24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

You got serious bottle Jay........I'd never attempt anything so extreme, but then again I depend on my car for work.

Nice one 8)

Cheers all.

The engine bay will be fully degreased, de-cluttered and painted so it will then be easy to clean!

I depend on my car for work too. Thats why I have such a short deadline and I am driving a £200 banger to work at the moment! :)

I must admit it is quite frightening ripping out all the work I have done over the last 3 years, but it will be worth it in the end!

Jay

Bloody hell Jay, this is gonna be some machine once its finished...

How did it feel ripping out your lovely TT dash?

I remember reading about your car in PVW and thinking its the muts nuts, but with this 24v V6 its gonna be fucking amazing! 8) :lol:

Cheers.

I must admit removing the dash was not actually too bad because I made sure when I installed it that everything was done with proper brackets etc.. so it could be taken in and out like a normal dash. I was more excited than nervous to be honest!! :)

I think the engine was always something I wanted to do but because the engine has been so reliable I was a bit adverse to doing it, then the salvage 4motion came up and I couldn't refuse!!

Jay

By crikey, you don't like the easy life do you!!! :shocked!:

Good luck with it all though Jay, looking forward to watching your progress 8)

Cheers mate. Hopefully the fabrication will be minimal, but I am a CAD engineer by trade so I can do you some nice engineering drawings if I need something making! :)

Jay

Cheers mate. Hopefully the fabrication will be minimal, but I am a CAD engineer by trade so I can do you some nice engineering drawings if I need something making! :)

Jay

Cool, we have something else in common, I'm a Design Draughtsman.

then the salvage 4motion came up and I couldn't refuse

what is the 4motion? and why is it so tempting???

The 4motion is a VW MK4 Golf 24v V6 4WD. (see example picture)

I have bought an entire car (not the one in the picture) salvage to strip the engine. loom etc.. out of and fit everything in my Corrado.

Hope that explains it.

Jay

i looked at this conversion late last year, but obviously my balls are not the size of yours?? what figures are you looking for, are you doing the cams & getting it chipped, cause that was what i was gonna do, all the best with this job mate, :D

Well I will not comment on ball size :), but as for power it is 204BHP and 200Lb/ft as standard. Mine will be de-catted and I am going to get it chipped as soon as it is up and running properly. AMDs chip gives 20BHP so I would hope with a De-cat to be seeing 230BHP/220lb/ft. Plenty for now!

More will come later. possibly a charger.

Jay

Hats off to you, I wouldnt have the balls to undertake a project that would involve the risk of spoiling my fave car on here..good luck and God go with you :)

Blair, I will have a little fiddle with it before it goes in, nothing major just a couple of things I can do easily while its out.

Guy, yes I have the subframe thanks to Bigpantsbaby, I am still in need of a VR gearbox though.

Valver. the wiring diagrams would be very very helpful mate. I have the engine one but thats all. Anything you can send me would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jay