Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

OEM Style 1990s Dealer Number Plates

Despite mentioning this way back in October last year I finally got all the bits required to get this sorted out.

I dont have one in my hands but I have been sent an image of what it will look like (Order has been placed for a set)

Obviously the original dealer will vary and a big thanks to Jim for doing some colouring in on the Audi and VW logos but I think they look very much like the original items.

I got them from http://www.createplates.com/

You will need to email requesting the specific design and they will get back to you.

They look great mate.. though I didn't realise the VW and Audi logo would be so tiny! :lol:

Me 7.

On one of my Corrados :p

Yeah they are quite small Jim but are in keeping with original dealer plates aside from the VAG logo embossed into the acyrillic.

Cheers Kev, has taken me long enough to get them how I wanted.

Plates arrived in the post this morning, really happy with them but cant stick any pictures up as I dont have the camera ATM.

Cool.

FYI the website addy is usually corrado-forum.net but that one works too.

Been thinking for a while that it would be nice to get some plates that just say corrado-forum.net in the middle of them for shows. Bit like the cars all do in the banner.

I did ask another place if they'd be able to do that, but they wouldn't... wonder if those guys would...hmm...

Cool.

FYI the website addy is usually corrado-forum.net but that one works too.

Been thinking for a while that it would be nice to get some plates that just say corrado-forum.net in the middle of them for shows. Bit like the cars all do in the banner.

I did ask another place if they'd be able to do that, but they wouldn't... wonder if those guys would...hmm...

Just knock something up, and then email the forum image to them, they should then be able to put it onto a plate ok.

And yes I know the forum addy is the one you mentioned but as this one works then its just as good..

so are these sticky vynil on the back of the perspex like old 80s/90s plates

or sticky on the front like new ones?

so are these sticky vynil on the back of the perspex like old 80s/90s plates

or sticky on the front like new ones?

Sticky on the back.

Yan, so if I e-mail them with local garage name and "old-school" phone numbers they'll be able to knock up a set of plates?

Yan, so if I e-mail them with local garage name and "old-school" phone numbers they'll be able to knock up a set of plates?

Yeah, if you drop them a mail with what you want on the plate (use the image of mine as a layout guide for them) they then e-mailed me back with that picture and I had them in my sweaty mitts a day later.

Sweet, :notworthy:

Do you have any pictures Yan, also how much?

Just need to do some digging to find original dealer now..

Sweet, :notworthy:

Do you have any pictures Yan, also how much?

Just need to do some digging to find original dealer now..

Of the plates I got? Its exactly like the image on the front page aside from looking a bit more 3d.

If you still have the service handbook the issuing dealer will have stamped it.