Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Alonsos tactics - legal but not exactly sporting

Don't think Alonsos tactics at making sure Hamilton didn't get a final run went down too well with Ron Dennis.

Can't believe the interviewers at the Press conference didn't ask Alonso directly about it - unless Ron Dennis had promised them an "exclusive" if they didn't give Alonso a hard time

Just pleased to see that Hamilton remained totally professional about it - I'm sure he'll get his revenge in the race by beating him fair and square

Not sure Alonso would have answered the question anyway, he probably would have made up something like he couldn't get it gear. Schumacher got done though last season for the same thing - albeit on the track and to a rival not a teammate, so we'll see if he is penalised in any way.

Its good that Alonso is so scared of Lewis that he has to resort to tactics like that to get his advantage, its almost unthinkable a 2 time world champion would feel the need to do that to a rookie. Pussyhole. :D

Don't see what's wrong with what he did really. His objective is to win the World Championship, not to be nice.

its almost unthinkable a 2 time world champion would feel the need to do that to a rookie. Pussyhole.

Exactly, it looks pretty pathetic, unsportsmanlike and they are on the same team FFS...

Its like saying that its perfectly OK to scratch a competitors car in a show and shine competition if it helps your own car win - just wrong, let your own skills and qualities secure victory not cheap and dirty tricks

I think the pairing of Alonso & Hamilton in the same team is the best thing to happen to F1 in years.

Goes to show how worried Alonso is of Hamilton.

But part of me respects him for having the balls to do something so blatant. :lol:

Should be a good race.

All this team mate thing is bull, your team mate is always the most important person to beat as it proves who's the best driver when you're both in the same car. I used to work on the Grp N Mitsubishi Evos in the British Championship for Ralliart and saw first hand what beating the team mate meant to drivers :lol:

All this team mate thing is bull, your team mate is always the most important person to beat as it proves who's the best driver when you're both in the same car. I used to work on the Grp N Mitsubishi Evos in the British Championship for Ralliart and saw first hand what beating the team mate meant to drivers :lol:

That's all well and good, but you should beat him on he track on a level playing field, not by preventing him from setting a lap. Alonso has gone down in my estimation. I liked his for his fiery temperament and no bull attitude in the car, but this is tactics of the weak-minded.

Apparently its now all Hamiltons fault.

According to a McLaren Press Release, Hamilton was requested to allow Alonso through once they'd filtered out of the pit lane at the start of Quali 3 but he didn't, thus putting the cars out of sequence for their tyre / fuel stops.

Alonso agrees with this as does Hamilton but Hamilton then proceeded to state that it still did not explain why Alonso sat in the pit box for 11 seconds after the lollipop had been taken away.

Nothing like a bit of needle to spice things up :lol:

I've lost a lot of respect for Alonso this season, first he was saying that the team was favouring Hamilton, then he holds him up in the pits so he misses a qualifying lap (despite whatever the official word is, that was deliberate by Alonso). Still, justice has been served, Alonso has been moved five places down the grid and Hamilton has been handed pole 8)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6929333.stm

Seems the whole 'I was waiting for a radio go as well' is a pile of poo then. He was quite happy to cut people up in the pitlane in Germany a couple of weeks ago ;)

Must be fairly definitive evidence against alonso if they have dropped him back 5 places.

Makes the race a little less interesting to an extent but it should still be good.

i'm loving the battle between the two - very happy for hamilton doing so well and pissing off alonso - likewise with above, i've lost a lot of respect for him this season - but enjoying the rivalry between the two!

It is pretty sad really and just goes to show how much celebrities like him can act like little children when the attention is away from them.

Give Hamilton his moment and grow the hell up. I hope Hamilton thrashes him in the GP.

I just watched it on YouTube now. What a kn0b! Whatever happened to the desire to win races properly?(Yeah I know it was quals but you know what I mean) He's like a big child having a cry.

Well the result was a good one for Hamilton and not so good for Alonso, worked out well really.

Good race, to sit a second in front of the next place man for the better part of the whole race and not put a foot wrong shows some real skill.

Well the result was a good one for Hamilton and not so good for Alonso, worked out well really.

Good race, to sit a second in front of the next place man for the better part of the whole race and not put a foot wrong shows some real skill.

despite a 'steering problem'. go hamilton

I don't see why the F1 officials have gotten involved with what should be an internal McLaren issue.

Well done to Lewis though - big cojones.

I don't see why the F1 officials have gotten involved with what should be an internal McLaren issue.

It'll be the good old bringing the sport in disrepute type thingy, must have been a convincing set of circumstances for the race officials to give the punishment that they did.

Personally I'm quite enjoying watching Alonso throwing his little toys out of the plan whilst Hamilton demonstrates his cool.

That said this kind of game-playing is nothing new in Formula One; Michael Schumacher, Ayrton Senna, Niki Lauda, Nelson Piquet - all past masters of game playing, and all multiple F1 world champions

VR6 wrote:I don't see why the F1 officials have gotten involved with what should be an internal McLaren issue.

It'll be the good old bringing the sport in disrepute type thingy

Exactly, Tom - this very thread is the reason they felt the need to do something - it's uncalled for and it doesn't set a very good example to kids etc

That said this kind of game-playing is nothing new in Formula One; Michael Schumacher, Ayrton Senna, Niki Lauda, Nelson Piquet - all past masters of game playing, and all multiple F1 world champions

Yep, it's great that Hamilton entered F1 just as Shu left - completly refreshed my interest in the sport!

VR6 wrote:I don't see why the F1 officials have gotten involved with what should be an internal McLaren issue.

It'll be the good old bringing the sport in disrepute type thingy

Exactly, Tom - this very thread is the reason they felt the need to do something - it's uncalled for and it doesn't set a very good example to kids etc

So surely they had irrefutable evidence that Alonso 'cheated'? Otherwise all they're doing is bring the sport and the issue more into the spotlight.

I would think so yeah - I know what your saying but they are trying to show that behavior like that will not be tollerated...

Anyways, not sure how relevent this all is as F1 is still one of the most corrupt sports out there...

Why do they need irrefutable evidence? The constructors and competitors agree to a set of rules and if it is felt by the "powers that be" that the rules have been flouted, then the offenders can be punished according to the rules.

Why do they need irrefutable evidence? The constructors and competitors agree to a set of rules and if it is felt by the "powers that be" that the rules have been flouted, then the offenders can be punished according to the rules.

And this 'set of rules' includes the time in which your car has to start moving after some guy with a lollipop tells you it's ok to do so? Please quote this rule for us all.