Sign in to follow this  
alfy vr6

car bra (want opinions)

Im also in 2 minds about bonnet bras, my bonnet is bloody covered in stone chips as well as my front bumper and it really lets my car down as i have worked so hard bringing the paint up to a good standard but the front end just lets it down. So i think if i was to get the front resprayed in the future i would get one to protect it further.

I also think that bras suit the low and wide corrados better, as they just have a menacing look!

Like this:

SH100795.jpg

Q: What do the "Tolberone tubes" do? Are they supposed to deflect the stone that was supposed to hit your bonnet into your windscreen?

Q: What do the "Tolberone tubes" do? Are they supposed to deflect the stone that was supposed to hit your bonnet into your windscreen?

They are to keep it down and stop it flapping about i think.

that was going to be my exact question, I have been wondering that for ages.

Personally I would only go for the bonnet section of the bra, not the full (around the head lights) thing, they look bad, and fit bad from what I have seen.

I do think I'll be investing in the bonnet bit when I finally get mine resprayed though.

Whats a ball park figure on the cost?

Has anyone on here got a full autobra for their Corrado?

corrado_fullbra.jpg

That looks fcukin terrible. Talk about a car that's trying to climb into a sock 10 times too small for it. Looks utterly schitt.

Bras look good cupping together a pair of nice titties. On cars, they look w@nk.

If you're that worried about chips, don't drive the thing. Everyone gets chips, get over it!

that was going to be my exact question, I have been wondering that for ages.

Personally I would only go for the bonnet section of the bra, not the full (around the head lights) thing, they look bad, and fit bad from what I have seen.

I do think I'll be investing in the bonnet bit when I finally get mine resprayed though.

Whats a ball park figure on the cost?

think there about 65 notes,got mine off a fellow forum member

I heard it referred to as the full Gimp suit on Sunday at Inters :lol:

What I will say is that it does protect the bonnet but I've only used it once and it left marks where the toblerone bits are obviously because of the movement and slightly additional weight of this part of it - not due to dirt or grit as the paintwork was spotless. I am reluctant to use it again unless I can prevent it from marking the paint. Oh and it is a Colgan which is one of the more expensive makes.

what about cutting up some microfibre cleaning clothes, and lining the weighed sections with them? that should prevent marking?

what about cutting up some microfibre cleaning clothes, and lining the weighed sections with them? that should prevent marking?

Yeh good idea, might try that or some masking or gaffer tape on the bonnet.

Sorry, but they look absolutely repulsive.

(Just my opinion, of course)

Sorry, but they look absolutely repulsive.

(Just my opinion, of course)

I completely agree with you! :lol:

..my full bra turned up on Monday, I'm still to embarrassed to put it on the car :oops:

Totally off topic, sorry...but will a G60 bra fit on a VR6 hood?

I found a guy selling brand new one from VW (OEM) at a fairly good price but he bought it for his G60 and never used it, then ended up selling the car with out the bra.

And to get back on topic...I think their great for the long drives :thumb right:

..again i apologize for asking in this post... I just didn't want to start a new thread for this question.

Thanks.

:king:

why anyone would want to spend their hard earned money making their car look cool , and then fit one of these is beyond me!. why bother spending £1000's on the look of a car to put on one of these things and look HIDEOUS!!, and they scratch and mark the paintwork themselves!!! WHY WHY WHY???????????????. Stone chips are a way of life, why fit one of these 'bonnet only' protectors, just to look stupid and it damage the paintwork anyway???. complete waste of money spending ££££ to look cool then get laughed at everywhere you go