24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

Like the way the plastic inlet cover looks like its breathing! Looks like its alive

dito

Glad you all like it. :)

Spent this morning getting the MK4 dials to fit in the TT dial pod. Thought they would drop straight in, but there are quite a few differences and a lot of dremmeling was required to get them to go in.

Still need to fabricate up some new reset button stalks but I am well chuffed with them as they are in perfectly and no one would know they were different other than when they light up blue instead of white.

Jay

If everything goes to plan it should be on the road this week, in shake down form (i.e no interior and not on my new wheels). I will then start building up the interior which is going to take a bit longer now having had a big influence from Worthersee! :)

ive just turned into a green eyed monster, well done, are you going to edition 38 this year,

Cheers mate.

Yep I will be up at Edition 38 in September. I am hopefully going to have the car up at Harewood house on the 26th June.

Jay

I have treated myself and bought the wheel I have always wanted. Figured I should really considering everything else that is going to be done!! :)

one of the best momo's available IMO... 8)

looking forward to catching your C in the flesh at some point over the summer 8)

Looking forward to getting it out there. Its so frustrating seeing all these show reports and being tucked away in the garage every weekend!

Jay

Bit of an update. After 12 weeks of being up in the air the car is now on its wheels!!!! Engine is running up to temperature no problem and everything seems to be working. Need to get the brakes and clutch bled but today I got all thee front and rear lights working as they should and progress is good. 8)

Still a hell of a lot to do, but its coming on. Loving the engine cover, but some work may be required to get it to clear the bonnet. :roll:

Jay

Thats the trouble with having MK4 air-con, MK4 ABS, MK4 cooling, MK4 wiring and then squeezing a 24v V6 in the middle!

At least there are no boost pipes.......yet! :)

Jay

Excellent work.... nice looking lump that 24V! Still find it hard to believe that tiny thing is almost 3 litres of V6....those crazy Germans!

Kev- It looks like a 16v when its just a bare block, very clever engineering.

I will post some piccies when its all screwed back together properly and is all clean!!

Jay

it looks ENORMOUS with that plastic cover on! looks much better without it IMO.

hope it drives well though

I actually prefer it with it on. Will be a bit tight under the bonnet though, so may take some work to get it to fit. :)

I like the clean factory look it gives when you open the bonnet.

Jay

:notworthy: :notworthy: Although you can't see it,I'm doffing my cap to you Renshaw. :notworthy: :notworthy:

I thought I had done a fair bit to my G60 to get more power,but yourself and PhatVR6 have taken it to a whole new level. 8) 8)

Just wish that I had the time,effort and inclination to build something that good.,

I reckon you should call it a Corrado EVO2. :lol:

So the next incarnation( EVO3) will be a shoehorned in RS6 engine and 4wd system....... :roll: :lol:

Cheers Blown. I decided I had taken the G60 engine as far as I wanted to go with it before it started to lose its smoothness. I also was hankering after all the toys of a modern car, so decided to fit everything from a modern car into the rado! :) I am dying to get it back as my daily driver, the old MK2 16v I am driving at the mo is OK, but its been long enough now!!

Jay

looks great, purple cars rock.

you need to give me those wheels adapaters and the porka rims though, take pitty on a student who has £7 to his name and a g60!