vornwend

Vornwend's Storm - Last weekend

Looks superb, Vaughan 8) Once you've lowered the car, it's always a tight-ish fit over the rear axle. Sounds like it's ok though :) The car's nearly finished then ;) :lol:

Looks superb, Vaughan 8) Once you've lowered the car, it's always a tight-ish fit over the rear axle. Sounds like it's ok though :) The car's nearly finished then ;) :lol:

Definition of finished Andy :confused4:

Excellent choice my good man and mine has been on now for 8 years without any isues at all and buffs up a treat too even after winter use :wink:

Kip - I'm just glad these cars didn't have chrome trim or the buffin would be a full time job :) Guess your engine new engine bay will be taking more of your time now - if its not sparkling we will know who to blame :lol:

Looks good, cant wait to hear it.

Ordered some pads today :D

What ones did ya go for Jake? The brakes and calipers will need a good clean and with them off it would be a good opportunity to paint them too

Gonna have a try at glass polishing tomorrow - using my old passenger side glass as a test bed first

I just ordered some standard replacement ones for now. going to change most things to standard befor putting better ones on, so I have a really good starting point.

Ya it wouldnt hurt to give them a good clean, will have to do a bit of searching to see how its done properly :D

OOOO what colour paint Hmmmmmmm

Definition of finished Andy :confused4:

:nuts: I think we all know a Corrado is never 'finished' (unless of course your engine blows up, but that's a different kind of finished ;) ). Reckon you're nearly there though, just one or two little bits in the engine bay if you know what I mean? :nuts:

Oh, yeh, reckon you should have a go at putting it in for concourse too. Once the front bumper is done, it'll do really well :)

that was quick!

glad you are pleased with it pal. when on mine it was a tight fit over the rear beam (hence the zip tie around the one rubber hanger), it never hit the beam though.

in my experience with them o varous different cars, magnex have always made some very nice exhausts and i've never had a complaint once.

that was quick!

glad you are pleased with it pal. when on mine it was a tight fit over the rear beam (hence the zip tie around the one rubber hanger), it never hit the beam though.

in my experience with them o varous different cars, magnex have always made some very nice exhausts and i've never had a complaint once.

Ah I wondered what the zip tie was all about :) I had a good, up close, look at the exhaust yesterday when I was polishing it and you see what a quality piece of engineering it is so I'm well pleased with it. The bumper won't be anywhere near as quick but I did notice a bit of the colour underneath and I think it may have been from a classic green in a past life!

..and buffs up a treat too even after winter use :wink:

Hah! Reversing the car out once every few months to clean it down doesn't count as winter use, Kip! Wait until you're using the thing every day come rain, wind, hail, snow and all the lovely winter salt - then see how the thing holds up!

..and buffs up a treat too even after winter use :wink:

Hah! Reversing the car out once every few months to clean it down doesn't count as winter use, Kip! Wait until you're using the thing every day come rain, wind, hail, snow and all the lovely winter salt - then see how the thing holds up!

Agreed mate but it was used daily until 2004 in all weathers and snow too :shock: I Have proof :lol: also been to the ring in it in case ya forgot :lol: :cuckoo:

Now that was a memory i'll never forget.

At very, very long, long last I'm lowered :D

My garage fitted KW V1s, new top mounts and bearings and BBS RXs yesterday at the same time as replacing a gear box mount so it was big day for the old girl.

What a difference :shock: Why did I wait this long :?

Got it back last night and had a bit of a fiddle with the height (so easy to do, could mostly turn the perhes by hand) before taking her out for little blast. Really pleased with how she handles. Not anywhere near as crashy as I had half imagined it would be. Yes you feel potholes and bumps a bit more than before but not enough to distract. Handling and ride comfort seem spot on to me, especially around bends where she feels really planted and so much more assured than before.

For the record heights are (from middle of arch to floor):

Front 590mm (was 630mm)

Rear 610mm (was an agricultural 670mm!)

Yes I know I could probably go lower but this will do for now while I get used to it. Am I right in thinking I might expect to see it settle a bit lower anyway over time? Pretty happy with the look at this height and its pretty much just less than a 2 finger gap all around.

Anyway some pics:

THOSE RIMS ARE HOTT!!!!! I LIKE THIS RADO>>>HOPE MINES COMES OUT CLEAN AS THIS>>>>

Nice and shiny. So does that mean you car will have an even more erotic sound :nuts:

Hehe - dunno about that but got it fitted this afternoon and took it for a good blast around the lanes. Slightly deeper tone maybe, not boomy at all and really pleased with it. :D

On the advice of CazzaVR took it to our local Longlife to be fitted - they did a really good job I think. Tightish fit over the rear axle but doesn't seem to be a problem - guess the KWs are stiff enough for it not to be an issue?P6291246.JPG[/attachment:1ed7txo9]

Hopefully the last one I ever have to fit :)

lovelly lovelly shiny shiny exhaust!!!

THOSE RIMS ARE HOTT!!!!! I LIKE THIS RADO>>>HOPE MINES COMES OUT CLEAN AS THIS>>>>

lovelly lovelly shiny shiny exhaust!!!

Cheers :) - much easier to keep clean these days as she is garaged and not a daily - do miss that though :( May think of getting another C when the lease car term runs out :nuts:

Gave it a proper old , windows down blast today for the first time in about 5 months after winter garaging. I'm in love again :) :clap:

Forgotten how great the soundtrack is and was fantastic to feel some proper acceleration compared to my daily (Golf 2.0TDI Blue Motion). Did manage some rubbing once on the driver side arch when hammering it on an undulating road :roll: so have adjusted the KWs a little higher on that side. I think the suspension may have settled a little since I put them on. Without me in the car there was slightly less than 2 fingers gap at the front so have lifted the drivers side a tad to compensate for when I'm in - perhaps the real cause is me adding a few pounds over the winter :wink:

Thinking about a chat with DG Autotech about some front suspension refurbishment as its all getting a bit rusty down there (wishbones, wheel bearing housing, arb etc).

8) ... and there's you talking about getting an MGTF :camp: :lol: Would be defo worth getting R32 bushes ont front ;)

Gave it a proper old , windows down blast today for the first time in about 5 months after winter garaging. I'm in love again :) :clap:

Thinking about a chat with DG Autotech about some front suspension refurbishment as its all getting a bit rusty down there (wishbones, wheel bearing housing, arb etc).

Lucky man, some of us have to wait another 2 weeks!!! :mad2:

Suspension overhaul is high on my to do list too.... great minds?

Off to DG Towers this morning for a service and some preliminary poking around underneath :camp:

Compliments to Dave for a very thorough inspection and service today :salute: Been a while since I had a list of things to do on the car but have now! Will be back on a programme to get these sorted in the coming months and will tackle some of the underseal areas that that Dave pointed out needed attention myself. Really impressed with the workshop and the amount of obvious care that Dave took on every job and the time he took to explain issues to me in terms i could understand - very much appreciated.

Big thanks also to Karen for the Bacon bap and coffee - perfect :clap:

Have to confess to being a bit nervous when Dave took my car out for a spin at the end and the feedback he might give but need'nt have worried as it either confirmed the earlier diagnoses or was nothing huge to worry about. He gave it some welly too!

Best bit of the day and a completely unexpected bonus was being allowed to take Dave's VRT for a spin :D, with the fast switch flipped :wink: As others have discovered this is a work of pure genious and brilliant fun. Felt as if I was hardly pressing the pedal yet there were huge amounts of power waiting to be unleashed, - just a great car![email protected][/attachment:h291c1hf]

VR6 turbo is a different world of performance, isn't it.. feels every bit as though it's twice the performance and more. Had the fortune to drive both Dave's and the Stealth VR turbo's - equally 'brown trouser' inducing! :)

Sounds just like every visit I have to DG, can never falt them :D

I'm still waiting for Dave to take me out in the VRT, I have to feel the brown trouser moment some point soon :lol: 8) .

So is a VRT something yo have in mind now Vaughan :grin:

Glad today went well, mate. What 'issues' were there on yours?

I think Dave's aim is always to make the passenger feel as sick as possible, without them actually blowing chunks! :lol:

Glad today went well, mate. What 'issues' were there on yours?

I think Dave's aim is always to make the passenger feel as sick as possible, without them actually blowing chunks! :lol:

Engine moves quite a bit so front and gear box mounts will be changed (disappointed at the gear box mount cos that was only new 2 years ago but may have been a cheap pattern part?), front wishbones and bushes are gonna be replaced (with R32 bushes)which should allow the tracking/camber problem to be sorted once and for all, tensioner bearing on its way out, fuel injectors Dave thinks will benefit from a cleaning to cure a slight misfire at idle, subframe coming off to swap with a refurbed one and may be putting a rear Neuspeed ARB on if I can source it 8)

And stat of the day: there is only 40 miles difference between mine and Dave's car which puts us within 0.05% of each other - mine being the higher :roll:

Ah, doesn't sound too bad. Want a hand with the mounts, or are DG gonna do everything?

VR6 turbo is a different world of performance, isn't it.. feels every bit as though it's twice the performance and more. Had the fortune to drive both Dave's and the Stealth VR turbo's - equally 'brown trouser' inducing! :)

Sounds good - I was lucky to go out, admittedly not for long, in a modified RS6 V8 Bi-Turbo Avant on Thursday night. Was putting out the wrong side of 500 bhp and with the window down the milltek exhaust sounded awesome!!

Roll on the Lottery or keep dreaming?

Ian :clap:

Will hopefully have a freshly painted front bumper coming soon. I bought one last year from Petegriff so I could swap it out with my existing one which has seen better days. Anyway pending that , and wanting something to do in the sun this afternoon I spent some time on the front grill - probably the last time it will get this much attention :wink:corradogrill.jpg[/attachment:24x52skz]

List of other things to come in the next month or so

New Rear ARB

New Wishbones and R32 bushes

New Blue expansion tank cap

New Washer bottle cap

Refurbed sub frame

New VT front mount

New Gear box mount

New Aux tensioner bearing

Fuel injectors cleaned

New Battery cover

Been a while since I spent anything on the old girl so this shoud make her feel wanted again :luvlove: