vornwend

Vornwend's Storm - Last weekend

Not all plain sailing today - had a bit more of a fiddle with the front ride height lowering a bit further just to see how that looked and felt and have hit 2 problems :(

1. On a longer drive today I notice a very slight pulling to the left and conscious of needing to hold her straight a bit - could have been the same yesterday tbh but probably so excited I didn't notice :? - guess I need to get it re-aligned etc?

2. Had the wheels off and on so many times I've buggered one of the locking wheel nuts. The key itself is ok and works on other wheels. Hoping this is a just quick trip down to Kwik Fit or somewhere to get it out?

Nothing ever simple as you think is it :?

You'll need 4 wheel alignment, ideally, because the drop will have altered everything. Pro-tyre in Gloucester or Bristol can do it. You will notice a bit more tram-lining/bump-steer etc with the 17s though.

Is it the Tri-locks? Get some good ones on there asap! The tyre place (Ebley?) in Cam got both of mine off- took them a while, but they did a good job, and the key was completely knackered too.

that looks so much better, and yes your suspension will settle in a bit and go a tad lower. not loads but a smidge prolly :)

nice one Vaughn, it looks great!! :)

I think I know whats coming next :norty:

GTO bodykit, I reckon ;-) Vaughan's been on about getting one for ages :lol:

Don't give me ideas Andy they have a way of festering until the urge becomes irresistable :nono:

Got the offending wheel bolt out today (£20 cash in hand at a garage on the way to work) and some better quality replacements in. Good tip from the bloke there who said you should never use copper slip on alloy bolts - well now I know :? Just pinch tightened the new ones so hopefully never have this problem again.

Cannot for the life of me get the wheel to arch height even on both sides - within 2mm at the front but the rear is proving more difficult closest I've got is 9mm - must be doing something wrong :cuckoo:

Nice subtle touch :lol:

You'll need 4 wheel alignment, ideally, because the drop will have altered everything. Pro-tyre in Gloucester or Bristol can do it. You will notice a bit more tram-lining/bump-steer etc with the 17s though.

Is it the Tri-locks? Get some good ones on there asap! The tyre place (Ebley?) in Cam got both of mine off- took them a while, but they did a good job, and the key was completely knackered too.

Pro Tyre had a good look at it yesterday. Left camber was well out of spec so that's solved the problem (was -0.06 now -1.12 and right -1.18). Slight adjustments to Toe and its now spot on at 0.00 degrees both sides. Good recommendation Andy cos they must have spent about an hour on it and only charged me £34. Got several chufties too from staff and customers while I was there.

Now for the cams and re-map :)

Invoice folder is out growing its current home :?

Glad it's sorted- did you go to Bristol or Glos? Sounds like a bargain! 8)

Gloucester - can't fault the amount of time and care they took.

Good to know. The Lude is a little bump-steery- may have to take it along and see what they can do :)

Doesn't 6 hours to change suspenders and a gearbox mount seem a tad excessive? :eek: Anyway, it certainly looks alot better and i'm sure it feels alot better to drive to! 8)

Hi Vaughan, didn't have time to say hello at Prescott today but thought your C looked lovely. The RXs look v good - even more glad that I've got some now even though mine isn't lowered yet!

Thanks Scarlet. Whatever you do don't wait as long as I did to get lowered! Worth every penny. The KWs are excellent, not harsh or crashy at all and transform handling on corners.

Shame I didn't see you yesterday - all went far too quickly in the afternoon watching the racing for a lot of it. Have to catch up at the next Bristol meet.

Nice to chat to you yesterday vornwend - have to agree that your car did look cracking. The RX has always looked super on the Corrado, and they looked ace on yours. The ride height is perfect! Don't change it! :)

MOT passed today :clap: Into double figures now. Emissions even lower than last year - HC @11ppm and CO2 @0.027%.

Advisory note on slight deterioration in centre section of exhaust (a good reason to plan an upgrade then :wink: )

The old girl will be having a much easier time of it as soon when the company lease car arrives.

Likewise! 8) That's good emissions for a VR 8) That exhaust sounds serious- reckon you need something stainless ASAP! :lol:

Brilliant day at Stealth yesterday :clap:

Schimmel 263 cams fitted and a re-map from Vince the mapmeister :salute:

Really pleased with the outcome - 220.8 bhp up from 192.4 at the start of the day. A 15% gain :D

Really smooth, completely stock at idle. Lots more pull right through especially past 4000 revs. Need to be careful tho cos it just sails past the ton :nono: