Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Satnav plunges

Yeah I just saw this on El Reg - made me laugh, particularly

I think she saw the water and tried to get through it by putting her foot down
:lol:

No great loss and it seems like she can afford another anyway...

Clark's boyfriend took the victim, named "Hayley" and from London, to a motorway service station where, rather splendidly, she was collected by a chauffeur-driven Bentley

honestly - which would you rely on a sign saying not fit for motor vehicles of a satnav system that said turn left here?

Depends on the car I'm driving at the time :lol:

Tempest

Heard one similar to this last week where another dumb woman turned left onto a fkn railway line cos her satnav "told her to".

I mean.... WTF??

Would they drive off a cliff if TomTom told them to?

Yes yes i would!! only joking can't abide sat nav give me a 5quid AA road map any day.

I live 5 mins away from sheepy and i cant even think where went!! i mean their is one road through the village!

Satnav plunges £96k Merc into river

I think the title should have been "Gormless prat who doesn't deserve to drive a 96k Merc, plunges a 96k Merc into a river" - what a fool!!

give me a 5quid AA road map any day.

Blimey, i thought i was the only left that insists on using a map.

I think the title should have been "Gormless prat who doesn't deserve to drive a 96k Merc, plunges a 96k Merc into a river"

That sounds like a title to one of Channel 5's documentaries.

Yes yes i would!! only joking can't abide sat nav give me a 5quid AA road map any day.

Indeed, just make sure you hold it the right way up.... :wink:

Just kidding :lol:

(awaits furious female backlash.....)

:lol: In the majority of cases I totally agree with you!

:lol: In the majority of cases I totally agree with you!

Well i managed to get to croatia and back with just a cheap map. without too many hiccups :oops:

All i can say is that woman is obviously a stupid idiot.

Blimey, i thought i was the only left that insists on using a map.

Sat Nav has its uses (just ask Supercharged about him running out of diesel the other week before Ultimate Dubs!) but a map will still get you where you're going easily enough! Got an AA map in my glove box.. wouldn't leave home without it!

We often get people trying to get along a track next to one of our fields because the Satnav told them too :rolleyes: Usually it's a merc or other expensive unit, but a week or two ago an ambulance went up there and had to be towed out.

People seem to have outright trust in the technology, and won't question it, even when it's obvious that something is wrong (Like the dead end signs at the end of the road)

Like the dead end signs at the end of the road

ah but they're just put there to trick you! obviously the track is perfectly passable, the signs just there for everyone else where as I, in my expensive Merc with a super-computer on board, will be fine!

*heads directly into ditch*

Like the dead end signs at the end of the road

ah but they're just put there to trick you! obviously the track is perfectly passable, the signs just there for everyone else where as I, in my expensive Merc with a super-computer on board, will be fine!

*heads directly into ditch*

ROFL....

Baffle me sometimes the old shatnavs.

Bought one for chrimbo and judging by the roads it's tried to put me down, I reckon they're in league with one another to try and kill us off so they can rule the world with their scary tinny voices and mingy suckers.

I have to say, I was surprised that The Register article didn't have their ROTM (Rise Of The Machines) flag on it :lol:

I got a TomTom for my birthday - it's sexy and small and dead easy to use, but it tried to sent me down a damned stupid route on the one and only time I've tried to use it so far.

I just used my £3.99 AA map instead :)

It could be very useful for going on a random drive into the middle of nowhere tho - just drive wherever takes your fancy and then use the Sat Nav to get you home again!

Hmmm..... I can see the headlines now "Woman / Man takes portable GPS device to court for making her / him drive through shop window".

I never thought it would come to this, but Tom Tom now need to dig the old yellow stickers out...... "Use of this product requires common sense"