Sign in to follow this  
Mancorr

How much when new?

Interestingly when production stopped and dealer stock was gone VR6's were fetching more secondhand than the new price for a while. The guy I bought mine from bought the car when it was a year old and paid more than the new price but that could have been because the dealer who sold it to him had it retrimmed with leather.

Way back when I had my valver, some time in 96 I was in the dealers and they had two blue 95 VR6s, one a Storm, one not in the showroom. One had almost 40,000 miles on it, not sure which, but both had asking price £24,500 on the screen.

When I swapped my valver for a VR6 a few years later and it cost me £13,000 I thought I had a bargain, no wonder I don't want to sell now is there?

Around £17,000 according to some articles I have

Ah.. beaten to it :lol:

yeah, £16,995 was the list price I've seen in 1990, hardly surprising they didn't sell in the hundreds of thousands really then :)

Aye Considering you could buy a 16V Golf GTI for just over £13K in 1990! Means you were paying £4K to have a prettier but slower car!

yeah does a good interior, sporty chassis and a funky spoiler (+ whatever you nitpickers will add) justify an extra £4k?

I have the original receipt for my G60.....the first owner paid £14809.00 for it..but they added on another £1234.08 for ?car tax (import duty????? im not sure)....charged £80.87 for number plates/rustproofing/mudflaps...added £2192.07 for vat and another £100 for road tax so his total was £18416.02 Brand new from the stealers....he also traded in a 89 G plate raddo (poss valver with 25000 on it) and got £9805.90 trade in for it (wow thats a lot of depreciation for little over a year!!!......WONDER IF ITS STILL AROUND ANYONE OWN G54 8LEW??????????

So think he got a good deal apart from the trade in price!! :roll: