vornwend

Vornwend's Storm - Last weekend

those figures are just from cams and a remap is that? or have you other mods fitted?

looks superb :)

Only other mod is a BMC CDA - maybe worth 6 or 7 ?

my my Vaughn those curves do look familiar!! :D

Pretty chuffed then?? 8)

You could say that :wink: Your curves were the inspiration in the first place Chris :camp: :grin: You got your brake upgrade sorted yet?

That's fantastic, 220 horse powerz from a N/A is pretty good going.

Yep and from spending a HELL of a lot less than the likes of a schrick mani and cams which produce less power!

Brilliant stuff! You'll have to take me for a spin ASAP! 8) How long did it all take? I hate waiting around for hours when things are being done to the car :sleeping:

You could say that :wink: Your curves were the inspiration in the first place Chris :camp: :grin: You got your brake upgrade sorted yet?

Stop it!! :camp: :lol: :lol:

I knew you would like em buddy :D

Funds for the mighty pit of C are low at the min im affraid. Been sticking to low cost/ cost free stuff of late. De-wipered it & going to give it a proper good clean with a newly purchased clay-bar :) If I had the funds I would have gone for Karls brake set up but ive been waisting my money on having a social life & entertaining the opposite sex :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :lol:

Hopefully will have some big stoppers by next show season though & still plan on it going in for paint this/ early next year :ignore: :ignore:

For now mate enjoy the Car, looks tip top & by the looks of things will no doubt pull like a train :thumbleft: Note to self - buy a CDA!!!

Say hi to Wendy & the boys for me :wave:

If I had the funds I would have gone for Karls brake set up but ive been waisting my money on having a social life & entertaining the opposite sex :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :lol:

Ah yes, reminds me of the Besty quote:

" I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered"

So very true :wink: Just the first and last for me these days :?

Brilliant stuff! You'll have to take me for a spin ASAP! 8) How long did it all take? I hate waiting around for hours when things are being done to the car :sleeping:

Got there just before 9am and left at 4:30pm. They didn't seem in a rush at all and seemed happy for me and the boys to wander in and out of the workshop while it was being done. I was a bit nervous about what they might find when they cracked it open but it was fascinating to see the innards when the inlet manifold was off - comment from the mechanic was that it was very clean which was a relief. According to their records the car had been in a for a head gasket about 3 years ago - didn't need it but the owner had insisted as the car had been sat in the garage for a while and was blowing some white smoke on start up. Good to know it had a "money no object owner in the past". Do need a plug/lead removal tool though as some of the rubber sleeves were looking a bit ropey/split and needed taping up - not sure if that's my mechanic doing the damage or someone earlier :scratch:

When we have another Bristol meet sorted you're welcome to drive it there Andy - keep your hand in so to speak. Any non car news?

What a result. That's Alfa 3.0 24v territory with 12 fewer valves! :notworthy:

There was an an Audi Quattro S3 in for a revo (?) re-map. He ended up at about 330/340bhp I think and was a very happy bunny. They also had a Golf in having a Vortech supercharger fitted - tempting option but I'm happy for now and need to focus on brakes and exhaust as next upgrades.

As you say, nice to know it was well looked after before you bought it 8) Would love a drive... ;)

No news yet... it's a waiting game!

vRS is getting mapped tomorrow :clap: Will hopefully get upwards of 210 bhp, so not too far behind you ;)

Vaughan, you can get the lead removal tools from Zerocool on here. I've got one too, so if you need to borrow it, just give me a shout :)

Vaughan, you can get the lead removal tools from Zerocool on here. I've got one too, so if you need to borrow it, just give me a shout :)

Cheers Andy. Bit of time on my hands today so did a search and ordered some of these from Zerocool.

£275 - top value I think given the gains and the amount of time Vince spent developing the software.

Vaughan, those are fantastic gains from the 263s and remap. Good work fella. Vince certainly knows his onions. The car looks great now. Only other things now would be bigger stoppers and ARBs. To do much more now is either going to spoil it or is going to cost you big bucks. Time to enjoy it though. :D

This arrived at lunchtime today with 9 miles (yes nine) on the clock:

newgolf2.jpg[/attachment:m9kb66o1]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfnewgolf1.jpg[/attachment:m9kb66o1]

Golf 2.0 TDI Blue Motion DPF

Quite obviously its not a Corrado VR6 but its not half bad really. Handling is much poorer and way less involving but performance is not as bad as I was expecting and it accelerates quite well once you get used to the gearing (even noticed a bit of a kick when booting it hard, turbo I guess). Lots of modern plastic everywhere (not just in the cabin) but some nice silver trim touches around the gearstick and instruments give it quite a classy feel.

Cheap as chips to lease (through work) and ridiculous MPG returns. Took it for a short spin at lunchtime and doubled the mileage (was 9 now 18) and got a reported MPG of 57.4 on the return leg:shock: Even thrashing it really hard I could only get it down to 38.

Plan is to semi retire the Storm and just use at weekends (dry ones only) and for shows and selected summer trips etc. Just could not envisage being able to continue doing 12,000+ miles a year and a) keep it in good nick and b) hang onto it for 15 or more years which is the ambition. Gonna miss driving it every day but needs must and the contrast might make me appreciate it a bit more.

Looks very nice, mate. Good idea. I take it you've sorted out the garage?!

Yep the Storm is nicely tucked up in the garage (wanna keep her looking good ready for when you take her on :wink: ) - bit of a tight fit and took ages to make sure everything was secured on the walls cos I was paranoid about the possibility of some of it falling down.

Remains to be seen how often I get her out to play in the winter. Gonna get a trickle charger in any case but it may make more sense to just lay her up for the winters.

Feel a little bit sad about not being able to use her every day - still could be worse I suppose :roll:

Puritan life it is as I also gave up smoking 8 weeks ago :?

Hope all is well with the Rach and the little Charlie and lets catch up soon

This arrived at lunchtime today with 9 miles (yes nine) on the clock:

:shock: Ohhhhhhhh Nnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiine!!!!!! :shock: (as in the German sense)

Seriously tho - nice car :thumbleft:

This is sort of thing I want to do - get an affordable lease or loan on a brand new or nearly new car with great economy and low tax then put the Corrado away to get it fettled and tarted up! Nice work! :)

Hi Mate, nice to see you doing the right thing and keep it away from all the salt in winter :lol: not to mention stopping smoking too! Keep that one up :clap:

As a triclkle charger have a look at the Airflow which i use and Judith too now as it has a good battery status guage as well as keeping the battery charged :grin:

Take a look here! http://www.airflow-uk.com

Catch you soon.

Thanks for that chaps.

Kip - will try the airflow charger - noticed Judith had recommended it elsewhere. I think giving up the Corrado as a daily driver probably ranks with stopping smoking - anybody know if you can get a Corrado patch or chewing gum :nuts:

Lovely sunny day today so the C will be coming out to play :)

After 3 days ownership I'm actually quite enjoying the Golf now - you have to drive it harder and concentrate on gear selection much more which is quite involving really. The Multi function display has a speed warning setting which annoyingly reminds you have exceeded the setting (someone had set it to 90mph) - this has now been turned off :nono: oh and the side mirror heaters work :clap: