CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

that clutch looks like a good piece of kit iv been looking into one of these myself, can i ask where your brought it from and how much you paid as iv had a couple of quotes and want to compare.

cheers

Thanks folks....well i was going to wait after leeds festival but the clutch is dying fast :(

So out the box...hour and a half it was out and semi stripped down...but ive had enoght of working on the floor at home so its all off to work with the proper tools...benches etc 8)

In bits again.... :scratch:

Picture008.jpg

Should there be something here? :scratch:

Picture009.jpg

Old and very tierd clutch

Picture010.jpg

ABF CDA Gearset,all the same ratios as the VR besides the final drive of 3.68,think im going to drop the hole lot in...

Picture011.jpg

O2M vs O2A Helix four and six puc sets..

Picture012.jpg

that should keep ya busy for a few hours mate.

and i'm hopefully going to the leeds festival, so see ya there.

that should keep ya busy for a few hours mate.

and i'm hopefully going to the leeds festival, so see ya there.

a few hours.... :lol: glad to hear you coming to leeds bud,what car are you coming in?

i'd of thought a man with your skills would have this little job done in a few hours :) but its getting close to JD time.

Mmmm what car will i be turning up in?? could be either the skoda, 530d or a 330d, or possibly a 540i with LPG. i wish i was more decisive sometimes.

you have to many cars Karl.. :lol:

Well ive been building the box on and off after work,took some time to clean and inspect everything and glad to say only one selector ring needs replacing...but ive got spare wehay! but for 160k very,very good 8)

Lots of bits.....lots of cleaning :gag:

28072009361.jpg

and a box of bearings and seals

28072009363.jpg

First main shaft,remove shims,check lift then add constant preload to give you total shim size,then check rolling torque as per manual and your done! 8) then repeat with input and diff :sleeping:

29072009367.jpg

29072009368.jpg

Green gauge is to measure rolling resistance.... :camp:

29072009366.jpg

Later Peloquin diff with non push ARP bolts torqued to 115 lb/ft

28072009364.jpg

just waiting on some shims from VW then final rebuld. :salute:

Thanks for the replys folks,its my first vw o2a box ive done and i suspect i will be doing more in the futue... :norty:

Box is now back together,diff,input and mainshaft all dialed in and preloaded to VW spec so it will be a nice tight box.

Input,main,diff and reverse gear back in.

30072009369.jpg

Selector forks back on.

30072009370.jpg

Case back on with Fith gear and selector fork.

30072009371.jpg

All done :clap:

30072009373.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

good work that man :notworthy:

:thumbleft:

HAMAZING. The innards of gearboxes scare me. Really don't like the idea of digging around inside them.

Good man, James.

You definitely will not regret the addition of a rebuilt 'box and a diff to curb all that torque steer. Now you'll just spin up both wheels at the same time! :lol:

Cheers all :salute: the box was not hard to do and at some point will do a how to without exspensive gear.

dont fit paddle clutches to road cars.......... its horrible! jusdders and you have to keep it to around 2500rpm to pull away smoothly...to harsh...to pants!

Ordered organic friction plate...more money! more time this week pulling out box...AGAIN!! :bad-words:

But the box is silk...lower FD is :luvlove: and the diff is :luvlove: ...wierd! but wonderfull to drive(besides the fuc*ing clutch) !

Cheers all :salute: the box was not hard to do and at some point will do a how to without exspensive gear.

Look forward to it James. Brilliant pics, if anything a little scary!

Nothing new really to update,been to Leeds VWF and it was a hectic weekend and the worst hangover for sunday! :morning:

Im not camping next year as sunday is a great day and im to out of it at most times to mingle :lol:

Clutch is still paddle and i cant be arsed to swap it over for the Organic...i will wait untill its dead then it will come out.

Body work is going to be started once this month is over,some smoothing, deleting etc get the car looking good for a change :)

Some pics from vwf.

3829865669_60b7d38a72_b.jpg

3826341625_035d43d4b7_b.jpg

5812_136121492974_723182974_3179103.jpg

looking nice james, sounds like you have some good plans... will have to make a appearance at that show next year

I wish I had the balls to take my gearbox to bits, it would have saved me a few hundred..., what special tools do you need?

Nice work mate :thumb right:

Thanks Ben and Kip :) special tools are dial gauge and stand but you can get them anywhere but the expensive one measures rolling resistance but a old style bar and rod style torque wrench will do the same job and are penny's on ebay and such.

Ive said when i have some time i will do a write up but to be honest that will be some rime as ive started on bodywork...... :pale:

So it has begun.....

Picture004.jpg

yip....need stance! and they go over the 6 pots..just!

Nice love the way they look! :luvlove: :notworthy:

you pick them up from seaham?

If so I was tempted with them as looked awesome on Ashleys' car

I did mate,went today,fitted one side at his house to get the feel for them and to check brake clearance etc...loved them done the deal and when the arches are beaten out to suit it will work well.

Also the rims are going black centres with polished outers,should work well with the red. 8)