Sign in to follow this  
zuko

Cult'ed Rado on cult society meet

Not sure if it is correct place for that one, but had to show ya, what my fellas found on cult-society.de season opening meet.

img1315sl3.jpg

How u like it?

That just doesnt work, especially the front end. The paint looks good quality and the colour bar the roof is nice. Also the rims could work on a corrado, just not that one.

Anymore pics?

Almost works, just the bumpers make it look 'pinched'

Maybe a early shape rado would have worked better

expected more? something alongside the UPS rado when i clicked the link, boy was i dissapointed

Yeah really not feeling that, i'm sure it seemed a good idea before they actually went to all the effort of doing it...

The wing mrrors look stupid, the wheels look as though they have those fake brake discs people used to fit on their "drummed" Nova's, and the paint looks like a shade of primer. Albeit shiny.

The quality of the workmanship looks excellent, but for me, its not to my tastes.

But this scene is all about diversity and doing something different, and i'm all for that!

Out of curiosity though, would like to tackle it with photoshop and replace the rado lights and grille with the same style of round lights and debadged grille from the MK2 Golf behind it.. think that might improve things a little.. will try and remeber to have a go at that when I get home tonight!

looks very unbalanced, I think the problem is that the lights/grille/slam panel are, by design, chunky and heavy looking and those mk2 bumpers don't compliment that at all. Be interesting to see what it'd look like after Jims photochop, but TBH round lights just dont suit the otherwise square and quite blocky lines of the car (oettinger twin headlights anyone?)

I think putting the bump-strips back on might improve things slightly but as has already been said its just different for the sake of it rather than enhancing the look of the original.

Any one know what those wheels are? Look like modern Porsche Gas Burners...

Jim if you remember to 'shop this can you do them with black low/ polished highlights? Like to see how they come out...

I got few more pics:

DSCF0054.gif

DSCF0057.gif

Sry for OT - some other Rados from meet:

DSCF0015.gif

img1298ai4.jpg

obraz046bi7.jpg

obraz205mg5.jpg

DSCF0152.gif

DSCF0105.gif

img2225py8.jpg

img1684ij3.jpg