Sign in to follow this  
Wendy

Fuel Prices

How else are the government meant to pay for all those nice new stadia and sports arenas where people will be chucking blancmanges and throwing jam-jars around or something in 2031?..Tax the shit out of the motorist, the mugs.

Kinda back on topic..

BP super(shite) unleaded is £1.10/ltr in Aylesbury!

Regular's 99p/ltr..

Guess which I chose with the last £10 in my pocket!

Might be myth but anyone noticed differences in power from their C (VR6), when filling from different petrol brands?

Got BP superunleaded in at the mo - more zippier than usual. I'm not really veering away from the thread as it still cost me £60+ to fill the damn thing! Same as a Porsche 911! :shock:

I was running Tesco Superunleaded most recently and my car seemed lumpy and a bit off.. i've just filled up at my local Total garage with their normal unleaded and it seems a HECK of a lot smoother. When I got to work this morning I got out of the car and had a walk around it.. the idle was solid with no occasional dips! I think i'm just going to avoid Tesco fuel completely!

I've always been told that supermarket petrol is to be avoided, not sure how true that is, but I've got a couple of BPs close to my house, and a Shell the other side of town so I just use them.

Going off topic again and risking opening a well worn discussion elsewhere, but supermarkets don't own refineries. The base fuel comes from the same places as brands.

The main difference between brands and between brands and supermarkets is the additives, admittedly I don't have a Corrado that can take advantage of better fuel but my 16v has always run fine on Tesco Super and just as smoothly on regular, I've tried tanks of Optimax etc but it's never made any difference even though it was set up on a rolling road using Optimax.

If you run on regular unleaded then Shell/BP etc does make a small difference to resitance to pinking, my dad's old coked up Audi 80 used to pink on Tesco regular but not Shell.

$3.50 per gallon in the states! A colleague just told me,,

I remember when it hit $1.99 a gallon when I was living in Cincinnati in 2001, there was uproar! You should've seen the look on their faces when I told em how much we paid for petrol. Then I moved to Oklahoma where it was £1.08 a gallon. At those prices even running my 472cu in (7.8 litre) Cadillac wasn't too painful!

tunbridge wells shell vpower 109.7 today !!!!!!! :shock:

Cheap! Buckinghamshire... Tessers Super plus.. £112.9! Didn't even look at the Shell down the road.

Cheap! Buckinghamshire... Tessers Super plus.. £112.9! Didn't even look at the Shell down the road.

what !! :shock: i think we should all take our corrados and block the fuel depo's :lol:

what !! :shock: i think we should all take our corrados and block the fuel depo's :lol:

I blame Clarkson last night saying it's really good value for money...........

I blame Clarkson last night saying it's really good value for money...........

whats that ? i missed top gear last night ! what did he say ? :o

Bull sperm is £24,000 a litre :lol:

Yeah but keeping the Nozzle in the tanks an art-form apparently! :lol:

Using the electro stimulator is quite hard too.

Bull sperm is £24,000 a litre :lol:

Yeah but keeping the Nozzle in the tanks an art-form apparently! :lol:

Using the electro stimulator is quite hard too.

Hah Thought you were a real man, not one who uses "toys" ;)

Not sure if it's already been posted but

http://www.petrolprices.com tell you where the cheapest petrol is in your area you to have to sign up but if you're willing to travel a few miles could know a couple of pence off!! Not a lot I know. :(

omg this is so funny reading this from 2007 all those years ago ! only if we would know we would pay 133.09 for vpower only 3 years on..... :pale:

omg this is so funny reading this from 2007 all those years ago ! only if we would know we would pay 133.09 for vpower only 3 years on..... :pale:

Holy thread resurection Batman!

But yeah, very valid point it is crazy how we all complain like hell about fuel prices but right now most of us would be happy paying 'only' £1.10 for a litre of super...

I've been using Tesco 99 Ron more and more because of the 5p off a litre vouchers you get in store and I'm finding the car seems to prefer it to V power, so I might swerve Shell and their rip off pricing from now on....

for some reason tescos fuel goes further as well im sure, i only go to go tesco now as well

No Tesco near my place...... :mad2:

Got the ‘mini/metro Tesco’ with ESSO petrol but that’s different to Tesco 99, right? Shell is less than 10 minutes away so I've been using V-Power.

What I really need is Asda 99! :D