Sign in to follow this  
Mark_Storm

My Schrick is hitting the bonnet!

I fitted my schrick manifold the other week (just the manifold, still waiting to wire it to the ecu and vacuum line) and after very little driving I took it into the garage for some other bits and they pointed out that it had been hitting the underside of the bonnet, luckily where it is reinforced. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on what's causing it?

Normal.

You'll probably need uprated engine mounts if you haven't got them already. Should reduce a bit of movement.

But you'll probably also need to dremmel out a section of the bonnet section where it's catching.

Thanks guys. Well I definately feel better knowing this is normal.

I did get them to check the engine mounts which were OK. What uprated ones would you recommend?

Apparently the only cure is to remove the schrick and throw it away. Luckily, i have no bonnet and can accomodate your manifold. Dont worry though i'll send my slimline version down for free !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently the only cure is to remove the schrick and throw it away. Luckily, i have no bonnet and can accomodate your manifold. Dont worry though i'll send my slimline version down for free !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you have a VSR? :lol:

vf engineering

Yuk. I gave mine away for free :lol:

Just don't use them at the rear :?

Front is OK as it's isolated by the X member bushes...but it's still a little harsh being poly.

i would cut the mounts down a bit to drop the engine a few mm instead of cutting the bonnet. cleaner way of doing things in my opinion

I have all three of the VF mounts and it still it the hood. I still had to "modify" the support rail.

same as fella, but i did get the mounts changed all round 1st (inc a vibra-technics on the front mount)!

Is it normal? Mine only catches the sound proofing.

I don't think you really want to go shifting the engine around significantly. Dremmel the bonnet, it's the accepted practice and is pretty much a requirement for use on a Corrado. Clearly the Golf has more clearance under there.

yea well if you are using the VF mounts than i would say you will be unable to cut them down due to the design of the mounts. if you had poly inserts you would be golden.

Everyone I have spoken to previoulsy has had to cut out the support rail so I got Stealth to do it at the same time as fitting the uprated front mount. All sorted now, just got to touch up the exposed metal

Everyone I have spoken to previoulsy has had to cut out the support rail so I got Stealth to do it at the same time as fitting the uprated front mount. All sorted now, just got to touch up the exposed metal

mark you got it back, hows it going mate :)

Mark_Storm, can you post a pic of what you have had to cut as im putting a schrick on mine this week and am gonna have to do this...

Mark_Storm, can you post a pic of what you have had to cut as im putting a schrick on mine this week and am gonna have to do this...
Here you go Goldie one for you of mine :)

Nice one Shaun...

You running the VT front mount? Any catching issues at all once the bonnets been cut?