autosmart brisk smells amazing but is a very dense wet foam which absolutely soaks the seats and leaves purple staining if you don't wipe straight away so just sprits the interior very lightly with that after using Decosol. Chemical Guys lighting fast stain extractor is brilliant on logo'd carpet mats and you can vary the ratios too. 20:1 for alcantara 10:1 for carpets works for me. Not used it neat yet.

But i'm a fickle b*stard and I like it now! There's two near me as well, both nogaro blue - one with black leather, one with black/blue combo! Both with low miles etc.

Have a sit in both. You'll see what i mean straight away.

I am probably getting one. Keep getting side-tracked by recaro'd-up 4motion golfs though.

The only thing wrong with the S3's I tried today was the missing 2 cylinders/sound-track :(

The only thing wrong with the S3's I tried today was the missing 2 cylinders/sound-track :(

Get it Revoed, stick in a better DV and you've got a whole different soundtrack.

Of course it's still nowhere near a VR going up the box in full grunt mode :twisted:

Of course it's still nowhere near a VR going up the box in full grunt mode :twisted:

very true.

I suppose it's all relative. Standard vr's seem quiet and tame sounding to me now, after listening to one with a 6 branch etc.

Just not sure I can actually live without the 6 cylinder sound though :(

Does anyone do a decent manifold (exhaust) for the S3 and does it sound any good.

Does anyone do a decent manifold (exhaust) for the S3 and does it sound any good.

I looked into exhausts and stuff when I first got mine but reading up on audi-sport.net they seem not to make a deal of difference to performance and I decided not to bother. Of course if you're looking just for more noise it may be a different matter.

I'm happy to keep mine comfortable for the 240 mile each way commute from home to work, a loud exhaust would do my head in on the motorway every week.

yeah best just to face the fact its never gonna sound like a 6 cylider car... which is why im now after an e46 m3 csl :D

but if you can get over the lack of sound its an amazingly acomplished all round car that is a greta long distance cruiser and great funa nd extremely fast when you want it to be... which for me is 99% of the time which is why i only avaerage 20mpg :D

Even with the 3" downpipe fitted there not to loud. Properly still to refined for you will. They/Mine does sound lame compared to the recent vr's we have been working on here but id still/do love it for some refiend albiet quiet fun

Even with the 3" downpipe fitted there not to loud. Properly still to refined for you will. They/Mine does sound lame compared to the recent vr's we have been working on here but id still/do love it for some refiend albiet quiet fun

Cheers dude :)

I don't want loud to be honest (someone previously mentioned a loud exhaust doing their head in) I just would like it to sound beefier - just like sticking a 6-branch on the vr. It doesn't necessarily make it louder - just nicer. My vr is only really loud when you boot it, especially up past 4000 revs - perfect :)

Just bought My S3 saturday Ebony black with 47000 miles, went all the way to plymouth from north wales to get it, we flew from manchester to plymouth on a little prop job £60, or £100 by train! Cazy ehh, got there 12.30 and drove to a place called Salcombe and stayed the night in a nice hotel and drove home sunday (the best part) im really pleased with it its a nice straight one owner car with full dealer history thats not had any paint. And it really shifts compared to my corrado valver, but the wife still thinks the corrado is the smarte car..

a couple of pics

The Corrado is still gonna live in the garage though out of respect for thee old Gal.. The S3 will just have to get wet....

Yeah, i put a remus backbox on mine and its still quiet. Nicer tone, but very quiet. Thinking about a losing the middlebox next to see if that gets the deep tickover rumble the S3 lacks. Almost enough S3'ers on here now for it to be a joint corrado/s3 forum!! :lol:

Just been looking at a bit of a wild card - Alfa 147 GTA! Pretty mental car and would definately solve the 'lack of engine noise' problem.

Probably fall apart pretty quickly too :(

quick question is the 4wd on the s3/tt is it haldex? is this different to the other quattro systems used by Audi?

quick question is the 4wd on the s3/tt is it haldex? is this different to the other quattro systems used by Audi?

Yes its Haldex. Basically the car is FWD until it detects a slipping front wheel, then it transfers power to the rear. All 4wd Audi's bar the A3's are Torsen, perminant 4WD.