Chris Langdon

Chris Langdon's Moonlight Blue VR6 thread!!!

Its a start ;-) do you have a thread anywhere for it, I would love to restore a mk1 gti to original condition.

Have a look at Ebay item no 161056655772 a very good base mate.

yeah nice little project for someone

---------- Post added at 2:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:16 PM ----------

Its a start ;-) do you have a thread anywhere for it, I would love to restore a mk1 gti to original condition.

Ha LOL yes mate not on here on the mk1 owners club forum ;) yeah only thing is part like the corrado are hard to come buy now :(

HELLO ALL ITS BEEEEEENNNNNNNNN AGES HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL , yes Im still and alive and kicking ;) lol hope to go to a few shows this year so il say hello ;)

Thanks mate

well it wouldnt be the G40 as its up for sale :( wanna use the Corrado this year more as the G60 has taken over :/ and things in life change I used to have a lot of time but not now with work kids, got into cycling too car have taken a back seat for a long while used to spend a lot of time on here!! depends on what show i go to be sure to say hello ;)

9d5fbd5b-917d-47c4-a64f-a501e1041fab_zpsf29c976b.jpg

Edited by Chris Langdon

Thanks mate

well it wouldnt be the G40 as its up for sale :( wanna use the Corrado this year more as the G60 has taken over :/ and things in life change I used to have a lot of time but not now with work kids, got into cycling too car have taken a back seat for a long while used to spend a lot of time on here!! depends on what show i go to be sure to say hello ;)

9d5fbd5b-917d-47c4-a64f-a501e1041fab_zpsf29c976b.jpg

A fantastic picture.

Ha LOL Cheers fella well if you knew the type of kids I taught then that ford is perfect for them LOL I do let the odd one or two wash my dust cap LOL;) yes its a great pic of the collection shame the G40 is going has been a great car a lot of fun even the wifey like that one, especially now it has a PSD full blend charger on it ;)

Ive been saying this to myself for years now but i really must get an Ed1, i love everything about them especially the LHD thing for some reason…

Nice collection there Chris, time more of us got to meet the VR, I've seen the MK1 in the flesh and it is (often misused word coming up)…. mint...

Ive been saying this to myself for years now but i really must get an Ed1, i love everything about them especially the LHD thing for some reason…

Nice collection there Chris, time more of us got to meet the VR, I've seen the MK1 in the flesh and it is (often misused word coming up)…. mint...

mate thanks very kind of ya cheers the corrado is more a very good daily than mint yes do it they are great but rado is more refined

I'm back (AGAIN LOL) long time no see hope everybody's ok

Well Polo G40 went at the start of the year, and at the weekend My lovely G60 edition one was sold too, im back in the VR after a 3 yr fling with the G60 :0 fill really bad in not using that it all that time!!!

first job i had to do was replace the defunked sunroof, lucky a mate (Matt thank u matt) gave me one. and lucky that has sorted it.

first job on the list of things to do is :-

1.) fit a stereo !! an amp and sub which ive had for ages

2.) get a new battery

3.) give it a damn good service (including lubricating the spoiler)

4.) refurb the speedlines

5.) wire up the adjustable headlight motors

6.) tidy up split rims

7.) fit new VW badge to the rear

8.) rebuild front end

9.) clean and fit new heat sheilds

10.) Repaint front calipers

11.) Give it a good wash and wax @ the weekend (weather permitting)

12.) Fix Clifford alarm

13.) find a decent set of front recaro seats in black if anyone is selling a set please let me know thanks

14.) upgrade bulb in interior light with white LED one

Edited by Chris Langdon

Back on the road again !!!!! Shame on you for leaving the poor old girl for so long lol . I think you will find it easier with just the two now mate. I will pop up for a coffee soon . Can I have my battery back now please lol , only joking , glad to help .

Shame you sold that G60 mate - looked a lovely looking car when I saw it a Shelsley