KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

congrats on getting naths car mate , its a nice car . was a bit low n hard though! i remember him givin it the beans from my house n wackin the sump on a low bit!.Tis a nice car though.

well been busy today yaking the SWG scuttle cover off and replacing with the standard ones, and in my eyes looks much better for it, also got rid of the single wiper and fitted the lupo wipers from my old car, and also fitted some mk4 golf washer jets onto the scuttle cover as the bonnet does not have any washer jets on it.

will get some pics up tomorrow.

karl

oh and gotta get rid of this if anyone is intrested

21052011528.jpg

You have a picture of a wiper arm but no actual car yet...

Glad to see you getting stuck in though!

Do you want to sell the SWG scuttle panel ?

sorry mate already sold it, but if the sale falls through i will pm you.

well here is a pic of how it looks at the minute, the reason its dragging its arse is that one of the kw platforms is knackered so could not get it any higher (got a new one coming) and its sitting high as dont want the sump scratching anything.

forgot how many times to get acknowleged driving a corrado, everyone just stops and stares at it, earlier 3 kids about 8 had there photo taken by one of there friends while they were standing by it, so who said kids of today have no taste lol

forgot how many times to get acknowleged driving a corrado, everyone just stops and stares at it, earlier 3 kids about 8 had there photo taken by one of there friends while they were standing by it, so who said kids of today have no taste lol

It's weird - I just NEVER get that sort of enthusiasm for the car at all. The most "chufties" I've had in the year I've had the VR was a chap in the supermarket a few weeks ago saying it was a nice car and that he wanted to buy it for his 21 year old son... maybe not.

well the Gottis were sold :-( but Bill (billcor) put a link up off pistonheads about some alloys, and tomorrow i'm going to get them.

Mmmmmm 16" speedlines

well just got these off a mate as did not like the solitudes, will be using these till i can find some BBS CH's in 5/100 which is proving difficult to say the least, also need to space out the rears so will be getting some 20mm per side spacers ordered later.

also waiting to get some new kw platforms for the rear coilovers,

its coming along slowly

karl

30052011550.jpg

Those would look a lot better in silver I think. There is a set of CH's on ed38. The guy is looking for swaps only at the moment though.

yeh i'm going to do the silver in the next week or two, and i did like the speedlines at first but wanted some BBS on the car.

AND WHY DID I NOT SEE THOSE CH's Aaaaaaargh

well today i fitted some 20mm spacers on the rear, could have gone wider but 20mm will be fine if i can get a fourth RC or find some nice 7.5x17 et35 alloys, just wondering what to with the current alloys and cant decide between these options.

1, polished lip with silver centres.

2, polished lip with white centres.

3, polished lip with beige centres to match the interior.

oh and also dumped the simotta air filter and fitted a standard, yes standard air box, must say it seems to be pulling smoother with the standard airbox??

just deciding what way i'm going with brakes 288's/312's or some brembo's

karl

Well today fitted the new R32 sump as the old one was leaking badly due to the car being soooo low previously and bottoming out, took the old sump off on problem, fitted the new sump no problem, put about 4.5ltrs of mobile oil in no problem. Went to put the dipstick in and houston we have a problem??

as you can see from one of the pics Nathan made a hole in the plastic windage tray so the standard vr dipstick was utilised, but did not see what he had done to the old one before i put the new one on :-(

just thinking what i can do t make a hole in the plasstic windage tray while its in place?? as really dont wanna struggle again doing this on the driveway.

any ideas??

karl

will the dip stick be the correct length using the new sump...?

Edited by C5 OEM

well been busy today yaking the SWG scuttle cover off and replacing with the standard ones, and in my eyes looks much better for it, also got rid of the single wiper and fitted the lupo wipers from my old car, and also fitted some mk4 golf washer jets onto the scuttle cover as the bonnet does not have any washer jets on it.

will get some pics up tomorrow.

karl

Have you got any pics of the Mk4 washer jets installed ?

it`s just i want to re-locate mine and wondered what they would look like !

here ya go mate, i'm actually thinking about seating them into the scuttle cover by getting the dremel out so they are more flush, but hey they work just fine.

• Like 1

well got the dipstick situation sorted with an r32 dipstick and guide so all is good there, BUT noticed the MOT is due tomorrow so just got it booked in, fingers crossed for tomorrow.

karl

REALLY wish they'd send you a reminder for the MOT, like they do for the bloody car tax!

well the car passed the MOT yesterday with only three advisories, so nothing major and the oil leak is coming from the crankcase seal so will be doing that soon, and getting some new rear brake pipes made up early next week.

karl

16062011575.jpg

16062011576.jpg