Alexander

Wolfsburg tat on Corrados - Now with Poll

What's Worse?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What's Worse?

• This poll is a waste of my time
    • I like ham
    • I like cheese
    • Knowing that stuck on tat is not correct for the cars production history etc?
    • Tat stuck on in ignorance?

I've got a wolfsburg badge on the back of my car, it was on there when I brought it and never really given it any thought.

my passat had a wolfsburg edition gear knob on it when i got it, two problems:

- passats were made in Emden

- is was a peice of crap and kept falling off no matter how tight you did the grub screws up.

I swapped it for a nice subtle machined aluminium one with a VW logo CNCed into the top, and it has a proper screw thread on it so it doesnt fall off. much nicer!

who actually even makes the wolfburg edition bits? all seems like halfords/motorworld tat to me tbh

Porsche design products are for utter idiots with more cash than brains...

i bought an external hard disk for my PC a few weeks back*... and that has Porsche Design stamped on the side of it... but all it looks like is a silver box?!?

*price & capacity being the deciding factor - not who designed it... frankly who forkin' cares??!

Porsche design products are for utter idiots with more cash than brains...

i bought an external hard disk for my PC a few weeks back*... and that has Porsche Design stamped on the side of it... but all it looks like is a silver box?!?

*price & capacity being the deciding factor - not who designed it... frankly who forkin' cares??!

i got one of them a lil while ago, was the cheapest cool looking 250gb drive available on offer from ebuyer at the time, looks nice but not to fussed about the porsche thing!

Porsche design products are for utter idiots with more cash than brains. Porsche must be laughing there arse off every time someone buys something off of them. And what is so special about porsche design? Every car other than the 911, which is an evolution of a VW beetle chassis, has been unpopular. The engine at the very back is not a great idea or design and it's took them ages to finally work out how to get the car to handle correctly and not kill people. People where jumping up and down when the Audi TT killed/injured a few people and there was a recall. No one ever jumps up and down when porsche produced the turbo charged 911 which must have been brilliant fun up until the point that you died. I've even heard that they tried putting lead in the front bumper to try and sort out the handling, bodge not design

That said I actually like the porsche 928 and the 90's 911 not that I have ever driven either but all this porsche kettle s**t makes me want to become a communist :)

erm not meaning be picky mate but after slating the handling/design you say you havent driven one... just try it! awesome machines! my frineds c4s isnt as quick as his old modded rs focus but its a simple understated beautifully built german coupe that's an iconic shape and can start conversations when you park it... not to far away from owning a new corrado at the time of release i'd imagine, as i car enthusiasts often ask about my C now and its almost a 20yr old design!

o and back on topic just moved in to the new house and found we have a porsche designed 'frank' sink... i had to chuckle when i saw that! it is well made though :lol:

if a set of wheels look great on a Corrado (BigBens Porsche ones for example) then they look great, regardless of what car it's on.

Yep, exactly.

Remember that "Porsche wheels" aren't made by Porsche anyway, they're made by an OEM supplier, such as Ronal, Speedline, BBS etc etc

BBS LMs appeared on some 993s and you can no more call those a Porsche specific wheel than you can call the BBS RC (MK4) or the BBS CH (MK5) VW wheels just because of the maker's badge in the middle.

The only parts car manufacturers make themselves inhouse are the panels / floor, engine and drivetrain castings and large interior peices. Everything else is contracted out to OEM suppliers. Mahle or Wossner for pistons and rods, Garrett or Borg/Warner KKK for turbos, Pieburg for manifolds, NGK for plugs, Bosch for management and electronics, VDO for guages and switch gear and so on and so forth.....

I can understand the Porsche emblem on Corrados stirring up debate but Porsche & VW are the same thing and I don't see a problem with it personally. The first VW was a Porsche and the first Porsche was a VW.

The 924 was an abandoned VAG project and when Porsche sold it under their own brand name to the public, it still had Golf door handles on it and a lot of other VAG parts, but it didn't seem to bother anyone.

There's always been badge snobbery in this country. "Oh you bought a boxster or Caymen because you can't afford a 911" How the feck do people know that? Maybe he/she just wanted a Caymen and could easily afford a 911? I hate it when people jump to assumptions and conclusions based on face value. "Oh you can't put porsche wheels on a Corrado because it's not a porsche" Actually I've put Speedline 3767 wheels on my car dick wad.....

What does make me laugh is when people hack a car up just to fit some huge wheels from a different marque and lose sight of the Corrado's original identity, appeal and ability.

i think the main problem with putting wolfsburg "TAT" on a corrado is because most of it is exactly that, cheap poor quality tat that wasn't even made by vw and probably not even made in germany, most of the door pins, badges, tax disk holders, ect that you see for sale at the shows is on a par with the ripspeed or max power stick on tat that can be seen on any number of saxo's or nova's in every maccy D's car park up and down the country, if someone has actually fitted a genuine wolfsburg edition badged part to thier corrado i cant really see a problem with it as it would be something a bit rare or unique.

porsche wheels are in a different league, they are usually quality parts and do suit many VW's, and most people "in the know" will know what they are so whats the point in re-badging them, its not like the owner is trying to pretend thier corrado is a porsche, im sure most of us on here could buy and a run a porsche if they really wanted one for the amount it costs to keep a corrado on the road.

although fake/replica porsche wheels with porsche badges do look a bit tacky sometimes.

i think the main problem with putting wolfsburg "TAT" on a corrado is because most of it is exactly that, cheap poor quality tat that wasn't even made by vw and probably not even made in germany, most of the door pins, badges, tax disk holders, ect that you see for sale at the shows is on a par with the ripspeed or max power stick on tat that can be seen on any number of saxo's or nova's in every maccy D's car park up and down the country, if someone has actually fitted a genuine wolfsburg edition badged part to thier corrado i cant really see a problem with it as it would be something a bit rare or unique.

porsche wheels are in a different league, they are usually quality parts and do suit many VW's, and most people "in the know" will know what they are so whats the point in re-badging them, its not like the owner is trying to pretend thier corrado is a porsche, im sure most of us on here could buy and a run a porsche if they really wanted one for the amount it costs to keep a corrado on the road.

although fake/replica porsche wheels with porsche badges do look a bit tacky sometimes.

No real problem with the Porka bits and pieces, although Porsche style script on the back does seem a little like to much imitation for my liking as it usually goes hand in hand with debaging the VW logo.

I agree with the Wolfsburg tat issue, mostly it is tat but my main annoyance is that most of the time the people that do it think the car has a Wolfsburg connection that is not there.

I can think of something far worse than Wolfsburg badges on Corrados..... M badges all over 318s.

M Division are based in Munich and BMW in Stuttgart. M, like Karmann, do their own thing.

Cars like the Z3M Coupe were nothing to do with BMW, it was all M division, so equally, folk sticking M badges on their base model 3 and 5 series are also barking up the wrong tree..... but then they're not half as geeky and nerdy as we are and don't know any better :loL:

I can think of something far worse than Wolfsburg badges on Corrados..... M badges all over 318s.

M Division are based in Munich and BMW in Stuttgart. M, like Karmann, do their own thing.

Cars like the Z3M Coupe were nothing to do with BMW, it was all M division, so equally, folk sticking M badges on their base model 3 and 5 series are also barking up the wrong tree..... but then they're not half as geeky and nerdy as we are and don't know any better :loL:

Yeah your right, what is worse sticking on tat or knowing that is it wrong? :lol:

Now with poll!

Yeah your right, what is worse sticking on tat or knowing that is it wrong? :lol:

Now with poll!

ARRGH! Cheese and Waste of time! ... I'm orn between both.. Damn you Yans...:lol:

(edit: at least there's not a ham option too! phew!)