vornwend

Vornwend's Storm - Last weekend

Sounds good vaughan, your list looks like it has half the things on it I want to do to mine 8)

All very nice.

My Storm is down at D&G at the moment... hoping to pick it up later this week.

I also spent time giving my front bumper some attention over the weekend but it is the 8v one in need of repair after the dog incident in Jan.

But, it's very interesting seeing how it is all put together as I've big plans for the one on my Storm when I get to the stage of sorting it out. I've taken the bumper iron itself off which makes me think nylon coating is on the cards :grin: :grin: :nuts: 8)

Replaced the badly scratched drivers side glass today with one salvaged from our breaking project. This is the second time I've done this job now and it was no more pleasant than last time :? Reasonably easy to get the glass out but a mare to get back in for some reason. Took care to see if there was any obvious problem but could not see one :scratch: I marked where the vertical scratches had been and examined the felt on the inside of the strip - all good and no metal exposed. The last time I did this all was fine for about 3 weeks and then over the space of two days they appeared so hopefully it was something as simple as a piece of grit getting trapped in there and won't recur.

All working as it should and no scratches appearing! Fingers crossed and touch wood (not glass) it will remain this way!

corradowindow.jpg[/attachment:3khajyhc]

mate - your car is spot on. And like vaghag, it's pretty much how I want mine to end up like. I know you mentioned the new ride height as being from centre of wheel arch to ground (i think), but would you know what the drop was in mm's?

Was it 40mm?

Thanks

mate - your car is spot on. And like vaghag, it's pretty much how I want mine to end up like. I know you mentioned the new ride height as being from centre of wheel arch to ground (i think), but would you know what the drop was in mm's?

Was it 40mm?

Thanks

Hi - found some scribbled notes I made at the time:

Was 630mm at the front and 670mm at the back

Aim was to get to 585mm at the front and 600mm at the rear

So a 45mm drop at the front and 70mm at the back

All this was based on Goldies old Storm cos I thought the stance was bang on.

HTH

Vaughan

Was it 40mm?

Thanks

Hi - found some scribbled notes I made at the time:

Was 630mm at the front and 670mm at the back

Aim was to get to 585mm at the front and 600mm at the rear

So a 45mm drop at the front and 70mm at the back

All this was based on Goldies old Storm cos I thought the stance was bang on.

HTH

Vaughan

Is 585 and 600 where your ride height finished up? Any side on pics please 8)

Is 585 and 600 where your ride height finished up? Any side on pics please 8)

Pretty much where it ended though its never as easy to be as precise as that - the rear I found especially difficult to get balanced - I'd do one side and then the other side woukd be out - was hard to work it out! Pretty sure it settled a bit in the following 6 months and I've raised it back up a couple of times, especially at the front

There's a selection of side on shots on page 1

Not much time before Stanford so have made an early start - outside done, insides may get done but sunshine means there be may be other things to do 8) Anyway here she is making a brief excursion into the volcanic ash laden outdoors

corrado2304a1.jpg[/attachment:1r8d3kk3]

And also treated some rust that had cropped up under the drivers door seal (vertical section)climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfcorrado2304e.jpg[/attachment:1r8d3kk3]- only noticeable because the seal was getting uneven. Seen this on a number of Cs and been meaning to sort it for ages.2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcorrado2304d.jpg[/attachment:1r8d3kk3]

Great work! Gotta start cleaning mine too- scared of that layer of glass dust that's all over my car :?

Spic and span. How did you treat the rust on the door, does the seal just come off? Ive got something similar on mine.

Spic and span. How did you treat the rust on the door, does the seal just come off? Ive got something similar on mine.

You can just pull seal just pull away from the frame with your fingers, no need to take it all off- just wedged it away from the frame and then sanded the rust away to bare metal and then painted with Hammerite Rust Beater. It wasn't too bad but was only gonna get worse - the C we're breaking at the moment had it really bad which is what prompted me to tackle it.

Picked up the C from D&G today.

Very, very pleased with the work and the feel of the car after all the work:

Powder coated subframe and anti roll bar - swap out

Neuspeed rear ARB

Roll bar drop links, ball joints, bolts, retainer plate and roll bar bushes

New wishbones and R32 bushes

Front VT road mount

Gearbox VT road mount

Front wheel alignment

The car handling feels very "tight and right" - really confidence inspiring in and out of fast bends :) Can't wait to try it out again on some more local roads.

Can't praise Dave and Graham enough for the quality and care that they take in all their work :salute: Graham took so much time and care on the front wheel alignment which proved quite a challenge - pretty sure you didn't charge me enough labour today for that.

Thanks also to Dave for the Bacon bap (something of a tradition at D&G)

Good to chat to Ed and Jim who there today as well - at one point I counted 9 Corrados :shock: I lost the impromptu competition to see who had the most knackered aux tensioner bearing :wink:

Dave is sending some photos of the work so will post those soon.

Nice one.

That sounds like the sort of work I need to do on mine when I swap the sub frame over. Trouble is after the rear beam and engine bay work my purse needs to recover!

It's good having a whole chunk of drive / suspension type things done at the same time as it really makes a difference.

See you next Saturday ? :)

Good to chat to Ed and Jim who there today as well - at one point I counted 9 Corrados :shock: I lost the impromptu competition to see who had the most knackered aux tensioner bearing

I was there too in my Flash Red VR6, Flash Red jacket and hat. Still quite new to this Corrado ownership and but getting the hang of it slowly.

Your Storm did look very tidy!

Good to chat to Ed and Jim who there today as well - at one point I counted 9 Corrados :shock: I lost the impromptu competition to see who had the most knackered aux tensioner bearing quote]

I was there too in my Flash Red VR6, Flash Red jacket and hat. Still quite new to this Corrado ownership and but getting the hang of it slowly.

Should have introduced ourselves!

Lovely VR you have there

Good to chat to Ed and Jim who there today as well - at one point I counted 9 Corrados :shock: I lost the impromptu competition to see who had the most knackered aux tensioner bearing quote]

Didn't realise you were a forum member mate.. sorry! Should have introduced myself properly! It was my VR on the ramps whilst you were there. Your VR looked excellent and I'm sure it's going to drive like an absolute peach once you've had all that work done it!! :)

Thanks also to Dave for the Bacon bap (something of a tradition at D&G)

Yes..... it seems I'm better at bacon baps than seized track rods :lol:

Nice one, mate 8) Sounds like it's well sorted now. I've never driven it... ;)

Nice one, mate 8) Sounds like it's well sorted now. I've never driven it... ;)

We'll have to sort that out asap then! You're welcome anytime

A few shots of the goodness that went on.........Corrado92.pdfDSC04035[1].jpg[/attachment:3okp5int]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC04036[1].jpg[/attachment:3okp5int]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC04037[1].jpg[/attachment:3okp5int]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC04045[1].jpg[/attachment:3okp5int]DSC04033[1].jpg[/attachment:3okp5int]Everything else looks scruffy now though :wink: