Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

Storm leather is no different but heating came as standard.

Gliptone do a really fantastic leather treatment that colours the slight cracks you get in leather. You send them the headrest and they match the colour perfectly. It's amazing stuff. Doesn't look like you need it though.

Edited by ChrisL

Right so that was the benefit to the storm leather, it was heated? Still think I've done alright with it! Just need some wiring and a switch now

I believe they were yes . I've got a set from a storm in beige , or cream , what ever colour it is . I didn't get the loom , but have the switch . One day I will get round to making a loom for them .

Have a look under the seat base if you're unsure if they're heated Phil. You should see a plug mounted to a bracket with the wire going up to the side of the seat base if they are mate.

Sean, that's what I spotted last night and had a little excitement inside. I hoped that was what it was, need to find a switch now ;) lol

Gliptone do a really fantastic leather treatment that colours the slight cracks you get in leather. You send them the headrest and they match the colour perfectly. It's amazing stuff. Doesn't look like you need it though.

I visited the glyptone / liquid leather people last week. got myself 250ml of the GT11, GT12 & the scuffmaster dye in VW black. think is was around £35 for all 3

the technician i spoke to there said that should be enough to do all the front surfaces of both front seats

ive started refurb'ing a leather steering wheel from here & the dirt the cleaner removed was quite a surprise! the conditioner has been left to soak for a few days & the leather feels extremely soft now

going to dye it this wkend hopefully

PhilUK - yes i belive there are early & late heated seat dash switches but i think it is just the physical shape

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

I visited the glyptone / liquid leather people last week. got myself 250ml of the GT11, GT12 & the scuffmaster dye in VW black. think is was around £35 for all 3

the technician i spoke to there said that should be enough to do all the front surfaces of both front seats

ive started refurb'ing a leather steering wheel from here & the dirt the cleaner removed was quite a surprise! the conditioner has been left to soak for a few days & the leather feels extremely soft now

going to dye it this wkend hopefully

PhilUK - yes i belive there are early & late heated seat dash switches but i think it is just the physical shape

Sounds good, have you got a link to getting it? Have you got some pics of what your seats are like and see how much difference it makes, with them not being too damaged I'm dubious if it will make any difference :)

Sounds good, have you got a link to getting it? Have you got some pics of what your seats are like and see how much difference it makes, with them not being too damaged I'm dubious if it will make any difference :)

i certainly do Phil :)

they are on http://www.liquidleather.com/

fortunately they relocated to literally a few miles from my house so i was able to go in & chat with them but they are primarily online. the technician looked at my seats & said to go with the VW black for the dye

be aware that they do sell kits but the amount of dye is very small, hence why i brought the 3 items as i stated due to not needing the couple of cloths & a nail brush in the kits ;)

i haven't done my seats yet, i am using the steering wheel as a tester & practice first

i can take a couple of pics of the steering wheel but they will be a during & after rather than a before, as i didn't take one before starting

i can say that i wasn't expecting much dirt or grime to come off the steering wheel as it was in rather nice condition. how wrong i was! i had to refill fresh water twice as it was so mucky. lord knows how much dirt will come off the seats lol

both the cleaner & conditioner go a very very long way with only a tiny amount. FYI i used an old tooth brush to apply the cleaner & then wet it a little & very gently agitated it, their guide says not to apply any pressure. I can say i was pleasantly surprised how well it foamed up

my seats are in excellent condition but do have some small cracks on the side & lower bolsters on drivers side. however the seat & back base are both excellent. the technician advised to do all the front facing areas so as to get a complete colour match, rather than just the bolsters

i have seen several examples of people using the glyptone route & the 'after' shots always look like the seats are virtually new. i was recommended glyptone a few years ago by Tim from 5th Gear when i gave him a short blast out in the VR :D

Gave the seats good clean and leather protect with autofinesse products, I'm gonna put them in as they are and then later on take them back out and repaint them. After seeing a post on here with flashing tape being used for sound deadening I made a purchase of some and also some plastic sheeting for the doors. That's this afternoons job plus I need to stop that water leak :) t812455e28a314c194712d4788e7d1d58.jpg68e5f67e779d19a47b752c585da3860c.jpgcb0fcc2c6c2055959ebcdac8e7133583.jpg

Edited by Philuk

Rear seats and doorcards are in, drivers door has had new rollers fitted, some sound deadening, new plastic and the doorcards fitted, passenger door has had everything but doorcard. Front seats are sat in place but not fixed. Can't stop water leaking from the thermostat housing end where is joins the crack pipe, I used Meyle bits from work which is what heritage send out so I thought they might be ok. Anyone got any ideas for the crack pipe? If not I'll just smash it up

Turned it over today and it wouldn't start, turned over and seems like it wants to start but I need to check firing order again just to be sure

Could try a different O-ring on the crack pipe, i renew mine most times i have it off (its a gruvenparts one)

I just have a box of the Rolson O-ring, Cost hardly anything but i've fitted them to crack pipe, rad neck coolant sensors etc with no problems.

Bought an o ring kit from work today, hopefully will get to the car sometime this week to try and stop the leak, then I need to try and get it started, does anyone know the firing order that's what it sounded like, anything else it could be?

I think the firing order is stamped on the coilpack itself but anyway, looking at it from offside, starting top left is 6, 4, 2, bottom row 1, 3, 5. I would link a picture but I'm on my Mobile, just Google vr6 firing order coilpack and there's thousands of images.

I'd check plugs, then make sure you are getting fuel to the rail, make sure fuel relay is fully pushed in as I've heard people knocking them out of fusebox.

Double check all your earth's and make sure ecu plug is fully in.

As for thermostat, the seal is usually a snug fit so if it slides on easily then it's wrong, I might have a spare housing to try if you need it

Yea top one is wrong!

Just looked and in that thread the guy said he has 1 and 5 mixed up, massively unlucky it's the first image that pops up!

Edited by swiftkid

Fingers crossed, I want to go and try it now but don't think I've got it in me to drive 20 miles beforehand

Haha! Must be a Yorkshire thing! Possibly a Scarborough thing ;) hopefully that will be it! On a happier note here is a pic of the rest seats in :)

a3d1bce529cbc317f8243aa138460b2a.jpg0d040ce64b0e286b8e70f3557fe19ab1.jpg