Sign in to follow this  
jazzdevil

Early midlife crisis... Porsche or Audi?

Okay, cutting to the chase: I'm thinking about acquiring another car - still has to fit the basic fun and interesting critera that we all seem to use, so do I 'go cheap' and relieve my mate of his very tidy, just over 100k 944 S2 or opt for something newer (and obviously initially more expensive) like a TT?

Would appreciate any experiences/opinions other Forum-ites (with nothing better to do than replay to my speculative thread :lol: ) have to add.

Cheers.

944S2...get a good one and it should not cost you much more to run than a VR (its not any quicker than a VR either but anyway...)

I certainly wouldn't get a MK1 TT, because dynamically they are dull and uninspiring to drive and that's from personal experience, not reciting what journalists say about them.

And they're way too common aswell. It's a car you would get bored of very quickly.

I wouldn't get a 944 either, I'd get a 968 CS, but choosing between the two only......I'd get the 944.

The new TTs are superb to drive and look at.

I'd defiinitely go for a 968 too. I tempted at the moment but there are too many other things happening. I'd get the Sport- more of a compromise between the "normal" on and the CS.

never driven a TT but I do like the look of them. My mum has a 944 (not an S2 tho) which I've driven a fair bit. I thought it was great when I had my rocco but now, the only I thing I prefer about her car is the driving position. Oh and the heater works properly :wink:

Defo porka mate, enquire about running / service costs...think you will be pleasently surpirsed.

Would avoid Vauxhall like the plauge. Use to run a V6 Calibra even use to be a memebr of the Calibra forum (Sorry :( ), us Calibra owners had an ols saying that it was cheaper to run a Porka than Vauxhall and that was aboloutley true. Some example of costs I had:

Cambelt change: £560

Aux water pump £270 (10 day wait part on backorder)

Gearbox cable (£110 !!!! For F**cks sake its a piece of wire in a plastic shroud!!)

Sold it after that, before somethihng went really wrong....

I've owned my 944NA for about 2 and a half years and have hardly had to put any money into it. Granted it's not an S2, but the NA's have a history as well. Great car to look at, great car to drive.

I'm afraid neither the Porsche or Audi are gonna help you there.

Go out and get laid every night for 2 weeks

That'll bring you back to earth.You're welcome

BMW Mmmmmmmmm-Coupe! 8)

Godammit, I was going to say that!

Seriously, get the M coupe. It's the only car I would even consider changing my Corrado for ( honestly ). And even then I couldn't do it.

I'd go for the 944 of the two you mentioned, though.

BMW Mmmmmmmmm-Coupe! 8)

Seriously, get the M coupe. It's the only car I would even consider changing my Corrado for ( honestly ).

:lol:

It's an amazing car! Really quite a rarity, looks different to anything else, verrrrrry quick, rear wheel drive etc etc. I'd love one 8)

BMW Mmmmmmmmm-Coupe! 8)

Seriously, get the M coupe. It's the only car I would even consider changing my Corrado for ( honestly ).

:lol:

It's an amazing car! Really quite a rarity, looks different to anything else, verrrrrry quick, rear wheel drive etc etc. I'd love one 8)

they are lovely looking cars agreed. not overly quick, ive gone past a few fairly easy, always good to see their facial expressions. :lol:

New TT or the porsche has my vote..both in grey. 8). I think you can have just as much fun in either.