CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

Decided to to start a new thread with this car as not to clutter my old VRT thread.

Well its all mine now,enjoyed the ride home after I softened the dampers to save my neck! :lol:

Overall its in good nick but some cosmetic work will make it mint and i have plans to widen the arches and full respary

the engine is quiet and pulls well to red line just needs a blower straping to the back 8)

And the amount of receipts from new ,works out to have had more than 20k spent !!! £18995 from new with 1065 extra for a scorpian alarm !!!

Cheers vr6radodan your dad looked worse than you did seeing it drive buy... :lol:

its gone to a very good home and it will be transformed over the coming year..or two :lol:

Here is a pick of my mates VR jetta on the way back 8)

DSCN0890.jpg

CopyofDSCN0901.jpg

DSCN0899.jpg

Cheers Chris i needed some raddo loving :lol:

Rob Heath that was not even at half its full potential this time when i do this VR i WILL finish it :lol:

But for today i fitted back stock grill and black badge on with eyebrow spoiler,changed back plinth from red to black,removed single wiper and fitted stock back on and will fit lupo arms and blades at some point.

Got the headling out as it needs a good clean and thats it for now but in future its a full respray with widened arches then turbo 8)

But untill more money is saved im just going to enjoy the superb ride on avos and 15" wheels with 50 profiles :lol:

DSCN0904.jpg

Cheers Shaun its good to be back behind the wheel of the raddo 8)

Looks good in the photos but up close it needs some cosmetic work but nothing a fresh coat of paint wont fix :D

Glad you got rid of that wiper mate!! I reckon the front will look better without the spoiler too. NIce car though mate :wink:

welcome back James, looks like a very good base for you to start (playing with) so whats this one gonna have then?? twin turbo??

karl

Cheers for the welcome back lads,well i could never stay away :lol: for now im going to tidy the body up and when i can aford it i will turbo it,have a few parts for turbo-ing already.

Its a bright red that im not used to might tone it down by two tone top black? what ya think about this?

Did you make a positive comment about avo suspension earlier mate? Careful! You'll get shot down on here for that! ;)

double-6s I did mate and they work well honest guv :lol:

g60greeny I will wait untill you do yours mate then i can see if i like it or not :lol:

Been sparying waxoil everyware today,i was amazed at how much waxoil was already in the chassis legs ect !! no wonder they dont rust !! 8)

I was glad to see that all the pannels are OEM and its had a good life :mrgreen:

Just a update,done some ICE install,sound deading the rear and door cards,ran alpine speakers up front with crossovers and tweaters in dash,6x9 pioneer at the rear with 500w JVC sub and amp. Powered by my old Alpine 8)

Done some work on my garage and droped a plank of 3x2 on the rear quater and now i have a nice dent,how hum ...would have pulled the raddo out but ive got the suspension off the front.

Off to Zante tomorrow night ...woo...hoo 8)

DSCN0951.jpg

DSCN0948.jpg

DSCN0947.jpg

wots with the gaffa tape? :)

its a old car,need something to keep it together :lol:

Been a while,little update,started to do the VR turbo again,after the last one it was way to addictive to give up :lol:

Here are a few starter pics...

DSCN1153.jpg

DSCN1219.jpg

DSCN1154.jpg

DSCN1174.jpg

DSCN1189.jpg

No mate,charge cooler...its works out cheaper than the front mount and far less work.

Need to get some more alloy to finish manifold,its coming on nicley,unlike the shimmel the throttle will point to the charge cooler,it will also use the stock rail 8)

what cooler you using mate, got to say the Schimmel very good but not cheap. Got a S/runner elbow if any good to you.

Im using a XS POWER charge cooler,ive heard good right up's on these and its only £ 90 for the cooler,im using a motorbike radiator with a built on fan for the heat exchanger and a fuel pump to pump the fluid around,the bike rad has a filler cap on and the rate of coolant that will be pumped around will eliminate the need for a reservoir tank on the back.

The SP log is nice,but its out of my budget,cant see why there would be any performance difference in my home made one and the SP one and the best bit it only costing me under £50 to make. 8)

What is this S/runner mate,any pics Shaun?

Cheers James