vornwend

Vornwend's Storm - Last weekend

Yep the Storm is nicely tucked up in the garage (wanna keep her looking good ready for when you take her on :wink: *EDIT by Cazza* One day she will be mine, oh yes, allllll miiiiine!) - bit of a tight fit and took ages to make sure everything was secured on the walls cos I was paranoid about the possibility of some of it falling down.

Remains to be seen how often I get her out to play in the winter. Gonna get a trickle charger in any case but it may make more sense to just lay her up for the winters.

Feel a little bit sad about not being able to use her every day - still could be worse I suppose :roll:

Puritan life it is as I also gave up smoking 8 weeks ago :?

Hope all is well with the Rach and the little Charlie and lets catch up soon

Congrats on giving up smoking! :salute: 8)

Rach and the boys are fine, thanks. You and W will have to pop over for a cuppa sometime and meet the little fella :)

Have fun in the C today- cracking weather- perfect for a country road blast :wink:

congrats on giving up smoking - good for you - i absolutely hate the habit, so well done!

i've not mentioned anything in this thread yet, but i had a look through it from the start the other day - absolutely loving your car. i love the green storms (sometimes wish i had waited and bought one myself) and i love the RX's; same wheels as mine. your car looks immaculate, so it's good you can keep it that way. :)

my 'rado is my only car and is naturally my daily. it's a shame to drive it in the winter, but i couldn't drive anything else and i only generally do motorway miles etc in it until i get home.

i'm sure you will enjoy making the most of having something that hates fuel too with prices as they are!

reading this thread for the first time!!!

wow gone a long way since you have owned it, looks like its a real credit to its owner.....very nice.

i pick my corrado up this weekend i bought it off here from a forum member, and i just cant wait to get stuck in!!!!!

hopefully i will be able to do exactly what everyone else plans on doing and thats having a cheap runner and the C for weekends etc

any up dates on other mods for this car?? any interior touches??

cheers

Nate

Lovely sunny day today so the C will be coming out to play

That's the ticket! I think you will appreciate the C even more when you get her out for a play every now and again.

Went out in mine on Saturday morning, destroyed an SLK and returned home with a large grin!

That's the ticket! I think you will appreciate the C even more when you get her out for a play every now and again.

Went out in mine on Saturday morning, destroyed an SLK and returned home with a large grin!

You're a bad influence Dave, Tut tut! :lol:

any up dates on other mods for this car?? any interior touches??

cheers

Nate

Definitely need to do something with the brakes - either bigger ones or better pads (maybe Ferodos) because I'm really noticing how poor they are compared to the new Golf.

Good luck with your Corrado - try and get along to a few shows that'll give you plenty of ideas for any spare cash you might have :wink:

Dave - yeah the contrast between having something ordinary for the week and something special for the weekend does kinda make up for not having it as a daily - but still missing that aspect.

Kip - Judging from "ring" comments I think you are easily influenced by Dave!

vornwend - I really apologise for what is about to occur but I can't help it - the photos of your car have got me sold!

Got a Green Storm, exactly the same as yours when you first had it. It's been de-wipered, ordered a BMC CDA but I am now going to copy you whole-heartedly and get it lowered and get some RX's on it. Looks fab and just the look I'm after! :notworthy:

Was going to go for KW V2's - what's the difference between the V1's and V2's? You're happy as Larry with the suspension set-up are you?

Been meaning to get in touch with the Big V at Stealth to chat about new cams and a re-map but been so busy recently just haven't got round to it. Think I may have finally got inspired to give him a call! Did they have a look at your car before you took it up there to get sorted? I really hope mine's in good nick (90k on her and sems good) but I'm a bit concerned that they'll open her up and give me a nasty surprise!

Anyway, hope you don't mind my blatant imitation of your wheels but they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I hope you're flattered rather than upset!

Cheers for the favourable comments. To be fair I everything I have done has been inspired by others I have seen or read about so no offence taken if you "borrow" some ideas.

I have been really happy with the suspension. Of course it is a lot firmer than before but not crashy and feels a lot more solid and safe - handling is just great. You do feel pot holes and uneven surfaces but mostly you don't notice it at all. I think the KW V2s allow you to make more adjustments (damping?) the V1s just allow you to change the ride height. I was happy with that because I'm not really into that level of fine tuning and I drive on a variety of roads anyway.

I didn't ask Stealth to look at the engine before cams and re-map. I was fairly sure there would be no problems as they had never presented themselves, the car has been serviced regularly and fairly low miles like yours (80K). Nevertheless it was a relief that they didn't find anything and even commented that it was very clean and in good nick.You will love the cams if you get them :)

BMC CDA is terrific. The sound is virtually stock when you are driving in town but open up and its just brilliant - very very addictive - so much so that your MPG will probably drop noticeably cos you'll be trying to get the sound at every opportunity!

Do love the RXs. Think they are just perfect for the car. Was a bit worried that the size difference would be very noticeable but was pleasantly surprised that they didn't. May not be quite as nimble as with the Solitudes but tbh I can hardly register the difference having had them on for more than 9 months.

Anyway good luck with your modding journey - its very addictive! Let me know if you're ever over this way (Bristol/S/Glos) and we could maybe meet up. Watch out for any local meets too -either at a pub near Tormarton (near M4 J18) or Hot Air Ballon pub past Gloucester. Also loads of shows to go to through the year (see events section) where you can get even more ideas :wink:

Got the BMC CDA fitted and you're right - it sounds fantastic! Found myself dropping a gear when I really didn't need to just to hear the roar!

Got my RX's too but got a really good deal on the split rim versions so went for them. Just wondering, what tyre size have you gone for? Trying to price up tyres but the range is baffling. What have you got yours running on? Find them OK relating to price and handling etc??

Next on my list is getting it lowered now. Thinking KW V2's but not sure if I really need the extra adjustability. Just concerned that I'll regret not having it if I go for the V1's - you're very happy though so that's reassuring. Hmmm, decisions decisions!!

Got my RX's too but got a really good deal on the split rim versions so went for them. Just wondering, what tyre size have you gone for? Trying to price up tyres but the range is baffling. What have you got yours running on? Find them OK relating to price and handling etc??

Running on Kumho 205/40 s which were on when I got them - very pleased with them so far.

Took the old girl out for a blast this morning which was fun but gotta get some better brakes cos the contrast with the Golf is frightening when you are not using the C as a daily :shock:

Get some pics of yours up sometime

Running on Kumho 205/40 s which were on when I got them - very pleased with them so far.

I had them on my 15s & was quite chuffed with them too. Very sticky & super cheap :D

made any decisions re brakes yet Vaughn??

All red 288s back from Bigredd (ex Bigpantsbaby), really good job they did I think:

corradobrakes.jpg[/attachment:3qpth2uq]

Goodridge hoses and VW discs and fixing bolts on order then we're good to go (or stop !) :lol:

Nice pun!!

Great looking job there Vaughn - seems our shopping lists are still very similar! Great minds n all that :D

Nice pun!!

Great looking job there Vaughn - seems our shopping lists are still very similar! Great minds n all that :D

Whats your list looking like then Chris?

Already starting to think of rears now! :eek:

I think I've spent more time on this upgrade than any other -better be worth it!

You have:

KW V1s: SP 263 Cams: Stealth Re-map: Lupo Wipers: Uprated Headlight Loom: Blue Igniters: Goodridge Hoses: VDO Gauges: BBS Solitudes/RXs: BMC CDA

I Have:

H&R Clubsports: SP 263 Cams: Stealth Map: Lupo Wipers: Uprated Loom: BBS RX IIs : Carbonio Induction!! Next on list is........ big brakes!! :lol:

Also have painted red rears with pinstriping on there now :clap: It would have new paint but the shares I have have gone down so cant justify cashing them in :(

Be nice to see you at some upcoming shows pal!! 8)

Those are looking good, Vaughan 8) Will make a big difference- totally worth doing :) You're defo gonna need them in order to cope with the next upgrade ;)

brakes are looking spanking Vaughn :)

did you go for the polymer coating they do (which i think is the nicest most expensive one) - it's resistant even to brake fluid! :shock:

enjoy them when you get em on pal. also that's a good move going for genuine fixings etc as that's the one area that really lets biggred down; they always supply crap quality bolts/fixings...

brakes are looking spanking Vaughn :)

did you go for the polymer coating they do (which i think is the nicest most expensive one) - it's resistant even to brake fluid! :shock:

enjoy them when you get em on pal. also that's a good move going for genuine fixings etc as that's the one area that really lets biggred down; they always supply crap quality bolts/fixings...

Cheers Pete. Yes I did go for the most expensive polymer option - based on a recommendation that you had posted :)

Bolts were about £8 from the stealers so they shoud be good.

Looking forward to seeing yours in the flesh sometime. You have way more ambition than me and I'd love see how that new "lump" performs.

288mm brakes fitted by my garage today (top job as usual) - only went for a short spin 2nite but wow what a difference they make :shock: Well chuffed with this upgrade, confidence inspiring bite and orders of magnitude better than before. Also fitted new pads and discs for good measure.

Guess I need to take it steady while everything beds in but so tempting to really try em out :norty:

front brakes.jpg[/attachment:xiqroemk]

Oh and she had a full service too with no issues after the winter semi - hibernation :)

Good stuff, Vaughan 8) Much better than 280s - look good too :) Still love the BBS wheels- gorgeous!

The thing is with 288mm is that you never realise how good they are till you need them in an emergancy situation! Was travelling down the motorway the other month and all of a sudden there was stationary traffic on the slip road, thought i was never going to stop in time so aimed sligtly towards the hard shoulder for good measure in case i didnt make it. Stopped a few feet behind the car in front didnt lock breaks or anything and turned to the gf and said that if i had 280mm on then there is no way i would have stopped! 288mm are a must for the VR!! Car looking mint as always Vaughan

The thing is with 288mm is that you never realise how good they are till you need them in an emergancy situation! Was travelling down the motorway the other month and all of a sudden there was stationary traffic on the slip road, thought i was never going to stop in time so aimed sligtly towards the hard shoulder for good measure in case i didnt make it. Stopped a few feet behind the car in front didnt lock breaks or anything and turned to the gf and said that if i had 280mm on then there is no way i would have stopped! 288mm are a must for the VR!! Car looking mint as always Vaughan

Cheers Jon. Sobering stuff eh - might quote that to the missus if she happens to stumble across the bills for all this :wink:

Good stuff, Vaughan 8) Much better than 280s - look good too :) Still love the BBS wheels- gorgeous!

Yes - love those RX's!

Better get mine on soon then.