__Andy__

Been a while.....03/05/2018

Good work Andy. You gonna make it to the RR day in November in this? It'd be good to see how well you do with all the effort :)

Amazing work, Andy. Can't wait to see it sometime! Pics?

cheers andy, ill get some pics this weekend hopefully and update accordingly..

Great work mate! Looks amazing must have been wicked taking her out for that first run 8)

thanks dan.. it was great driving it again espieically as its been off the road for best part of two months..its completely differnt to how it was before, still havent sat back and taken in the work that ive put in if im honest... i know its not a homebrew r32 conversion but im a comlpete novice when it comes to engine building so am quite chuffed with the result's... :D

hows the g?

Good work Andy. You gonna make it to the RR day in November in this? It'd be good to see how well you do with all the effort :)

its gona need to go on the rollers i think stu, just to get it all setup correctly and see how its running...tho tbh i think realistically it wont be more then 140bhp.. if ive manged to get the running in done by november then ill try my best to come :)

heres a quick couple of pics of the new wheels... chuffed to bits with how they look, however the 'stance' guru's will prob say it needs to be lower and i kind of agree but it drives and handles so well at this height...

Wow! Looks absolutely stunning, Andy. Reckon the ride height's spot on, but then I'm no stance guru! :lol:

Wow! Looks absolutely stunning, Andy. Reckon the ride height's spot on, but then I'm no stance guru! :lol:

i think i may bring it down a v small amount, will change the knackered splitter for a spare 50ml ive got...i dont want any arch rub and deffinately do not want to smash the crap out of the inner arch's...

thanks for the kind words andy, as said before if i get this car half as good as your last valver ill be a happy chappy.. :)

very very nice mate :)

cheers karl, must say im v jealous of the 8 series...other then an early 635 the 8 is my all time favourite bmw..awesome to be a manual too..

Looks stunning mate. Are the RMs 15"?

cheers stu, they are 15's indeed... they made a few sets of rm's in 16's but they are like hens teeth and iirc are merc fitment with low offsets :(

specs on mine are 8j front 8.5j rears...polished alloy dish's, genuine bbs chrome bolts, powdercoated black centres, awaiting delivery of some polished half height centre nuts and diff centre caps...

tyres are 175/50/15's :cuckoo:

wow! looks lush with the new rims :notworthy:

cheers dude, car looks completely differnt now, much better i think.. D90's are tucked up nicely in the garage and will be back on fairly soon as deffinately dont want to run the rm's through the winter..

wheels look awesome mate! really really nice! :D

thanks very much, this is my second set of rm's, the first set never made it onto the car and tbh were in a bit of a state so i sold them on last year.. jus had to have another set and looked for ages,finally managed to find these at a decent price last month... i cant believe some of the prices people want to chrage for rm's these days...its insane!

Thats :luvlove: great work mate! :salute: I'm back over for work from the 1st to the 3rd of Nov, going to be staying at the Solent hotel if you fancy hooking up? I want to see her in the metal and have a catch up!

Thats :luvlove: great work mate! :salute: I'm back over for work from the 1st to the 3rd of Nov, going to be staying at the Solent hotel if you fancy hooking up? I want to see her in the metal and have a catch up!

thatd be awesome dude, deff meet up... hopefully she will be up and running fully by then..

well... as title then i ruptured my achilles last nite playing my first squash league match this season :(. couldnt of come at a worse time tbh.. the cars just about finished and was looking forward to running it in and adding a few more touch's to it...am moving out in 3 weeks and really focused on work at the moment.

am currently in a cast and go to the fracture clinic on wednesday, been told to push for it to be operated on... am starting to think that sport and i do not mix.. in the last 5 years ive torn my mcl in my right knee, fractured my right knee cap, damaged nerves and tendons in one of my fingers, broken a thumb, broken my right hand, damaged tendons in my left ankle and now the achilles.. i gave up rugby just under two years ago after 17 years when i did my knee and started playing squash more seriously after recovering from the knee injury, i had made the decision to start playing rugby again in the next month or so...gutted tbh as have missed it something chronic.

but most of all am frustrated as the car is almost to how ive always wanted it and now its just going to be sat on the drive not being driven..its done less then 100 miles in the last 3 months and im going to be in a cast 12 weeks minimum :(

anyway rant over... ideas of things to do while im off my feet on a post card please... :D

That's a bugger. Hope you mend quickly and well.

What to do while you can't drive? Plan a nice road trip for when you can :)

That's a bugger. Hope you mend quickly and well.

What to do while you can't drive? Plan a nice road trip for when you can :)

gd idea judith, i had planned on taking the cra up to DG soon however that will have to wait now... ive always wanted to drive over to germany and visit a few places..

Wishing you a swift recovery, Andy :( Not a nice injury to get...

cheers dude, its painful v painful..back to work tomorrow tho!

some list of injuries there :shock:

like you said, make sure you hassle and hassle to get the medical attention you need asap.

been reading though your thread again, always nice to see money time and care being spent on a 16v :) great read again :salute:

some list of injuries there :shock:

like you said, make sure you hassle and hassle to get the medical attention you need asap.

been reading though your thread again, always nice to see money time and care being spent on a 16v :) great read again :salute:

thanks david, ive got a lot of time and love for the 16v..always been impressed by your valver and would love to get my engine up to a similar standard..