KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

I think the tool is around £100 so i'll ask him when i next see him.

£217!! Thats bloody cheap is it not?

they have old stock sitting, thats how i got an engine for £660 shipped!

£217!! Thats bloody cheap is it not?

yeh its a bloody bargain when you total up new valves/guides/seals/lifters/springs etc etc, then having your old head skimmed and then fitting it all, Jodie at VEGE said they have approx 7 new heads sitting there.

---------- Post added at 9:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:18 PM ----------

I think the tool is around £100 so i'll ask him when i next see him.

for an extra £117 he could have a new head.

well one thing i never got on with when i got the car was the leather dying on the interior, as it was obviously put on too thick and also not put on very uniformly, plus there was way too much gloss put on as they look very shiny compared to normal leather seats.

I have already souced and swapped the rear seats and the doorcards for ones that had not been dyed, but no chance of finding some beige recaros that dont either need dying or re-trimming 2nd hand, so its dying time for me again, these pics were taken so you can see what they were like before and after i had stripped off all the old dye, sure you can see the difference on the bottom pic.

2012-04-09183029.jpg

2012-04-09193154.jpg

That really does make quite a difference! Looking forward to seeing you work your magic with these 8)

---------- Post added at 8:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:11 PM ----------

+ that's a steal for a new head- wish I had a couple of hundred spare!

they have old stock sitting, thats how i got an engine for £660 shipped!

Really, do they have any engines left? Might buy a head as that is bloody cheap.

You will soon be a prof at dying the seats!!

Really, do they have any engines left? Might buy a head as that is bloody cheap.

You will soon be a prof at dying the seats!!

they have no engines left i'm afraid graeme, but they do still have some heads available, and this will be about the 8th time i have done this dying process so i'm getting very good at doing this.

Hi KADVR6, just remember to spray one gloss layer, and then three total matt layers (plus the softener and pretreatment layers beforehand), and they look like factory. I did the same.

Here's a picture of the finished article:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58945[/ATTACH]

Cannot really see it because of flashlight, so maybe on this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58949[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

when i do mine REDFOX i add 25% water to the first coating as that really does help with the first all important bonding process, the 2nd coat only add 100% water and the same with the 3rd coat. Seems to work very very well for me.

things are never easy are they?? i'm having to strip all the bloody paint off the vinyl as Nathan just about painted everything when he did the dying, this stuff is proving a right nightmare to get off.

2012-04-10113501.jpg

After two layers of leather revive, I lay two layers of leather binder which helps the later layers stick on. Then for all layers of colour and for all layers of clearcoat, I add 10% x-link, which helps it stick on and makes it more strong.

I'll keep the water tip in mind. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Yikes looks a mission!

If my storm stays I'll be paying someone to dye my trim! ;)

Yikes looks a mission!

If my storm stays I'll be paying someone to dye my trim! ;)

i dont charge the earth mate lol

God i can remember when i did mine [sold on now ]. What are you using to take the old dye off with mate ?.looks very gunky. Cant remember what i used some sort of spirit ,i forget the name .

i'm just using cellulose thinners, its looking like that because of how much bloody paint is on the vinyl, the rotary polisher is coming out tomorrow to speed things up lol

your not wrong there Rob, i scrapped it all up after it was all taken off and it was literally two hands full, but the one seat i have done is looking much much better.

pics tomorrow as the seat is in the spare room with the heating on full and an electric heater in there to cure the paint nicely.

well here is the passangers seat all done, will put it in the car today to let it cure 100% but no arses will be sitting on it for a couple of days, but god my hands are killing today as that cellulose has well and truly got into my skin.

So will just look into how/if i can swap the seats over so the drivers seat is on the passengers side etc.

2012-04-11092456.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

well here is the passangers seat all done, will put it in the car today to let it cure 100% but no arses will be sitting on it for a couple of days, but god my hands are killing today as that cellulose has well and truly got into my skin.

So will just look into how/if i can swap the seats over so the drivers seat is on the passengers side etc.

2012-04-11092456.jpg

Looks good Karl. Is the colour of the seats a little dark though or is that your ****e photography? Lol

well the seats are finished, and they are much nicer to sit in, as the leather was properly conditioned before the dye was applied so all nice and soft. Will give them a week to cure then will be very fine wet n dry them to remove any gloss that develops.

2012-04-12132136.jpg

They look like a completely different seat to what I saw at the AGM !

They do really look good,you must have the patience of a Saint !! lol

How many hours do you reckon you've spent on each seat ?