Sign in to follow this  
jazzdevil

Top Gear... back Sunday night with 'that' Golf!

Just read on BBC website that The Gear is back on Sunday and nestled amongst the three way thrashing of the Gallardo Superleggera, 911 GT3 RS and V8 Vantage N24 there is also a feature with the analogy-machine himself belting around the track with 'that' Golf... 8)

..oh, and this series is a full 10 shows, not the half cocked half-dozen we got last time! :)

episodearchive_100101.jpg

Sounds like its gonna be a good show about cars as it used to be, I always watch it but sometimes cant be bothered with some of their pointless antics

I think this series is going to be better!

And I just got this months Top Gear mag through. JC loved the concept of that Golf but panned the execution.. seeing as VW only had 8 weeks to make it, it just doesn't work or drive very well at all. And he used the article as a chance to take the piss out of "the sorts of people who go to Worthersee every year" as thats what the car was made for. Yeah, thanks. Its those people who support fricking Top Gear so religiously!!

JC loved the concept of that Golf but panned the execution.. seeing as VW only had 8 weeks to make it, it just doesn't work or drive very well at all. And he used the article as a chance to take the piss out of "the sorts of people who go to Worthersee every year" as thats what the car was made for. Yeah, thanks. Its those people who support fricking Top Gear so religiously!!

Have you read Evo's test drive of it? It's a lot more objective than Clarkson's review!

Evo also found fault with it, mainly in the braking, but they did remind the readers that it is a one off concept, and not a production car.

Evo had it tail sliding and all sorts and commented it was ridiculously rapid once in the upper gears (the first couple of gears are torque limited as it's a phaeton autobox) and said the way it drove, looked and handled given it's tiny build time was amazing.

How many other concept car makers toss journalists the keys to one-offs and give them free reign on a track?

And Clarkson taking the Pee.....LOL.....he's very quick witted and funny, but he needs to look in the mirror before taking the pee out of other people :lol:

Well that was my take on it mate. 8 weeks to combine the parts of 4 or 5 different models, make it works, fab new wheels, completely bespoke body kit?! I mean I know they're a huge company but its seriously impressive all the same.

I figured Evo's review would be a bit more on the button..

And as for the piss taking. Well, quite. The scope for piss taking him is pretty limitless.

I think this series is going to be better!

And he used the article as a chance to take the piss out of "the sorts of people who go to Worthersee every year" as thats what the car was made for. Yeah, thanks. Its those people who support fricking Top Gear so religiously!!

Yeah... I marvel at the kinds of people who go to see Top Gear live in the same way...

This is your.. er.. 37 minute warning :)

Thank god its back is all I can say!

well Im only 5ft4 and I find that having the steering wheel to its lowest setting is perfect for seeing the clocks and obviously the adjustable seat is just perfect too :D The rado must have been built with us short people in mind :D

Really really enjoyed that episode. The feature in Europe just made me want their job (i'd have put up with the pain to drive that Aston).

Ahhh.. so glad they're back!

i have the same prob in the rado as i'm only 5'5 he's 2" taller than me!!!!

Average height................................ for a woman ;) :lol:

Yeah good episode - missed the begining and only got to see Stig rag it round the test track though - will have to download the bit I missed...

i have the same prob in the rado as i'm only 5'5 he's 2" taller than me!!!!

Average height................................ for a woman ;) :lol:

just cause your built like lerch :lol:

I thought that was an excellent episode.

The Golf was hideous. So bloody fugly - looked like something out of buck rogers crossed with a sinclair C5. Nice engine though :)

That Aston N24 made me laugh. The ride looked exactly the same as my Rado on H&R RSS Clubsports :) Alex has all that to come! :)

Personally I want the Lambo. What a car.

All 3 of the cars were awesome but the Aston was just a completely pants choice for any sort of distance in southern Europe sort of heat.

The 911 GT3 RS did it for me. It looked low, mean as fork, and just got on with the job.. the colour was rather fun too :D