__Andy__

Been a while.....03/05/2018

Nice one, Andy! Such a nice car 8)

thanks andy, ill be honest i let it get into a bit of a state and ive still got a lot of cleaning to do but it'll get there!

as title then, i spent a few hours on the alpine today..wrapping wiring looms. ive been putting this off since re-building the engine and what a cock of a job it is! ran out of tape too so didnt quite manage to finish. also removed the fan shroud in prep for the laser cut fan brackets and slimline fan. hope to have all the bay wiring finished up next weekend, am also going to paint and tidy up the fuel lines. thats all for now..

ive gone a bit crazy amassing more parts for the valver, new rear badge,new windscreen washer fluid bottle, new pas fluid bottle, a shed load more wiring loom tape, new black front badge. new headlight bulbs k&n panel filter..still to come another set of all red rears.. uprated headlight wiring loom, will also be sending a load of mounts/brackets to the powdercoaters early next month and im currently on the lookout for some silicone coolant hoses..its all part of tidying the engine bay up.

ive painted the fuel lines and its made a big differnce and have removed,stripped and cleaned the headlights..will be painting the inserts later this evening. ive still got a shed load of wiring looms to re-tape, ive stripped out as much as possible to get better access to most of the looms in the bay and its now looking even more of a mess then when i did all the engine work, it'll get there tho..

once its all finished it'll be time to find a friendly mot station due to the current change in laws by the dvla with regards to cat's..wonderfull!

Sounds good Andy, good work fella :salute:

Any pics of the work in progress?

got a load of pics to update with but really struggling with the new uploader, just cannot get it to work :(

Probably just too big (either dimensions or file size). How big are they? Maybe try resizing them?

Probably just too big (either dimensions or file size). How big are they? Maybe try resizing them?

ill give it a go and see what happens, it just wont add them to the file upload..strange...

so then, its been a busy year for me, works been hectic with a promotion and re-location, at the beginning of the year i went snowboarding for the first time and instantly fell in love with the sport booking up two holidays in jan and feb next year, along with my other hobby of cycling which took up most of my spare time until bought my first house almost 6 months ago. ive almost completely re-decorated the house now and we are on the finishing stages of putting a whole new bathroom suite in, along with practically re-plumbing the house at the same time due to poor workmanship from previous owners.

as for cars... they just haven't been on my radar at all this year, i made an attempt at the beginning of the year to re-kindle the love for the corrado in january this year buying various parts to finish the engine bay off but quickly became busy with work and the corrado took a back seat again.

the audi has been used sparingly due to company transport and is probably only used once or twice a week, it will be going up for sale in the new year to make way for something else...i've set myself a goal of having a 911 before i'm 30 which leads me up to where i am now..

one of the main selling points of the house for me was the garage, recently built, longer then a standard garage and slightly wider with a small workshop area, its perfect for the corrado to live in with enough space for my turbo trainer for winter training.

plan is to get the corrado finished off at the beginning of the year after doing the final touches to the garage, (floor painted, all electrics wired in,lighting etc,paint the walls), sell the audi in spring and put the proceeds back into savings and start the proper saving for a porsche. i still have many plans as everyone does with their corrado's and i hope to change a few subtle things in the new year, ive tossed and turned on the idea of selling/breaking the car but tbh i just cant bring myself to it, other then my first corrado all those years ago ive become v attached to the alpine and truth be told i cant in visage not owning it.

it might sound silly but if i had'nt of bought this car i would not be where i am today, i wouldn't of walked into a shop to buy some parts for it, struck a conversation with the manager and co-incidentally landed myself a job with said manager 2 months later. im still working for the same company almost 4 years down the line and have never been happier in a job then i am now.

so after all this i feel its time to re-pay some of the faith in the car and get it finished to how i want it.

will update as and when i manage to get the car into the garage and start sorting it.

Excellent news Andy 8) Sounds like you've had an amazing (busy!) year. Brilliant that the Alpine will have somewhere nice to live. Lovely car- looking forward to seeing some pics of it- it's been too long!

Hi there Andy,was wondering why i hadn't spoken to you at your work in a while,sounds like you have been busy.Good to see you are going to be giving your C some attention ! atb Daren (Droxford)

Excellent news Andy 8) Sounds like you've had an amazing (busy!) year. Brilliant that the Alpine will have somewhere nice to live. Lovely car- looking forward to seeing some pics of it- it's been too long!

cheers andy, indeed its been a busy 12 months..ill get some new pics up once its in its new home, its currently sat with a bare front end after i refurbished the headlights back at the beginning of the year, looks a bit sorry for itself with the engine looms all stripped back ready for re-taping.. it'll get there and hopefully will be the finished article soon enough.

v jealous of your storm andy, look forward to seeing it in the metal next year sometime.

---------- Post added at 8:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:11 PM ----------

Hi there Andy,was wondering why i hadn't spoken to you at your work in a while,sounds like you have been busy.Good to see you are going to be giving your C some attention ! atb Daren (Droxford)

hi darren, hows things? business all good? im based out of the southampton branch now, not a million miles away but was time for a change.

still need to see your vr!

Business pretty good thanks Andy,ditto be nice to see your C too .

glad to hear its going well, its been a tough year for a lot of business' in the trade..

Hello Andy... Been a while since i heard an update from you...

Glad all is going well mate...

hi micheal, i see your back in the fold again and with something equally if not more special then the storm, not that im jealous at all! i think your one car away from owning all 3 of my all time favourite corrado's.

hope things are going well your end, will be keeping an eye on your progress with the new car.

so today i spent all afternoon clearing out my folks garage and shed's of all the spares ive accumulated over the last 6 years, found some bits i need and an absolute shed load of stuff i dont need!

not much has happened on the car front, however i took the cover off and started the car for the first time in an eternity, started first turn of the key and is a smooth as the day i finished the engine build. Ive been putting this off for some time as i thought i had a dodgy sunroof seal and was worried what might be lurking inside the car...luckily the seal is fine and the recaro's are still immaculate..happydays!

I've started putting together the last few bits i need for powdercoating and finishing off the engine bay. Am hoping to have it back on the road soonish.

quick update, audi has now gone..corrado is in the garage getting some love. new tie rods and ends with 4 wheel alignment, slimline rad fan fitted, wiring looms re-taped, full service, few little niggles addressed and then an mot..hoping it'll be back next week.

Still haven't seen this car of yours Andy! ,was thinking that maybe we should organise a mini meet as there seem to be a growing number of rado owners in the Portsmouth,Waterlooville,Fareham area.

Look forward to seeing this as it was under cover when I came over! Andy, you mentioned you had a few splitters when I saw you last, wouldn't be willing to let a 90mm one go for the right price would you?

Sounds like a good idea that too Daren! Martin (vr6 south) mentioned he used to organise a local meet that was well attended, but it's been a while since there has been one. Something like what Fay organised with the Sussex meet that was well attended by surrounding counties too. Something I'd look forward to!

Still haven't seen this car of yours Andy! ,was thinking that maybe we should organise a mini meet as there seem to be a growing number of rado owners in the Portsmouth,Waterlooville,Fareham area.

its a bit of a state tbh after being sat up for so long but its getting some love so wont be long before its back to its best...spent a few more hours sorting wiring looms this morning..my back feels great for it!

a meet sounds great, been ages since ive had a nosey at another corrado and I'm keen to see your vr darren.

Look forward to seeing this as it was under cover when I came over! Andy, you mentioned you had a few splitters when I saw you last, wouldn't be willing to let a 90mm one go for the right price would you?

Sounds like a good idea that too Daren! Martin (vr6 south) mentioned he used to organise a local meet that was well attended, but it's been a while since there has been one. Something like what Fay organised with the Sussex meet that was well attended by surrounding counties too. Something I'd look forward to!

shouldnt be too long before its back..as for splitters ive got a couple, tho sadly the one on my car is way past its best which would leave me with one spare..greedy i know but id rather keep it tbh.sorry dude.

A local meet sounds like a good idea Sean, perhaps when Andy gets his Corrado on the road.

hows things martin? been a while! maybe a meet at fishermans rest again could be a goer?

hows things martin? been a while! maybe a meet at fishermans rest again could be a goer?

Yo are right. I think the last local meet was at the Fishers Pond, it was a good turn out too. The mini mini meets also fell by the wayside as it was just me and Toad who turned up! Let me know when you are back on the road and we'll get something sorted hopefully before the weather turns :)

heres the c which i thought may of been oak green, anyone know what colour this is??000_0416.jpg[/attachment:wuvqzdks]

That's what colour my Minty one used to be before the spreay. On the old MOT's the colour is down as both green and grey!! Haha