Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

standard 0-60 times... mines weird but good!

Liking your SX Scott mate.....I much prefer that shape to the original 1800, good choice!

And back on topic, I don't reckon a flux capacitor would help either, or it being diesel.....no, what I think it is is Chris has failed to take a picture of the extra engine behind the rear seats :D

Liking your SX Scott mate.....I much prefer that shape to the original 1800, good choice!

And back on topic, I don't reckon a flux capacitor would help either, or it being diesel.....no, what I think it is is Chris has failed to take a picture of the extra engine behind the rear seats :D

Thanks mate :oops:

OR 1.21 Jiggawatts, but the only sort of thing that can generate that kind of power is........ a bolt of loghtning! lol

Have to agree with Dr mat, you'r car certainly hasn't the characteristics of a 16v, looks much more like an 8V Turbo/G60.

if you were spinning the wheels u lose time because of lack of grip if you had driven it properly you would hav maybe saved a second off your 0-60 time,wow thats fast u got 400bhp?

That torque curve is certainly NOT from a "standard" 2.0 16V!!

First off, it's torque is peaking at only 3.5k rpm and tailing off - standard 2.0 16V is definitely the other way about. Second - redline is too low for a "normal" 16V, iirc they go to 7.5k rpm.

Looks more like a turbo 8v engine, or even a G60. Suppose it could be a 2.0 8V with G60 conversion, but there's no way that's a "standard" 2.0 16V...

Tip: listen for a little whistling noise when it starts "really going for it"...

i always wondered what that whistling noise is when i give the rado a bit of welly...still have no real clear indication of what it is

although speaking to the previous owner he said that he had a receipt that a g60 engine was put in it, then i think he said a 16v was put back in...not really sure what he said

is it possible that g60 parts in my car are making the "whistling" noise???

but my engine looks like a 16v (sorry for my newbieness and that last comment will probably make you laugh..im not ver engiine literate!)

is it possible that g60 parts in my car are making the "whistling" noise???

urrrrrrrm...nah. :-P ...have you got a moded airbox?

Bit of a harsh thread?

The guy has posted up his BHP and Torque figures which were alot higher than standard - his torque was just under 200.

0-60 times are usualy done with 3/4 tank of fuel, some luggage and a passenger. Manufacturers also don't put down the best time, it is an average of a few attempts.

So with one person, hardly any fuel, tuned engine and a very good run why is 0-60 in 6.5 impossible?

Evo says 6.2 for a VR6 and Top Gear said something like 7.2 - quite a difference

lol @ bcstudent!

That's assuming the plot is of his car, not borrowed from someone else's ;) the plot looks more characteristic of a turbo engine, which would be quite obvious in the engine bay...

Interesting thread

I had a bit of work done on my old Valve Golf mk2:

ie:

std 1.8 KR block

std air box

std zaust

GMotorsport ported and flowed head, 270/268 cams (mild) 4 branch s/s manifold - with the fuelling set up correctly - valves have a tendancy to be set up lean.

I was just getting 175 bhp @ 6200

and 150 ft/lb from 1.5k - plateau-ing and not tapering off until 5.7k

And - I haven't seen this guy's plot graph - but this guy must either be on a wind up or on crack - and timing his results on a calendar.

If his plots are true - I'm selling my VR next week!

hth

Evo says 6.2 for a VR6 and Top Gear said something like 7.2 - quite a difference

Actually, Top Gear said 6.7, but that's also VW's quoted time so maybe they didnt actually test it themselves and just blurted out what VW said.

Agreed, there's nothing wrong with digging up old threads that newer members haven't seen yet.

Yes Chris's old red C did raise a few eyebrows at the time and he pulled a 14. something on the 1/4 mile (IIRC!), which is even more amazing than the 0-60...for a N/A valver.... but none of us could prove otherwise, so we let it stand.

Only just seen this thread - thats serious figures for a NA 16v :)

I've done 1/4 in 13.98 with a fluffed gear change and on skinny wheels but thats with around 290bhp-ish... to get into the 14's with a NA engine is admirable :)

Agreed, there's nothing wrong with digging up old threads that newer members haven't seen yet.

Yes Chris's old red C did raise a few eyebrows at the time and he pulled a 14. something on the 1/4 mile (IIRC!), which is even more amazing than the 0-60...for a N/A valver.... but none of us could prove otherwise, so we let it stand.

The thread where chris said he done the quarter in a 14.something im sure he was talking about his ibiza.

my mate has a 190bhp 1/8 VVT-Li Celica and he bought one of those G-Tech Pro Meters. Used it in his car and is pulling 8secs 0-60.

Tried it in my Vr6 and I get 7.1 fastest time yet. I hit 60 in second gear, speedo says 60, spoiler is up at 60 and the G Tech Pro Meter also flashes 60mph. It says its got an " Accerlometer" in it.

Seems damn accurate but I would not have belived it possible only I tried it for myself.

Can't get anywhere near the 6.4 or 6.7 stated time for the Vr6 though!

If you've got 17s on then your speedo is going to be pretty accurate, but if you have anything smaller the the speedo over-reads...