CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

Nice!!!!!

They should look pure stealth black centres.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product :clap:

Yeah there going to look nice, did you roll the arches or beat them out?

Beating them Kip,im i nuts or what :cuckoo: :lol:

Picture002.jpg

Yes there is 312mm with 6pot wilwoods behing 16" rims!

Picture006.jpg

Mmmmm that looks well nice mate, gonna look even better with black centres and a polished lip 8)

Cheers Karl,im stripping one rim down tomorow to try some black on centre to get a feel for it.

Shaun....you are just plain nuts mate,there is NOTHING wrong with your paint! :lol:

If you want the stance its got to be done mate, i know there nothing wrong with my paint :cuckoo:

Once im finished it be better then the standard vw finish :D

been thinking about the black centres mate, and i dont think it would look as good as having the centres powder coated a bright silver with a polished lip, just think theres loads of bbs etc etc with black centres and a polished lip.

just my 2p.

dont fit paddle clutches to road cars.......... its horrible! jusdders and you have to keep it to around 2500rpm to pull away smoothly...to harsh...to pants!

what type of paddle clutch do you have?

my brothers corrado and his mtm s3(daily driver) have paddle clutches and they are in no way harsh or juddery. its a sachs motorsport paddle clutch and a standard genuine pressure plate and they feel lovely and light and very smooth. thats the setup im going to be using in my corrado. the one in the s3 lasted 60,000 miles with 350bhp

Thanks for the replys folks,its my first vw o2a box ive done and i suspect i will be doing more in the futue... :norty:

Box is now back together,diff,input and mainshaft all dialed in and preloaded to VW spec so it will be a nice tight box.

Input,main,diff and reverse gear back in.

30072009369.jpg

Selector forks back on.

30072009370.jpg

Case back on with Fith gear and selector fork.

30072009371.jpg

All done :clap:

30072009373.jpg

James, just a step back here, when you dismantle the box, after removing the driveshaft flanges how do you remove the fifth gear and shaft, does this just pull off once the fork is removed? Then, when the casing bolts are removed will the case just tap apart? I'm sure it wont be as easy as that....my 'new' manual is not going into ANY gear, but the selector tower is fine, unless you can suggest anything else to check first.

dont fit paddle clutches to road cars.......... its horrible! jusdders and you have to keep it to around 2500rpm to pull away smoothly...to harsh...to pants!

what type of paddle clutch do you have?

my brothers corrado and his mtm s3(daily driver) have paddle clutches and they are in no way harsh or juddery. its a sachs motorsport paddle clutch and a standard genuine pressure plate and they feel lovely and light and very smooth. thats the setup im going to be using in my corrado. the one in the s3 lasted 60,000 miles with 350bhp

It was a Helix 4 puk clutch and Helix pressure plate,never again,got the helix organic to go in at some point. Also been told they work much better with duel mass flywheels,but solid flywheels 90% suffer juddering. :shrug:

i like those wheels - what are they?

Cheers bud they are Weds (jap make) 16x8 three piece split rims.

Cheers Ben :D will look even better all done up including the bodywork and after work spent most of my time removing the interior and filling up the house with it :lol:

Decided im making an arch roller as beating them with a hammer is to much like work :tongue: ,will be doing this tommorow.

Few randoms....

H&R Adapter,real nice bit of kit imop.

Picture002-1.jpg

One split rim.....

Picture003-1.jpg

Not much room to work in there.

Picture005-1.jpg

Rear wheel fitted,5mm less on the spacer than the front,not to much to do to the rear arches for clearance.

Nice wheels, was just about to ask if they were welded together but then saw the pics of them split :)

Cheers Zak,cant wait untill they are on with new bolts,polished lips etc 8)

Done a bit more tonight on the arch....yip still one :lol: ,desided to make an arch roller to help me out but made naff all differance on the front arch as it flexes to much but on the rears it will come in good use.

Never done metal work like this before and found the tap it light method rubbish,the only real way is to give it a good wack! :norty: still have a few good hours left in it but it will look so well when done.

So the arch is taking shape and the flat seam line is all but gone and its a smooth round arch all the way round and will give me lots of wheel clearance when the car is decked.

Some randoms,flared against stock(note bumper line to wing)

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

that arch looks great,im thinking of doing this to my 20v as i need as much space as possible,have you cut anywere as when ive rolled the arches the the lower rear of the arch bends in as the top goes out ?? :scratch: and is that all from hammering or is there a skim of filler over that.??

top work on a great car., :luvlove:

and glad to see those wheels stay on a rado,i bought ashes vr but couldnt afford the wheels aswell ,cant waight to see them refurbed.,

that arch looks great,im thinking of doing this to my 20v as i need as much space as possible,have you cut anywere as when ive rolled the arches the the lower rear of the arch bends in as the top goes out ?? :scratch: and is that all from hammering or is there a skim of filler over that.??

top work on a great car., :luvlove:

and glad to see those wheels stay on a rado,i bought ashes vr but couldnt afford the wheels aswell ,cant waight to see them refurbed.,

So you bought his car! the wheels suited [strike:lqb2w9g4]his[/strike:lqb2w9g4] yours very well mate 8)

I had the same problem as you and its the two holes where the inner plastic arch used to be,this caused my arch to dip in at the front and the rear when trying to roll it,but the wing flexes to much when rolling and has no affect but in making it worse,the only way that works for me is a dolly and hamer,beat it out to shape,it takes time but works well.

There is no filler in the arches at the mo just metal work 8) once near perfect it will get a light skim just to smooth it over.

great stuff and some good pics too - i'm going to get my rear rolled as well, as the tt comps need 5mm spacers to allow the centre caps to fit. The comparative pics between origianl and rolled are really good. Keep it going James :clap:

Did'nt know you were going fully flared archs :shock: think looks better to keep it OEM and just roller them and keep the corrado lines :?

You still flatted the lip and keep the line

Cheers folks :salute: yes i do work fast or non stop all day long :lol: but once something is in my head i like to act on it as fast as possible.

Shaun,i know its not true oem,but niether is the bonnet vents and bumper cut out for cooler :lol: but give me a chance and then make up your mind on the finished product mate :)

Got half a day at work today :cheers: so went home and finished the front arch and started at the rear,the rears are much harder to do,the arch roller had no chance flaring the inner and outer pannels together,so drastic steps were made,cut the inner tub away from the outer quater pannel from behind the arch and set to work,once done the inner tub will be reshaped,welded and reseamed and painted. Still long way to o on the rear arch but desided to fit the wheels and get a feel for it.....so what do you think?

Picture005-3.jpg

Picture006-3.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture025.jpg