Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Corrado VR6 in Forza Motorsport 2 (Xbox 360)

Lucky enough to get my hands on the game today before launch (8th June in Europe inc. UK), and thought I'd tease with some (dodgy camera-phone) pics of the 'rado in the game!

The VR babble is pretty good, and handling is nice... will play the game far more later and post up a proper review.

I've got a cable which allows me to rip pictures off the Xbox HDD too, so hopefully can do some nice HiDef 720p shots.

I did actually post a thread up about this a while ago but it seems to have dropped off the forum :(

Good to see it in there. How does it sound (compared to a real one) and whats the graphics like overall? :)

The sound is pretty spot on actually. Very standard VR6 sounding!

The graphics are silky smooth - it runs at 60fps apparently.

Detail is excellent, though I'd like more tyre smoke! Handling of the C was good also.

Not got time to play it now, sadly. But will get a good sesh in tomorrow and hopefully some nice HD pics.

Games keep on coming out that keep tempting me towards an Xbox 360.. hmmmm....

Annoyingly, I can't do the HD pictures...

No-one's worked out how to rip them off the hard-drive yet (since they're not just saved as JPGs or anything - they're in a weird format :() and I can't use the forzamotorsport.net website to upload the pics (which the game normally lets you do) since I'm not supposed to have the game yet... Oops :)

8) I've been waiting patiently for months for this to come out!

really looking forward to blasting round the ring in a VR :D

Not touched the VR for ages now - just whip everyone's arses in my 650bhp Golf R32 ;) Boootiful drifts with all the traction malarky turned off! Got some wicked photos - hopefully I'll be able to rip them off the hard drive soon.

i havnt played forza 2 for real yet..only played the demo on my m8s xbox.. can anyone beat a 50.555 in the porsche gt1?? lol

Ah-ha, proper pics now!

This is my lowered and s/c'd C... Not that I race it anymore, poor thing! :)

what are the engine and running gear options for the corrado in forza 2?

some of the body designs that the japanese are producing at the moment are incredible, just shows what 1000 layers and plenty of patience and skill can produce, there are some really good ones in the forza auction house at the moment.

first time i played the demo i had the sound turned up quite loud and nearly crapped myself when i hit the barrier flat out in the mc12 the collision and engine sounds are great (especially the sagaris).

Some nice R32 (et al.) shots for you all...

Just finished my R32, can't do anything more to it now.

Right little evil bugger now - rediculously quick! Ran out of races it can race in now though - so it's just in my collection as a pride and joy 8)

I'll stop whoring pictures on here now until the rest of you can start doing it too :) :D

the M$ wireless wheel is a must for this game,

I traded a whole load of old ps2 games in on saturday (including GT4 :2gunfire: ) and got the wheel as i didnt fancy spending £80 :shock: on it, but after using it i can see why it costs that much, its brilliant the force feedback is fantastic even down to the steering going lighter as you accelerate and heavier as you brake in the rear wheel drive cars, and the torque steer in the front wheel drive cars its spot on.

the wheel comes with a free copy of PGR3 which has been re-worked to include the force feedback but its pretty basic and just doesnt have the feel of the forza 2 demo.

at first it was a bit difficult to get the hang of using the wheel instead of the pad, but after about an hour i was getting better lap times with the wheel, its much easier to modulate the brakes or make fine adjustments to the throttle and steering and its far better with all the assists off and manual gears because you can feel when the cars about to brake loose and hold it in the correct gear which saves loads of time on the corners.

my new gamer tag is: autophilia

What a game!

I agree that the MS wheel is a must-have; it's so much easier to find the balance of the car with it...and it reminds me of being in the arcades when I was a kid too :) If you've got a spare £500 handy then you could do a lot worse than an XBox 360, Forza 2 and the MS wheel, that's for sure.

Time to have a crack at the custom design part of the game. Some of the designs people have created are mind blowing.

Some nice R32 (et al.) shots for you all...

Thank God you pointed out that it was disc glow in the fourth shot down; I thought you'd fitted the space saver... :lol:

I can recommend leaving Traction Control and Stability Control switched off for some nice driftin' action! :)

I have to confess though, I tend to leave ABS on in really hard races, else I'll just lock up and lose it on the last corner of the last lap..! (Happened earlier!)

There are some seriously uncontrollable cars though..!

Not sure I can warrant getting the wheel - I've got the Logitech Momo Wheel for PC and haven't used it in over a year... (Must do some LFS someday soon...)

Does the spoiler work>

Sadly no.