__Andy__

Been a while.....03/05/2018

thats alot of cleaning products.... :shock:

ha, it is but got most of the ag stuff silly cheap from a company closing down so thought i may aswell stock up while i had the chance. plus i can get pretty much the full ag range at cost price through work. good times :D ...

had the day off work today to go to the dentist as ive got a killer wisdom tooth causing ridiculous pain so after i had that looked at i took a trip to the stealership to relieve myself of a few pennies... had to go to hedge end peter coopers as my local dealership wasnt giving me trade discount even though i work in the trade :cuckoo: .

heres what i got:

new gear knob

new handbrake trim

new tilt lever for my new seats as one was missing

new handbrake handle

new bushes, bolts and washers for my old recaro's which i now dont need lol.

enquired about the price of a new gear boot as well, trade price of £85 +vat, hmmm that will be a no then as mj interior's will hand make you one for £25!

also retrimmed one of my stealth shelve's and was pretty happy with how it came out:

Did you get a new handbrake handle in leather? If so how much was it mate? The clip on mine is broke and it drives me nuts!

Did you get a new handbrake handle in leather? If so how much was it mate? The clip on mine is broke and it drives me nuts!

i didnt get the leather trim no, it is actually seperate to the handle and circa £30 plus the vat at trade price!

the handle itself was around £4ish iirc, cant find the reciept at the mo. part number for the handle is: 191 711 327 C 01 C

the leather will just pull off along with the handle, buy the new handle, pop the leather boot on and clip it into the handbrake trim. good times!

hth jim, have you still got the valver?

when is the money shot coming then Andy :norty:

haha all in good time karl, everytime i look at them it puts a smile on my face. going to clean them at the weekend and get the dash in and then jobs a good un. all going well there will be pics up on sunday.

did you get your seats in?

Cheers for the info mate :) Might look into a new handbrake handle anyway regardless of the leather situation..

Yep! Saving frantically for a VR still though... about 25% of the way to a reasonable one so far! Hope to accelerate that after xmas!

Cheers for the info mate :) Might look into a new handbrake handle anyway regardless of the leather situation..

Yep! Saving frantically for a VR still though... about 25% of the way to a reasonable one so far! Hope to accelerate that after xmas!

good times, you going to keep the valver?

everytime i hear a vr it makes me want one, got too unfinished business with the alpine and bordeaux first though..

well here it is, my new toy that ive spent the last few eeks sourcing parts for etc etc... should be fully built by the weekend,

i know its not a corrado but ive been telling myself for the past few years that il build myself a nice trail bike and finally got round to doing it.

big thanks to go-rado on here, i popped round his recently for some bits for the alpine and ended up looting him of near enough all his spare bike parts, cheers lee! :)

spand for all you mtbers on here, heres the spec:

Gt Avalanche le frame 16'' ( centre to centre)

Marzocchi x-fly 100ml forks

Chris King No-threadset

Hope head doctor

Hope seat clamp

Full XT groupset (still trying to find some shifters)

Middleburn chainrings

Anodized red sealed jockey wheels

All XTR cables

Azonic pdw bars

Mavic 121 ceramic rims laced to Goldtec Sam Titanium hubs

Kore titanium skewers

X-lite Kevlar saddle with titanium rails

Onza dan rear tyre

Panaracer magic pro front tyre (also have a brand new set of continental mountain king tyres waiting to go on)

all thats left to get is a seatpost but hopefully ive sourced an x-lite clickon, a set of wellgo pedals (v12 copies with sealed bearings) a kore stem and some xt shifters..

cheeky pic, enjoy...

Now THAT spec list takes me back lol

Looks mint!

Andy

cheers andy, im pretty chuffed with it. got any old mtbs tyourself?

ha, i think the best way to describe it is retro/old skool lol... i really have to thank lee for the parts and inspiration to build it. really wanted a zaskar but couldnt find one smaller then an 18''' which is farr too big for mr as im about 3ft tall :)

I love the old GTs from the mid to late 90s. That looks a good one. I've got 2x LTS DH 2x 98 Carbon/Alu STS Lobos 1x 99 Alu Lobo. All brilliant. Latest purchase is a 2001 16" Zasker for my girlfriend. All of them are 100% original spec (or at least have period parts), hope the rest of the build goes well. :D

I love the old GTs from the mid to late 90s. That looks a good one. I've got 2x LTS DH 2x 98 Carbon/Alu STS Lobos 1x 99 Alu Lobo. All brilliant. Latest purchase is a 2001 16" Zasker for my girlfriend. All of them are 100% original spec (or at least have period parts), hope the rest of the build goes well. :D

i think i might of stumbled across one of your threads on retrobike last night, if not then someone else has the same amount of lts' and lobos' lol.

16'' zaskar, am very jealous. im gona see how this one rides and if i dont like it ill keep a look out for a zaskar, kula explsif or muni mula.. i do love a good kona.

im literally waiting on the postie to turn up with the last few bits i need, hopefully ill have a few finished phots by the end of thee weekend.

on the car front.. new seats are in and ive got the the door cards and dash to do to finish off the black interior conversion. got a nice little touch on its way from vw that ive wanted for a while so will update once thats in and will get the pics of some very special seats :D

ive sold the bordeaux to a friend and for the first time in a long time i am now down to just one corrado, imho i dont like it so i think their will be another one on the not to distant horizon, i know what im after but it may take some time to find the right one..

ok so things have been a bit quiet from me on here of late, but the alpine has been recieving a lot of love recently so thought i would post up my recent antics. the car is barely being used these days and has more or less become a weekend car as i now have a new daily..

ive also finished my GT winter project and am chuffed to pieces with it, is a very light and comfy mountain bike and a lot of fun to ride.

The black interior conversion is now finished and i managed to accquire some very tasty and dare i say 'rare' seats a while back, ill let the pics do the talking but these seats are immaculate and have wanted a set for a good while, a tidy replacement for the leather recaros i had previously.

so heres what ive been up to (all with the helping hand of chirs):

seats out and wet vacced

late door cards fitted and switch's changed

new us spec heater controls fitted

new mk4 header tank upgrade, coolant change (fresh g12)

new G60/VR6 front calipers

new 280ml front disc's and pads

new Goodridge braided hoses

sebrings on while d90's are refurbed

smoothed and polished rocker cover fitted, manifolds to follow

new rocker cover gasket fitted

new spark plugs

tinted fogs yellow

now the interior is finished im going to start tidying up the engine bay, as we all know the 16v engine bay isnt the prettiest thing to look at. ive got some braided fuel lines to go on and am currently waiting for some manifolds to come back from the polisher's, though i may end up painting some spare manifolds and rock covers ive got as maintenance on polished rockers etc may be a pain in the backside. then ill look at replacing hoses etc etc..

anyway enough of my rambling heres a few pics...

cheers,

Andy

Those seats are gorgeous :)

But I think you've put the bike rack on the wrong side of the car :lol:

cheers dude, am pretty chuffed with the seats..

as for the bike rack lol..

I thought that was a make shift bull bar! :lol:

lol, i wonder if thats ever been done..

as title then, fresh....

picked up my wheels from the refurber's yesterday and im chuffed to bits. nothing fancy, same as they were before but the finish wasnt perfect and they had seen a few curbs. car is filthy at the mo so will put them back on after a good clean next week, ready in time for stonor.

Andy

with stonor done and dusted i thought id chuck a few pics up of the car after 13 hours worth of cleaning ready for stonor.

applications & products as follows:

snow foam (bilt hamber mixed with chemical guys maxi suds)

rinse

2 bucket method wash (chemical guys citrus wash & gloss)

rinse

clay (bilt hamber autoclay)

clay again

snow foam again

rinse

2 bucket method

rinse

dried

t-cut entire car :cuckoo:

polished (dodo juice lime prime)

sealed (chemical guys jet seal 109)

wax (dodo juic light fantastic)

trims dressed (chemical guys trim gel)

glass (rain-x & autoglym fast glass)

Wheels: jet seal, meguiars mirror glaze (baskets), collinite915,wheelwax

Archs: bilt hamber hd degreaser, meguiars mirror glaze

and this is the finished article on the saturday before stonor.....

looking very very clean mate, must be hard to keep it dirt free!

like the yellow fogs with that alpine, looks 8)