Sign in to follow this  
Riley

When the Corrado's gone?

Would you ever own another one?

Me=Never in a million years...just wondering what else there is for similar G60 money...Anything easier to work on? more reliable? quicker? etc etc

My heaps off the road yet again. :roll:

Neil.

Can't see myself not wanting one at the moment.

In fact looking to go to Canada for a year and trying to get somewhere to store it while i'm away...

I am the same, theres not another car I'd want to own at the min, but it also got me thinking that say in about 15 years time when the Corrado will be very scarce. Is there a car about today that you think you'd want to own as much..... I can't think of any with the same appeal ?

Currently looking on autotrader...bmw's? :o and a lot of modern sh|t.

The performance has never really done much for me tbh,and the reliability...jesus :roll:

Just never fallen in love with it like i would have liked... :(

Neil.

yes I want a fleet of them! I can't think of a car today that I would want in 10yrs time which would have all the +ves that the rado has now. Maybe an R32? I would really like another vr to drive around in now so I could get my current one resprayed/rebuilt to concours standard. The dream falls apart when I remember I can barely afford to keep this one on the road :lol: :roll:

The C's a headturner now - just think how great it will be in 10yrs! BRING IT ON!!!

EDIT: btw, I mean a Golf R32 - I don't want to turn into Drifty lol

Guys...what sort of power are the lancer evo 3's? :?

Just seen a genuine pro drive edition impreza 337 brake horse for 4k...nice to drive but wouldnt own one.

Neil.

Aye...dont mind the cupra's 8)

Just spotted a lancer evo 3 very near to me...mmmm.Always thought the lancers 3 and 4 looked good but dont know much about them :oops:

Are you mates complaining about Corrado reliability?

I guess i wasn´t very lucky with my 1st G60, but now i´m on my 2nd one.

I own it for 1 year and i have only replaced the water pump, and yes... It´s my daily driver! I´ve done about 22.000Km this year.

It´s easy to get 200hp from a G60, having in mind its price and equipment, i think it´s a good car.

I´ll do my best not to sell it one day!

:lol:

Just dont think the Corrado's for me Rob :(

Dont get me wrong,but it is a 'good un' as in the shell/bodywork/interior is all very good,engine is finally running well and serviced when needed...but its just one thing after another :(

Neil.

A Lancer Evo 3 has 266bhp an 228lb/ft torque as standard.

Before I bought the S3 I was looking at Evos but for me it would be a 7. The early ones are a more simple car and they also carry a lot less weight making them better in a lot of ways, however I was looking for something newer as I do lots of miles for work.

Don't expect to be getting away from expensive bills if you go to an Evo though, I used to work for a rally team, my last season I was running David Higgins' works 8 MR in the BRC. I know my way round the car pretty well so it wouln't be too bad for me but we also had a couple of guys doing road cars in the workshop and some of the bills could be eye watering. Everything after the 3 has a 4,500 mile service interval, not sure what it is for the earlier cars.

I've had alot of Corrados and have never found them to be unreliable tbh. I allways spend money on making them reliable rather than quick though as i'm not really a speed freak, so I suppose that has something to do with it.

I think riley just wants to get into another car so he can join another forum and start expanding his cleaning products business :wink:

ive had enough of mine thats why im selling. just getting a daily hack for now and saving up for a newer dub. The reliability hasnt been that good until having a recon cylinder head, valves reseated new headgasket now it runs better than when i bought it. It only gets used once a week.

A Lancer Evo 3 has 266bhp an 228lb/ft torque as standard.

Before I bought the S3 I was looking at Evos but for me it would be a 7. The early ones are a more simple car and they also carry a lot less weight making them better in a lot of ways, however I was looking for something newer as I do lots of miles for work.

Don't expect to be getting away from expensive bills if you go to an Evo though, I used to work for a rally team, my last season I was running David Higgins' works 8 MR in the BRC. I know my way round the car pretty well so it wouln't be too bad for me but we also had a couple of guys doing road cars in the workshop and some of the bills could be eye watering. Everything after the 3 has a 4,500 mile service interval, not sure what it is for the earlier cars.

Thanks for the info m8 :D

Did wonder about the running costs...but are they a better,more reliable car than a corrado...? 4wd/more power/look alright...

Rolex,cheers m8 :) ive still got the old mk1 shell,which ive just bought a new engine and running gear for :D so the project is back on for the weekend/track car.

Walesy... :lol:

Now thats not a bad idea...as i sit here thinking about it...while needing to get out the house and make my dinner time delivery shortly...Just the one problem though...Corrado's broke again. :roll: :lol:

To be fair,ive always really tried my best to look after motors...for example,one wheel bearing went on the Rado...so got the lot done.The solid front engine mount was gonna get sold,so ive got all new ones here with all new bolts/nuts! :shock: not cheap!...etc etc.

Gonna get a lift later on and go see the evo 3... :oops:

Neil.

keep it and buy something else as your daily Riley!

you've clearly spent enough getting it reliable and you'll miss it afterwards! compared to what you want to spend how much will it really contribute if you sell it?

Edit:sorry Rob,missed your reply there...Dont you want to see the jap crap then? :lol:

I reallly and truly wish i 'wanted' to do that duke_st :( but i just feel really dissapointed with Rado ownership... :(

Maybe you have a fair point though...Corrado's as daily drivers...Not the best?

The 4 doors of an evo 3 would be handy for the little girl too,i dunno :oops:

Anyone care to put a rough value on the car? It will have another set of rims too,fully refurbished 9x16's that will look the absolute b0ll0cks...

Neil.