Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

My new Coupe'

After the sale of my passat i needed a new daily car and after much thought (about 10 mins) decided an TT could be interesting, espically with a few tweaks.I did consider a low mileage corrado but felt the need for the modern safety additions that a new car has as this is for doing the school run etc... Well we found this base car locally about a month ago and in between breaking it (Clutch) I have been starting to play with it a little..

The day i picked it up..

TT02.jpg

DSCF3138.jpg

We then went on the hunt for some wheels (Cheers Lee) i must admit i saw the black one posted on here and instantly knew i could get them to work albiet slightly differantly on my green one too..

New rims. 8"x18 fronts & 9"x18" rears wearing 215/35/18 falkens...

05022007080.jpg

Then the drop - There wasn't a kit available off the shelf to get the ride height we wanted so we had to measure up and get our own made. This was the trial fit with the wheels almost fitted where i want them in the arch.

DSCF3163.jpg

DSCF3159.jpg

The bits then started to go on the car so i drove it for a while whilst awaiting my bodyshop time..

Dscf3226.jpg

DSCF3223.jpg

Then friday i got the call for the car to go down to the bodyshop so it was time to do away with the spolier(really ruins the lines)

19022007135.jpg

This left me with this..

DSCF3231.jpg

more to come....

No, the spoiler was the visual change but in reality only adds 60lbs of dowforce @ 100mph+ which is not a lot at all. all of the suspension bushs /addition of esp / do far more . Many of the tt owners have returned them back to the oe spec as this turns them back into the car AUDI designed them to be without the horrid understeer found on the recalled mk1 TT's

SO its not style over form im just removing the stick on Tat..

not the greatest fan of tt's mostly due to interior space and being a steak of piss makes it abit difficult to get comfy but that is a very nice one you've picked up there and some tasteful work you've done to it so far 8)

Great work Darren. I'm dying to get my hands on a TT and give it a once over like yourself.

Sadly it means the Corrado will have to go to fund the TT. I hate selling cars but its staying if I can't get a proper price.

What offsets are you running with adaptors fitted?

That TT is cool and the gang, loving the rims and i reckon the de-spoilered look works a treat..

Looking forward to seeing what comes next..

Mate, i have already expressed to you how much i love this car! its F**kin awesome man! Great work! need to sort out the black tape on the rear tho mate..lol :)

No, the spoiler was the visual change but in reality only adds 60lbs of dowforce @ 100mph+ which is not a lot at all. all of the suspension bushs /addition of esp / do far more . Many of the tt owners have returned them back to the oe spec as this turns them back into the car AUDI designed them to be without the horrid understeer found on the recalled mk1 TT's

SO its not style over form im just removing the stick on Tat..

Easy tiger, it was a veiled compliment ;-)

Style over content, I intended to mean that the TT's not to my taste, and the wheels and work so far have made a massive positive difference (I actually like it) given my irrational dislike for the standard car ;-)

Always liked the TT.. looks pretty badass on big wheels with a heavy drop!

Keep us posted with the progress Daz :)

Im hoping to have it back for ultime dubs as its at the bodyshop at the moment undergoing some "cleaning"

Thanks for your comment's i wasn't sure how it would go down on here not being a corrado..

23022007140.jpg