Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Toads 16v and VR6 of doom.

Might take a couple of those membranes off you ....

:norty:

:wave: :luvlove:

Nice work mate :) How's the VR coming?

Well, to be honest, I thought about working on it today, but couldn't be bothered. Had enough corrado action for a few days. Going to pick some more parts up for the VR tomorrow. But won't be able to do any more work on it.

The 16v is lovely and quiet now, just the roar of the dubious exhaust, no chattering from knackered pullies or whining from the timing belt tensioner. :)

If the Landrover gets a new diff this week then I hope to pick up a large quantity of parts for the VR6 next weekend. Will have to wait and see what heppens though.

Just returned from Pete_Griff's with a trailer load of parts for the VR ready for a quick clean and bolting up under the VR.

Cheers Dude!

Now have nice newly painted front subframes, wishbones, front hubs and rear axle, all rebushed and with new bearings. Refurbished PAS rack and pump, eibach rear ARB, new brake lines and assorted odds and sods.

Will have a marathon fitting session next weekend hopefully...

:bad-words: :wink:

:p and when that's done, I can move onto another project.... :norty:

Excellent - looking forward to coming down and doing car fettling :)

Looks like they're both coming along a treat :) You'll love the RARB, mate! The vRS is a different car since fitting one 8) Would be interested to hear how it affects a VR6- hopefully get rid of the pesky understeer :clap:

Cheers dude! yeah I hope that is how it works out. Want to get the VR as pointy as the 16vv ideally.

Came up with a plan for getting rid of a lot of side to side movement on the gear shift today, will post pics as and when I fit the box back in. Painted the calipers a bit more today too. Also made a list of things I need and need to do.

If anyone has any of the following parts spare, I'd love to know, but the list is mroe to remind me what I need. LOL

Parts needed.

Front brake disks

Front brake lines

Front brake seal kit

Front brake bolts and bushes.

Front top mounts/plates - Should have

Bolts for subframes 2x 3 bolts for front, and rear pivot bolts

Rear top mounts.

Rear top washers

Brake accumulator

Tappets

Sump gasket - Wardrobe??

Starter motor

Alternator

Rear engine mount

Clutch slave - Might have on way

Tyres - 2x rainsports.

Oil pump

Cam sensor pickup ring.

Cam bolt

Flywheel bolts

thermostat housing seal.

vt front mount plate - might have

Steering column rubber elbow

Oil filter

Engine oil

gearbox oil

Bumpstops.

gearbox seal

clutch release bearing

clutch release arm

Paint needed.

Jenalite

Zinc/etch primer

Filler

Undercoat

Top coat - Paint code??

White & black smoothrite

Waxoyl

Engine paint

Jobs to do.

Clean engine bay, remove rust and repaint dubious areas.

Clean and paint calipers

kill rust, prime, fill and paint bodywork.

Clean, paint and waxoyl suspension turrets - remove existing suspension.

Clean subframe, spot of paint and waxoyl

Fit front Subframe, and konis - Need top plates for Konis, bolts for subframe.

Clean rad support panel, paint waxoyl

Clean rear beam, paint, waxoyl.

Fit rear beam and konis - need new bolts, top mounts and washers.

Fit new brake lines - nothing.

Remove gearbox, inspect clutch, inspect new gearbox.

Clean engine, paint block, check sensors. - Check engine is healthy!!!

Remove sump, inspect bottom end and replace oil pump.

Fit timing chains and install 263 cams - need tappets

Fit flywheel, clutch and new gearbox

Fit old style gear shifter plate.

Check shift cables, replace if necessary.

Fix drivers seat.

Fit new rear engine mount.

Refit engine and gearbox.

refurbish wheels and fit decent tyres.

Fit 288 front brakes - brake hoses and disks.

Bleed braking system - fit cables, and regulator, fit front calipers.

Fit early wheel arch liners and trunking for brakes.

Fit new front bumper.

Chuffing hell Tom, that's a looooong list.... :shock:

:)

blimey.

Yup. :( And I keep remembering things to add to it...

I have a KR engine you can pilfer parts from. I've got 2 full sets of tappets (maybe worth buying new), engine mount i think i have, alternator i have but im not sure if it actually works (i have one with a cracked mount and another thats been sat in my garage for god knows how long). cam bolts... are you after the ones that hold down the cams or ones that hold the cam gear on? Flywheel bolts, are they one use only? if not i might have some kicking around somewhere. Oil pump i have off the KR but to be honest id maybe advise buying new just to be safe

I have a KR engine you can pilfer parts from.

Cheers dude! I've got plenty of KR bits hanging around, but the list is all for the VR, a lot of stuff like tappets I will buy new, I think the engine is only 70k old so it probably doesn't need them, but while I've got the cams out....

Knocked several items off the list this last week :) Spent £100 at the dealers :(

Investigated the timing chains, and gearbox faults and am fairly confident that it's all ok, got the replacement guides and another box to wack on... The lower timing chain guide was in many many peices Did find a lot of plastic jammed in the oil pump pickup gauze. Hope that this didn't cause oil starvation issues, as my oil pressure switch might not have worked due to a little bodge :oops: The clutch is very good, plenty of meat left on it. just need to motivate myself a bit more. :)

Cheers Dave. :)

Nudged about at a few things a bit more and am going to make an effort to start cleaning it perhaps Thursday night.

Can't do much to the engine without tappets and a new oil pump. Also going to check the big end bearings for any signs of oil starvation, just to make sure it is all ok.

Getting some shelving so I can empty the car out soon, which will be handy. Can then start to look at swapping the rear beam and front subframe, and getting the brakes fitted.

Would love to come down for a weekend and help with some boring schitt mate if it'd help - emptying the car, cleaning, etc :) Let me know if you'd want a hand end of June / into July :)

Would love to come down for a weekend and help with some boring schitt mate if it'd help - emptying the car, cleaning, etc :) Let me know if you'd want a hand end of June / into July :)

That'd be great. Should be able to afford some more parts in July, so can get on with things again.

Sweet. Am on holiday from the 4th of July for a week but some time after that, I'd really like to come down and muck in. We'll chat about it nearer the time :)

No worries.

Just been fixing the links to the images in a couple of posts. The paint on the VR was so much better when I first got it. :( :lol:

Interesting in parting with the black leather, p/x'ing for the cloth in my Corrado to help with funds to put towards the VR, Tom?

Interesting in parting with the black leather, p/x'ing for the cloth in my Corrado to help with funds to put towards the VR, Tom?

Quite possibly... I sat in the valver today and burnt my arse on the seat belt buckle, and thought how little I want leather seats. :lol:

I did half offer them to someone else a little while ago though. I'll speak to them and get back to you.