Sign in to follow this  
bananawhip

My beloved banana-mobile on Ronals

Right I've been on here floating around in the background now for a few months, so it's probably about time I put on a few pics.

Feedback is very much appreciated but be gentle as this is my first C and it's been a bit of a learning curve to say the least, It was completely standard when I got it and not in the greatest condition.

Did have it on Wolfrace rims but wanted something a bit more Euro looking so opted for Turbo's, I know it's a bit of a strange choice on a C but they're growing on me, Jury's still out though I reckon.

Next on the cards is tidying up the paint and some German plates, then I think I'm pretty much done (If you ever truly can be when it comes to this kind of thing :) )passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfoffsidefrontlow.jpg[/attachment:2647d]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfoffsidefronthigh.jpg[/attachment:2647d]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfnearsiderear.jpg[/attachment:2647d]

Lovely mate, I love nugget Cs!

Cheers mate, I originally wanted a black one as I think they look overly sick but ended up with this instead.

Absolute pig to keep clean and the old bill pull me over for so much as using my bloody windscreen wipers, but it's all fun and games.

Looking good.

Thanks for the photos, as I've been thinking about the Ronal Turbos as well :-)

Think I'm sold on them now!!

Out of interest are those 195 or 205 width tyres?

Turbos are 7J rims?

Turbos are 7J rims?

Looking good.

Thanks for the photos, as I've been thinking about the Ronal Turbos as well :-)

Think I'm sold on them now!!

Turbos are 7J rims?

Well if I've helped you make your mind up then that can't be a bad thing.

They are 7j et28 rims wearing 195/45/15 rubber. If I had the option again I'd be tempted to go for a 50 sidewall though, as with my suspension it feels like I'm going to lose a bloody wheel when I hit a pothole.

Loving the engine bay..what stuff did you use to paint it black?

Also, whats that red bull can all about? :D

nice car mate

Loving the engine bay..what stuff did you use to paint it black?

Also, whats that red bull can all about?

Got the manifold proffessionally powdercoated for £30, make's all the difference and I think it looks a bit moodier then a chrome one.

As for the redbull can on the coil, old school I know but It's a bit of a Newquay RTTS thing..trying to keep the vibe alive :D

Nice to see another Nugget on here..

Not too sure about the Ronals TBH, but good call about going up a sidewall size, it'll bring your speedo back in line too!

As to the Red-bull can.. only bit of advice I can offer from doing this "Back in the day" (ie early 90's) on my air-cooleds is that it makes the coil run hotter and live a shorter life...

Liking the moody engine too!

Yeah I just figured I love 'Rados and I love Ronals so what the heck, In reality they're not ideally suited but as it's fairly low I hope I'm getting away with it.

As for the Redbull can, everything on my C breaks anyway so it might as well look cool whilst doing it :)

Them Ronal-T's loking good! Another Nugget! Superb!

Bit scary about your inlet manifold like! Here's a pic of mine when it was a valver:

DSC02346.jpg

Mmmmmmm :lol:

Cheers everybody it's all good feedback and nice to know I haven't made a mistake with the Ronals.

Steve as for that photo of your old bay...thought it was mine for a split second, seriously uncanny but great minds think alike and all that :)