KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

well spent some time today cleaning up under the bonnet, mainly the sound proofing that has slowly been dropping off.

looked a right mess before i started

2012-05-11111353.jpg

this is some of the glue i took off, no i havent got a cold LOL

2012-05-11163937.jpg

and after a few hours with some AG tar remover

2012-05-11175008.jpg

2012-05-11175038.jpg

i took my old bonnet pins, bonnet catch and bonnet stay off the old car and they are away being chromed, so will look ok when they come back.

karl

Nice, what are you fitting in place of the old sound deadening as i heard the OEM stuff is obselete?

Nice, what are you fitting in place of the old sound deadening as i heard the OEM stuff is obselete?

well trying to source some sound proofing that will match, but its proving hard to find.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Well done mate- it's a horrible job getting that stuff off! Looks excellent now.

your not wrong there Andy, but yeh its looking better till i source some OE looking sound proofing

just took a couple of pics after giving the old gal a wash/wax ready for tomorrow, then filled her up with super unleaded ££££££

2012-05-19200134.jpg

2012-05-19200252.jpg

looking very nice indeed Karl. You dont want to put all red rears on it?

well my back/leg is not getting any better at all, so this week i borrowed this off a mate who went on holiday, and my back/leg is sooooo much better so it looks like its the seating position in the corrado that is constantly bring my sciatica back. So it looks possible that the corrado might have to go :-(

2012-05-27151132.jpg

Its a real shame but if the Corrado is making it worse then it probably has to go. Arse :(

:( Dunno what to suggest mate. Would standard seats make any difference? I've always found them more supportive than Recaros. Might be worth trying a standard driver's seat for a while?

Edited by CazzaVR

As Andy says,I know you spoke of a standard seat, but did you get round to trying it ?

Perhaps your bedroom duties are getting too much for you ! lol

Put the bimmer seat in the Corrado till your mate comes back off holiday ;)

couldnt you just use some cushions to adjust the amount of lumbar support/height?

Was going to suggest something as simple as a cushion or two...

Hope you can work out a solution Karl!

I think there are a number of things you could try to help your back problem.

First of all adjust the backrest more upright, and do not set the seathight low, as you'll bend the hips more, and block off blood and make pressure on the main nerveous system that goes into each leg. Many people suffer from this.

Next you could have a more soft suspension, soft enginemounts, bushes etc, to make it more forgiving to drive in.

And have smaller wheels (15") with 55 profole or 55 profile. Should give a little bit too.

I find the Recaro seats much better for a person with back problems, but not so supportive sideways in the backrest side support (bolsters). The Golf II Recaros were much better in this department. Otherwise the same apart from heat, electrics etc.

BMW used a lumbar support thet you could inflate witha arubber ball n some of their cars, to prevent the back from falling forward and giving pain. This can be built into the Corrado Recaros too. I have just bought a set complete BMW Recaros and over the winter, I'll transform my Corrado leather seats into having the bigger backrest sidesupports and also have the inflatable function from BMW version, plus keep the Corrado heat and electrics.

This should all in all give the perfect seat for preventing back pain etc. plus max. support.

You could also look into one of Recaro's ergo seats with lots of manual or electric adjustabilities. These are specially made for people with all kind of problems, and can be adjusten in many many ways. Built in onto the Corrado Recaro base, and it should work jsut fine.

The beemer will have some of this ergonomics into it, therefore no pain (or at least at a later stage).

Hope that you solve it.

Cheers,

Redfox.

As Andy says,I know you spoke of a standard seat, but did you get round to trying it ?

Perhaps your bedroom duties are getting too much for you ! lol

yeh Brian i tried a standard seat and it was better for a while, and its ok the missus understands so she has been cowgirl for a few weeks lol

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

couldnt you just use some cushions to adjust the amount of lumbar support/height?

i'm 6ft 3" tall mate so cant really sit on some cushions lol

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

come on can you see me putting those on top of my beige recaros!!

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

but anyway i have had some joy with the physio for my sciatica as my leg/hip/back is getting better, i was told to go there with my corrado so the physio could look at the seating position and she (god she's fit) has completley changed my driving position, i'm sitting slightly higher with the back more upright and the seat is a notch further back with a pad supporting my right leg only lifting it into a more ergonomic position and keeping the pressure off my hip, and so far so good.

Plus the 24 year old physio loves the corrado

FAILED :-(

Only on the rear seat belt not secured as the belt securing bracket popped out of the doorcard, and the nearside cv boot is ripped slightly.

so not bad really for an 18 year old vw.