Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

If you got rid of your C what modern car would you have?

I'd probably go for something Jap like a 350z, Scooby STi or Evo IV.

I don't like the look of new VWs much and SEATs depreciated far too quickly.

It would have to be an S4 for me. Not the new one, something like an 98/99. Drove one a while ago, and just thought it was lovely to drive.

If VW did an R32 in the new Jetta i reckon that would be a contender, a previous shape Leon Cupra R, TT 3.2 quattro...

if it didn't have to be modern i'd probably have an audi S2.

can't think of many modern cars i'd be happy with, R32 golf seems the obvious stepping stone

Stan 24v, How did you manage to end up with a 4 Motion and Leon Cupra?

Obviously the Leon and Golf 4 (I've had a Leon and got a Mk4) are quite similar, but how do the engines compare? If you had to have only one, what would you choose out of the LC and 4Mo?

I bought the 4mo in January for the Mrs mate, so officially its still hers, on paper. I got it really cheap and have done a fair amount of work - new maf, coil pack, leads, plugs, arb bushes, poly'd front wishbones, and Ive got some S3 suspension ready to go on. By the time Im finished it'll be a top car!

I bought the LC recently, as I wanted a change fron the C, again really cheap. Its not something I was hankering after, but wanted something modern, decent looking, decent power but with potential for more, and not another Golf. The other options were A3/S3's but when you weigh it all up, youre paying a high premium for the badge, For the price I paid for my 03, 66k, 1 owner LC I could get a 2000/01 A3 1.8T (,aybe a Q) with 80-100k, or a 1998/99 S3.

There are nods in my mind for both cars, and I reckon power wise, for the money, the LC will be cheaper and easier to do. Looks wise the LC gets it for me, easily. Driveability - the Golf is a bit wallowy to be honest, but the S3 stuff will sort that out. It grips well too, The LC really surprised me as its standard suspension and it feels tighter than the Golf, but the power is conpletely different, being turbo of course.

So, until Ive started playing Im not sure which I'd prefer - maybe I'll just stick the 4mo engine in the LC???? :D :twisted:

Octavia VRs Estate... Complete Q-car....

We've got one- absolutely love it! Amazing car for the money. Definately a Q-car. Just waiting for the warranty to run out next summer... It still amazes me how much bashing Skodas still take :?

As a direct replacement for the C, I think I'd go for a 350Z in 3-4 years, when they've depreciated suitably.

To my eternal shame, I have to confess to quite fancying a Volvo V70 T5... No, wait, really. There's nothing out there other than a 'rado or maybe a 911 I'd really want, so I might as well have something that looks like the back-end of a bus, will carry shedloads of mountain bikes and camping gear out back and still goes like stink. In fact I might get one as a daily anyway :)

I'd have to agree with the V70 T5 (or better yet, the T5-R) although they aren't exactly modern now :lol:

It has to be the original 90's ones in pastille yellow and anthracite 5-spoke fan blade alloys 8)

the boss's wife had a v70r and its crazy fast for an estate, really good handling too, plus you hauling around a luxury house inside

Maserati 3200 or 4200. Can get them for 14k upwards and 18k buys you a fairly decent motor. Having said that i am beginning to like the TT, although the practicality of the C versus any other sports/coupe makes it unbeatable. A porker would be too selfish and my little nippers would kill me for not taking them in it.

Id go for the new Z4 M Coupe in dark blue. has the m3 engine in a much lighter body :) . 360bhp N/A. But thats mainly for the looks.

Would have to spend alot more than 9k on the current market to match my 400bhp VRT :lol:

I already went through this process and bought an S3 as a replacement. I figured at the time it was as close as VAG had come to a new Corrado and my VR was in need of retiring. After 15 months and some investment in the VR I sold the S3 even though real world it was the better car by a long way.

Can't decide what I'll try next, probably a chipped diesel dog of a Golf/Bora/A3 for the big miles I'll probably pile up on the next contract. I'll not try getting rid of the Corrado next time though cos I'm know that's just not gonna happen :lol:

Still got a soft spot for a Lupo GTi for a nippy little everydayer, if it wasn't for the fact everytime I see a bloke driving one I instinctively think he's in his girlfriends motor. :?

Fabia VRs anybody? Chipped & lowered as a street sleeper? :)

Stan - a lot of the EU markets got the Leon with the V6 engine and 4wd

In fact Seat Switzerland did offer a small run of Seat sanctioned supercharged Leon Cupra4 V6

If I could get my hands on some additional cash I would go for either a 350Z or a 3.2TT. If I was going sensible it would have to be an A4 Avant Tdi. I don't think I'd swap it for something of the same value though.

Still got a soft spot for a Lupo GTi for a nippy little everydayer,

i've really thought about sellin the g60 to get one of these :D

but when i'm ready for properly investin in a new car its gotta be an r32 or s3,s4, or even lower on the budget i'd be over the moon we a mk4 v6 4motion golf (we cream leathers)

Stan - a lot of the EU markets got the Leon with the V6 engine and 4wd

In fact Seat Switzerland did offer a small run of Seat sanctioned supercharged Leon Cupra4 V6

I was reading about these on http://www.seatcupra.net the other day. I reckon they'd be big sellers over here, but as was said on the seat forum, it would put pressure on sales of the R32, and thats probably why it was never sold here. Would love one though, its lovely 8)

To my eternal shame, I have to confess to quite fancying a Volvo V70 T5... No, wait, really. There's nothing out there other than a 'rado or maybe a 911 I'd really want, so I might as well have something that looks like the back-end of a bus, will carry shedloads of mountain bikes and camping gear out back and still goes like stink. In fact I might get one as a daily anyway :)

I drove one of them last week. It was the big coupe version not the estate but was a T5. Don't know much about these but the lad said they have 255bhp as standard. He's had it re-mapped to 315bhp. What a flyer it was :shock:

At first i was driving down a straight road thinking hmmmmmm, not as quick as the GT4 (same power) i had, then i thought sod it, and mashed the throttle into the carpet :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've never felt a car as huge as that take off like a scalded moggy. Very impressive. He said the mpg has improved too. There wasn't a hint of a rattle, squeak or creak in the cabin, it had full beige leather, all the toys, huge T5 alloys and had 85k on the clock. Not bad for £5500.

My next decent car will probably be a 350Z, awesome cars, 300ish bhp, solid, predicatble handling and loads of room, decent build quality too for a jap motor, just dont get the orange leather as it ages and wears terribly! ... but i need a few more years to get the corrado to the car i want it to be first 8)

Audi A5 3.0L TDI Quattro.

Granted they're £35k+ for a decent spec one, BUT you can get them on 2yr lease contracts for around £400 a month. Sounds like alot, but it would be brand new. So no repairs, no MOT, no niggling problems to solve, nothing.

Infact, i plan to own one within the next 3-4yrs.

A5 3.0L TDi for £400 per month on lease - where from.

I am trying to get my sister into one of these and even with my special deals (ie base rate) from Audi Finance I can't get her one below £520 + VAT per month, admittedly on 20,000 miles per year and thats over 3 years, 2 years is even higher.

The '£400 a month' was quoted by one of the contractors i work with, he ended up with an Audi A3 instead. I'll ask him about it next time he is in on Tuesday though