Sign in to follow this  
SK

Worst Corrado

Not to offend anyone but I thought I'd chuck a few in...

Bonnet vents..(unless they lead to a huge intercooler, throttle bodies etc etc, and are genuinely needed)

Storm badges not on a storm

Single wipers, just never got the point in it.

DTM exhausts, bloody horrible looking things and now as dated as the spice girls.

I thought you meant 9" diameter on the first read :lol:

I remember the obsession with 13" diamater rims in the 90s and thinking how sheeite it looked, but we could move it to the next bar with 9" diameter wheels :lol: I'd have to commission AP or Brembo to make some exceptionally puny brakes for them though!

personally I'm not a fan of the 'space saver' look, i.e. Reiger style wide arches with wheel widths too narrow, always reminds me of a hilarious kit car pic I saw once of a TR7 based kit with a Testarossa shell, all that work just to look like a right plank.

OMG, here it is: tr7 testarossa

Jesus.... see that's probably my biggest car related pet hate. Cars that don't "sit right". That sits like schitt. You can just spot them from a mile away.... faked up M3s riding too high with the wrong wheels, heaps of junk like that TR7, Corsas with 15s poking past the arches, they just look awkward.

Take a Corrado, nicely dropped on 7.5Jx17s with about an inch arch gap and the wheels are tucked into the arches nicely..... now that's spot on for me. It sits right, propotionally great and looks good from all angles, almost as if VW made it that way, and not a Mattel "Hotwheels" special.

Still.....not trying to take away what people have achieved with their own tastes and styles. We all have our own, but I personally don't expect anyone to pat me on the back for my choice of sandals and wheels and similarly I won't reach for the tissues if someone says my car looks schitt or my choice in music sucks. I never take insults on things I have not personally designed and made myself, personally.

Personnally, what I love about having a C, or indeed any nice car or a fav band, is the interaction between you and the fellow fan. Be it on the forum, passing one on your way to work etc

I think the 'Spotted' post says it all really.

How many of those spots were by one person seeing another one in whatever size/shape/higher/lower ride and just been chuffed their getting the same enjoyment out've it, via a wave, a smile, thumbs up, perhaps even a moon if your not driving yourself.

Although I suppose you could do a moon, if you where (starts getting up on office chair to mimic) going slightly down hill and in neutral...........

Enjoy, have a gud'um 8)

oops! just re-read ur last post Cheese. I've used the word Personally again. We must sound like some banal footballer doing a post match interview....''well obviously the gaffer''

I just find these types of threads judgemental. Who really cares what you think about my car, or what you like. If they did care...I'd look just like every other "cool" Corrado.

These cars are not to my own taste...but who really cares? Everyone can say this and that or what they would have done...but in the end they are not the ones that have to live with it.

Again...this is just my "opinion". :lol:

[Take a Corrado, nicely dropped on 7.5Jx17s with about an inch arch gap and the wheels are tucked into the arches nicely..... now that's spot on for me. It sits right, propotionally great and looks good from all angles, almost as if VW made it that way, and not a Mattel "Hotwheels" special.

Thanks for the compliment in the hate thread Ya mean old bastard :lol:

"Low at the front- High at the rear"

surely a high front and low rear would look worse!

btw lets all get along and stop the bickering....

oh btw 9's are great they give me 18"'s of girth to stone chip you when and if your close enough behind me ;)

This was interesting folks. I'm just a nosey BA57 ARD and thought I'd test the opinions of like minded car enthusiasts,after all lets think about it...WE ALL HAVE REET GOOD TASTE COS WE HAVE CORRADOS :salute: . I didn't intend to upset anyone and could've easily put up "what makes a good corrado?" This could've been easily as offensive cos ones mans BMX is another mans mountain bike. Anyway, hope it all makes sense now. I'll get back to mindless small wee jobs now like sanding the criss-cross bits of my BBS wheels in order to paint em black(painstaking).

Until the next time

Catch ye later :tongue:

Si

PS I've been waitin on people gettin stuck into my own car in the gallery,....particularly the varying height suspension/different coloured front wings and oil leaks!! (did Karmann rip the 16v's rocker gaskets on the way out the factory???)

oh btw 9's are great they give me 18"'s of girth to stone chip you when and if your close enough behind me ;)

I think more often than not, Kev will probably be in front of you ;)

not in the drive thru Q. that aint never gonna happen ;)

i am starting to agree with you lot though 9's are a bit gay...(oh no, in turning into a old wanker like you guys) :lol: :lol: :lol:

not in the drive thru Q. that aint never gonna happen ;)

i am starting to agree with you lot though 9's are a bit gay...(oh no, in turning into a old **** like you guys) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha...9's are gay...thats why I went 8.5. :drinking:

The ugliest Corrado has to be that monstrosity with a Golf MKIV front end :pukeright: :pukeleft:

And as for Lexus lights, well they look shit on a Lexus, let alone a Corado FFS!!!

My opinions thats all :lol:

Please tell me that all of you find that absolutely minging?? I know we all have differing opinions on how we like the Rado to look, but I really hope we all agree that is the single biggest abomination that used to be a Corrado??

That is not a matter of opinion. That is just terrible. The fact that there is one human being on this planet that would think that was a good idea is surprising enough. I'd be even more surprised if there was anyone else.

Am I wrong for liking the cars at the top of the thread? :)

O.k so I wouldn't buy so much crap to put on an otherwise decent car but hey, I have to admire the people who have!

It's like the ugly chick, there's almost always a really decent personality there.... And likewise: at the end of the day,somewhere under all that cheese lies a very decent Corrado!

74292185ys1.jpg

ooo imagine this on some of those schmidt venom styleeee wheels in 17x10's.. i'd drive it, but i'd have to spray it a more eye catching colour :lol: