__Andy__

Been a while.....03/05/2018

Ooof. Broken achilles makes me feel quite ill.

If you need any help, give me a shout.

Ooof. Broken achilles makes me feel quite ill.

If you need any help, give me a shout.

cheers tom, is greatly appreciated..

sorry to hear this, keep your chin up fella, these things happen at the worst of times, its just sods law.

thanks dude, kinda used to this kinda thing now but this is the most painfull injury to date... :(

Looks good dude, i personally think you need to lower it substantially or fit fatter less stretchy tyres. Maybe its just me but with that amount of arch gap the stretch looks a little silly.

Either way, sorry to hear about ur achilles mate, sounds painfull...

i ruptured mine in two places, doing a fittness test for my work. must say it was the worse injury ive ever had. i feel your pain mate. love the car looks awsome.

Looks good dude, i personally think you need to lower it substantially or fit fatter less stretchy tyres. Maybe its just me but with that amount of arch gap the stretch looks a little silly.

cheers dude,

i do agree, however if i do lower it a lot then the arch's will chew the tyres up and i dnt wnt to ruin the tyres or the arch's... my last set of rm's were the same spec but had 195/45's and i preferred those, this set came with these tyres so decided id run these for now... it will be lowered a touch on these wheels next year but they're gona come off this weekend and my sebrings will replace them for the winter. d90's will stay in the garage as the car wont be used now untill at least early jan :(

hows the vr? missing the valver?

i ruptured mine in two places, doing a fittness test for my work. must say it was the worse injury ive ever had. i feel your pain mate. love the car looks awsome.

thats sounds painful, i dnt think mine is quite as bad as yours, tho i have completely sheared it from the muscle... :pukeright:

cheers for the kind words on the car.. just wish i could drive it..i let my dad drive it for the first time tonight, v strange being a passenger :?

No luck. Thats some list, I race bikes for a hobby and Ive only broken a finger in 3 years!!! I remeber this happening to my dad and he was layed up for a while. Speedy recovery.

No luck. Thats some list, I race bikes for a hobby and Ive only broken a finger in 3 years!!! I remeber this happening to my dad and he was layed up for a while. Speedy recovery.

cheers dude, what kinda of racing do you do?

Thats a fair few injurys in the last 5 yrs by the sound of it! Just had my 2nd acl op myself so i know how frustrating it can be! Good luck on a quick recovery mate.

Thats a fair few injurys in the last 5 yrs by the sound of it! Just had my 2nd acl op myself so i know how frustrating it can be! Good luck on a quick recovery mate.

cheers dude, acl is a nasty injury too..all the best..

Yup, getting another LOL...

I really like the colour of your light blue one...

Yup, getting another LOL...

I really like the colour of your light blue one...

Didn't enjoy the vr? The blue one was painted in Alda Romeo nuovolla blue..I've got the paint code somewhere.what's the plans for the new valver then?

I've just bought a vr but I dnt think I could part with my alpine..too much time and effort out into it.

ok small update then chaps...

the alpine is now sat on my folks driveway again looking dirty and sorry for itself as it hasnt been cleaned properly since before the engine rebuild.. having been off my feet for three months with the chocolate achilles i lost a lot of love for cars etc..however i did buy another corrado in december which ive been doing the odd bit on here and there when i can find the energy.

the alpine still isnt through the running in period on the engine, probably another 6-700 miles to go before its run in properly (1000 mile run in) so in 7 months or so its done literally 300 miles...brilliant!

the bbs' arent looking too pretty, over the winter its been sat on them the whole time i was injured, they will be stripped and refurbished in the coming months and subsequently sold, too much maintenance for me at the moment.

have started to slowly gather together all of my spares ready to be sold and clear out my folks garage, im in two minds at the moment as to what im going to do with both cars..im considering selling everything but at the same time am kinda looking for supercharger's... :cuckoo:

i think i just need to have some time enjoying and driving a car, espiecially the alpine after all the work that went into it.. still havent driven it properly since it was semi-finished, still quite a lot to do on it and i really dont have the energy... hence the feeling of just selling up and maybe buying a standard one to use the odd weekend when the weather is nice.

decisions decisions...

well, insured the valver again this week.. but its still sat on my folks drive not being driven. waiting for some better weather so i can give it the damn good clean it deserves. found a few more bits and bobs in the garage recently that id forgotten about including a slimline fan bracket and fan.. will get these bits fitted once we have better weather..

ok so had this a while now and finally got round to cleaning it...

weapons of choice as follows:

snow foam & maxi suds

citrus wash & gloss (2 bucket method)

t-cut (entire car)

ag super resin polish

jet seal 109

dodo juice blue velvet pro

cg trim gel

ag fast glass

first time i had used the velvet pro and am very impressed with it. didnt go mad on the car just a quick tidy up, will finish the arch's and shuts another weekend and then onto the interior. few pics for you...

enjoy

Andy

cheers andy, i didnt take any pics of the wheels. not really my cup of tea tbh, think ill get a set of original silver speedlines... had a set a while ago but stupidly sold them.

I quite like them. Mine are OK, but could ultimately do with a refurb for perfection's sake. Think I'll prob go with silver though. Had gunmetal ones on my green VR and really liked them.

I quite like them. Mine are OK, but could ultimately do with a refurb for perfection's sake. Think I'll prob go with silver though. Had gunmetal ones on my green VR and really liked them.

i think i would prefer them if they were lighter instead of being solid black, anthracite or gunmetal would look good i think.

very nice andy, finish looks excellent, i quite like the moody wheels but a shade lighter would be nicer again.

Edited by aide
typo!

very nice andy, finish looks excellent, i quite like the moody wheels but a shade kighter would be nicer again.

cheers dude, on the hunt for another set of speedies, or some 5x100-5x130 adaptors..