Mr Sands

Mr Sands' '95 VR (new shots 18.8.07)

Thought it was about time that I put up some pictures of my baby (ex Mtc-R32).

Still need to think about getting the front bumper touched up (or resprayed) as it's badly stone-chipped. That's on the to do list.

But I've spent my fair old whack of time cleaning her and today gave her the Meguiars three stage and the results were excellent.

It's also just had the head rebuilt at Stealth and the chains and clutch done, so is running like a dream.

Loving every second of it.

Currently wearing Solitudes which I got from eBay for fifty quid (they were pretty ratty) and refurbed myself.

DSC00175.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC002372.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

And yes, I know I need a haircut. It's on the to do list.

Looks really nice mate, I've been inspired to get my lazy ass up and 3 step mine today! :D

Also loving the photography, not enough people pose for their car pics! :lol:

Cheers mic_VR, I'm particularly loving the artful shot of the lower half of the missus in the bonnet shot. Fortunately she's not taking that as a statement on my priorities! :lol:

Cheers for the comments chaps, much appreciated.

Rob, have been inspired to keep working at my paint by your work. In the metal yours would still make mine look tatty!

In the action shot I'm using Halfrauds smaller polisher. Cheap as chips at sixteen quid but good for getting into the awkward angles where the larger units wouldn't. Still need to get a proper variable speed job for when the last bits of paint have been tidied.

£1635 (inc. VAT). That also included a new gearbox mount.

Big wodge of cash in one go but then when I drive it, it was worth every penny.

Gear change is smooth as silk with new clutch and the engine sounds new. Pull incredibly smoothly thanks to the skimmed head and sounds fantastic. It hardly sounded diabolical before, but there were the beginnings of chain noises (urgh) and irritating tappety noise at mid range revs. Now it's quiet as a whisper and the only noise is that fantastic VR roar at 4000 rpm.

HUGELY smileworthy!

Mind you, now it's magnified the fact that my exhaust doesn't sound as fresh as it could. When I can afford it, that'll have to be replaced by a nice aftermarket job...but then I also want some coilies!

That's the problem with sorting out one part of a 100,000 miler. That then feels tight and new and runs beautifully, so you want to think about doing one of the other areas to match!

That said, she's still a beauty and runs so well.

Feckin hell... Edward!!! You certainly don't mess about do ya :lol:

Surely the top end didn't really need rebuilding, and your certainly racking up the miles :wink:

Good work though matey.... Your making goo progress.. A* Ed :thumb right:

thats mint mate think every1 has been out cleanin this weekend while there off i had a big variable speed buffer on mine yesterday tryin to get the paint back and it worked so done it again by hand today till i ran out of polish

Certainly have racked up the miles Marcus! That's the factor of living 25 miles from work. On the one hand it pains me to think of how many miles I've put on but then at the same time, the car was made to be driven. Still, am putting a bit aside to invest in another daily in order to keep the VR as my weekend fun and once or twice a week daily.

That said, it runs well for having been regularly exercised rather than laid up. That's more the situation you've found yourself in now, so I guess we're at opposite ends of the spectrum!

The top end certainly wasn't in immediate or obvious need of a rebuild but that said, the clutch was fairly shot and the chains were of the age that they needed doing for peace of mind. While in there, Vince said we might as well do the lot and I agreed. As I say, it certainly runs well for having it done, so it was worth every penny.

matty golf, cheers dude. Looking forward to following the progress of yours, should come up nicely.

Nice one Ed..... And yes you certainly do need a hair cut :lol:

Next time in Worcs I'll pop round to have a butchers..... :wink:

Nice one Ed..... And yes you certainly do need a hair cut :lol:

Next time in Worcs I'll pop round to have a butchers..... :wink:

But the hair will have grown again by then!

Oh, the car... :lol:

You'd be more than welcome mate. Give me a shout.

I'll have you know he was a catalogue model got in for the occasion. Trouble was, it was the Clarks shoes catalogue.

'Twas the girlfriend's suggestion (out of boredom quite possibly!). I went along with it in the interests of demonstrating shine.

Jason Plato! Not had that one before. I'm sure the kids I teach call me plenty of less complimentary things, so I'll take that one Chris!

Nice pics Ed, see you've been busy with the polishing kit. Good stuff ain't it!

I particularly like the 'haven't you taken enough photos yet' shot of the other half.

Guess I'm going to have to make mine all shiney again now. Looking a bit neglected as I've been under the bonnet so much lately.

Dave mate, it was how clean yours looked at the last meet that made me realise that I needed to renew my efforts with mine. Still needs bits of bodywork sorting so that it looks good alongside yours at the next meet!

The girlfriend actually really enjoyed the process. We've since repeated the treatment on her fix or repair daily and I think she's been well and truly bitten by the bug.

Hello mate,

recognise the car!!

seen it in malvern i think??

looks like you've taken the pic's up the quarry in malvern to?

Looks very clean!!!

Ben

Looks nice Mr. S, amazing what a lot of polishing can do. 8)

But are you sure you don't have a part time job modelling clothes for Fruit of the Loom? :lol:

Thanks for the fresh comments guys, hadn't realised you'd already found this Benny (hence my comments elsewhere!). Am often up in Malvern yes, and Gardiner's Quarry is my favoured photo location. Also a nice road leading to it... 8)

Cazza, I'd love to lower it moderately, just to the level that should have been OE. But I want to go with coilies, and any time I start getting money together for them, it gets eaten by something else (eg the stone that did for my rad a week ago!). And of course, I'd love to charge it, but whether that'll ever happen...

And I did some work for Fruits of the Loom but I haven't seen the bastard royalty check yet! I feel so used...

Ed.

Nicely done, Mr Sands.

I thought the reflection of you in the bonnet was taken in your refereeing pose.

Please sir, may I leave the room?

(Do pupils still say that nowadays?)

Nicely done, Mr Sands.

I thought the reflection of you in the bonnet was taken in your refereeing pose.

Please sir, may I leave the room?

(Do pupils still say that nowadays?)

I normally have my hair cut for the rugby season, can't referee with such girly locks!

They still say that in our school, yes but then we're a grammar school so a little more old fashioned. The little ones still ask permission to take off their blazers, bless them.

Thought I'd stick in a couple more shots of the car in the stunning surroundings of the Malverns (so lucky living where I do). This is me getting artsy-fartsy by the way, a peril that was heralded by by "Jason Plato" pose in the previous batch of shots!

Particularly happy with the second shot; if ever ANOTHER calendar is done, might submit that one for an autumnal month, though it was taken in August! :lol: 8)

DSC00441.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

Looking good 8) Is it a storm or not? Shame the nose is cut off in the 2nd pic :)

PS I was bored so I done this lol

5xjb5lf.jpg