Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Tonights Top Gear.....

the reaction of the rednecks was quite believable, my brothers canadian friend went on a road trip through the US and had his car pelted with stones because he had one of those evolution fishes on the back bumper!!!!

Even if it is all staged, I mean who decides to do a 0-50ish run on a straight then ends in an allegator lake is clearly doing it because its silly.

Might not be about cars like it used, i.e. good access to the radio etc, but it is very good entertainment and there is precious little of that on TV these days.

It was weird, not one review or anything. I should imagine the audience they had there was from last weeks, and they just added that bit in at the end, otherwise it would've sucked for them! You really have to take top gear with a HUGE pinch of salt these days, it's more like watching brainiac, but more funny and more cars.

I loved the fact they were constantly driving into James May's car, that was well funny, he's always getting stick from them, he looked pretty annoyed at times too.

Big Stig was hilarious too :lol:

Those rednecks were pretty scary though, even if they made it look worse than it was, it still was a bit mad. Loved it when they had to get the jump leads out for May's car at the petrol station!

Edit: P.S. I've been watching old top gear a lot recently (from early 90's, and the first series of new top gear, 2002 or so), and it's Sooooo boring compared! Though a lot more informative.

As a piece of entertainment it was top notch. The part when Clarkson returned to the campsite with a dead buffalo strapped to the roof of the Camero was as funny as anything I've seen on telly in years.

Also thought the commentary about the state of post-Katrina New Orleans was very well made, and the fact it was juxtaposed right next to all the "cocking about" made it all the more powerful IMHO. That place is a shame on the US Government.

As PhatVR6 says, not much about cars, but great telly.

John

p.s. I am not 'Big Stig' :wink:

Very different slant on the usual Budget Buys. Even if it was staged, it was highly funny and the toot of horns on the highway would be real, as they drove along with those funny comments. The Bull is bound to get a few veggies or animal rights people on the phone to BBC..... :D

I thought it was brilliant, i didnt stop laughing all the way through. Was a bit disappointed they didnt test any cars etc but it was still good!

I bet they get a few complaints though because eating road kill!!! :pukeright: :lol:

I was in creases when jezza brought back the cow!! And when he was going along with his shower on :lol:

Well i'm no veggie or animal rights sort of guy but I did think the cow thing was a little excessive!

I like the new things there doing on topgear no other show is like it .

like herisites, giggeld all the way , the bit in the gas stop was awesome I have been to texas hehe its like that if you put cowboys suck on your car you would get shot there :lol: , what rection did they expect from writing that on your cars .

I hope they do more like this loved it maybe germany next? thats an odd place too and good cars

:cheers:

Very different slant on the usual Budget Buys. Even if it was staged, it was highly funny and the toot of horns on the highway would be real, as they drove along with those funny comments. The Bull is bound to get a few veggies or animal rights people on the phone to BBC..... :D

well im a veggie and i thought it was hillarious :lol:

they could quite easily do a bbc3 spin off series doing this all over the world and also have the normal top gear and it would rake in the viewers.

Great entertainment. I loved it. TG's the last bastion for non-PCness and it's all the better for it.

Agreed, best thing on TV at the moment. who cares if some of it was staged? other TV stuff is and its still funny, so why should TG be any different?

Most people dont watch TG for the reviews now anyway really, i mean, who cares about how well the 'new pug 1007' handles round corners at 70mph? or how hard the seats are? They realise the only people who watch TG are petrolheads and therefore only talk about appropriate cars for the audience, sports cars, hot hatches, and cars which have some thing new and exciting, its what the viewers want....

well i've just watched it....&.....i thought was the best episode of TG for a long long time, ok no reviews or 'stars' making fools of themselvs in a crappy car but they more than made up for it with belly laughter moments from start to finish, when clarkson was being showered in the car i nearly pissed myself....& when that car salesman pulled a hand gun from his back pocket :lol: :lol: i could go on & on but one thing for sure....a definate :fist: to the 'pc brigade'

i thought it was a great episode, the only thing on tv worth watching really.

i genuinely believe the part with the rednecks wasnt staged and it was pretty scary.

im glad i live in a country where things like that dont happen and people wouldnt take man-love rules or hilary for president literally.

does anyone know if they made this episode before hammonds crash? or after?

sorry but im in agrement with most of you lot

best one for a long time!!! and just shows u whats its about these driving holidays doing it with ur mates etc.

also the red neck thing, guys that isnt staged sadly i have a 2nd cus that lives out there and trust me she exactly like that I hate it cant stand having a conversation with her!! but hey as she puts it they are the best thing since slice bread :roll:

but hey as she puts it they are the best thing since slice bread :roll:

Sliced bread ain't all that....haven't they heard of a breadknife? And surely things like computers, central heating and x-ray machines are better inventions? :p

lol well if i ever get the chance of being same room as her (fingers crossed that i never have to lol) ill tell her that lol