Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

No it can't be! I keep telling myself that, every time I go back o find something else tho. Getting all of the rear bits done has made me feel a lot better about it tho because that was another big job

Got a few hours in today. Replaced the rear brake lines and put the new coilovers on the back. El attached some of the brackets back into the engine bay! The rear is done now i think! Haha

Trying to decide on some wheels, fancy some bbs rs, not sure if 15 will be too small tho? I was also toying with 3sdm but still I can't decide

In today's post turned up another hose from roose! I didn't even know I was missing it lol so that's a win win!

Driveshafts built and fitted, power steering hoses and bottle fitted, front coilovers changed, now I'm trying to work out where the wiring runs, tried it earlier and ended up with a massive pile of wires left in the back left corner

If your still struggling in a week or so's time I'll pop up with that sunroof, and hopefully the rado

Right! Had this week off so done a few bits, went and picked up all remaining bits on Wednesday, bumpers, slake panel, spoiler, Mirrors and handles ordered some bumper bolts from VW. Went through today and got all the wiring from my old boot lid into the new one. Fitted the spoiler mechanism and spoiler. Slotted the bumper back in but need to bolt it in still :)

Fitted rear wiper motor after realising I need the spoiler mech out to fit it! Doh! Added the handles and the mirrors today and it's looking like a car again, replaced some wiring that was chewed up for the wing repeaters. Got to clean up the aux water pump and fit that. I've still got some brackets that I can't work out where they go! I'll add the pics to this!

38a7fbf2ed4301c1bec300afdd074053.jpgb990c253330e24b606a50abc2263e17d.jpg66f20abac83101b6a5eaf1989eb15775.jpg

Also with the fuel pipes which way round do they go? Have I got this right?

5115fa29b426ffad7258078864744e73.jpg

The car is looking fantastic Phil . Yes the fuel pipes are the right way round , or it does look right . I think one is slightly shorter , so it would be a bit of a struggle the wrong way round . You can check by following it back . Obviously one is the fuel non return .

Thanks mate :) it's getting there, new wheels arrived today so gotta see if the are going to fit or not, might be up for sale if they don't fit

Those the brackets you need identifying?

Top one goes near coilpack on left hand side as your looking at it.

Second one clips over abs pump and clips to a resistor

Third one is a Headlight dimming resistor I think, goes behind nearside Headlight... I think

With some help from Dave and Matt I think most of the wiring is done now! So when they left I got on with putting the radiator in and slam panel :) also got a couple of hoses in but there is some that I haven't dissed yet!

7ba4af24c4bbf6418047112023e29bdd.jpg979eed5dafee0a89c1a047d1d3857d38.jpg

Edited by Philuk

Do so Matt! I was just stood poking hoses into the engine bay without any idea where they went lol

Sweet, thanks dude :) how was the drive back? Hopefully I'll be able to join you shortly!