Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

A very sad day

I sit here at 6:57 am on a Saturday morning, unable to sleep due to todays impending car sale.

Today at 10am, I will be waving good bye to my Flash red 'mint' Rado VR6. The car that can make a grown man weep even at the thought of selling it.

I'm not afraid to admit it, but I am feeling quite emotional. That car and I have been through alot. Mainly mechanical failures, usually involving my bank balance taking a sharp drop. As we all know that's 'Corrado Ownership'. I must say, it has never physically broken down as I have always managed to get it home or be really lucky.

I bought it on 2nd April 2003 and have loved every minute of ownership since that day, peaking when I took it to Europe last year, drove 2000 miles in 5 days and manage one lap of the 'ring'.

Today I pass the keys on to another VW nut, who I actually bought my Yellow G60 of 2 years ago. I know it will be looked after properly and I have first refusal if and when he ever sells it. I am sure it will once again be mine.

Manage to get a very good price, so I am chuffed. Using to the money to pay of car loans and debts in order to be financially stable to finally thinking about buying a house.

Looking forward to the day when a Corrado comes back in my hands.

Thanks to you all. As Vinnie would say, "Its been emotional"

P.S. I wont stop using this forum. Have agrued vast knowledge of my VR6 over the years. I'm not as good as some people on here but I will be sticking around to help those that require it.

Cheers chaps

P.P.S. Off to the rugby today too. Scotland/Italy. I will be getting very very drunk later on. :)

Timo.

Mine goes to day too... off to pick the new owner up from the airport at 10! Need to get out there and clean it now!

Feel a bit sad but not deeply emotional - ho-hum :lol:

EDIT: Enjoy the Rugby and get pissed - it will help ;)

Been there.. twice.. and it sucked royally every time. You're gonna be wanting another Corrado as soon as you see it drive off Timo!

Felt very emotional when the new owner drove off in my blackberry VR :( Then a few weeks later he wrote it off!

Keep your chin up and try to look forward to the time when you can search out another peach that you'll hopefully be able to keep ;)

Chin up Timo - just make sure new owner looks after it and spends a fortune on it before you buy it back at a heavily reduced price! :wink:

Boo hoo

Thats is gone.

Followed it up the motorway for a few miles.

Its looked the dogs dangles. Not very often you see someone driving your (not any more) Corrado.

It was absolutely filthy too and it still looked and sounded amazing.

Nevermind, got a s£$t load of cash sat on the table so happy days.

T.

P.S. off to rugby now

Well done for selling it, I'll be in the same boat soon probably, I still can't really imagine letting someone drive my C away. though I suppose the wad of cash softens the blow slightly :mrgreen:

Still, have a good one today, got a good excuse to get ratted :lol: