Sign in to follow this  
Chris Langdon

storms value

right,

ive seen a storm for sale, in mytic blue, 41k on the clock, whats the sort of value on a car like this?

I have a moonlightblue vr with leather interior, brought it a year ago with 67k on the clock full VDUB SH its now done 70k.

was thinking of changing to a storm but have spent a hell of alot of money on mine since owning it i.e new rear brakes including calipers, new alarm system, new supersprint exhaust system, new HT leads, water pump (both) fitted extra dials the list goes on!!!!

would like peoples opinons keep it or buy the storm???? have been looking of pics of rick one on here and fallen in love with it (sorry rick had to blame some one ha lol :D )

many thanks

Chris L

p.s heres a pic of the VR i own at the mo!!

Assuming its the one on Pistonheads i'd say the price is a tad optimystic (see what I did there?)

I agree with the above, you'd probebly be alot better off sticking with the beauty you've got, better the devil you know etc.

i dunno about the value of storms, i dont think i could pay out that much for one but i'd sell my soul for a blackberry Corrado.

@Walesy, what suspension are you running there? Those BBS look great too.

i would stick to your current car its only worth the change if you prefer the colour combination over yours but not for the fact that its a storm.

Many people dont like to see a modified storm, and I can totally understand it, despite modding my own. So if you have big plans for it, I would say you might be de-valuing it if it were a storm. Stick with what you have it's only a badge or two.

Flattered that you like mine so much, but i'd say stick with yours, plus moonlight blue is fit.

don't they say a storm is worth 10% more over a normal vr?

VR's are around £4000 now, so thats only £4400 for a storm by my calculations, all very average and rough, but i think storms are a false economy really, i don't reckon they as sought after as people think

i've always lusted after a storm when i didn't know what they were simply because it was a 'storm' & there was something mystical :norty: about them but i've been lucky enough to own an ice grey violet & a blackberry c which in my opinion look better so for me if you can get a better spec'd c in a nicer colour for less then it doesn't make sense! but then i can see why people would like to own one of the last c's produced but i'm sure this has all been said many times before..........

I wouldnt sell your one to buy a storm if your happy with it..

Some people buy storms because its a storm and some buy them because of the spec, for me it was both, ive never thought it superior to any other its just got a nice badge on the back and VW decided it was worthy of a special run and im not going to argue with that...

I only have a Storm cause the first VR I looked at wasn't looked after as well as the Storm the dealer also had in.

But on to your question. If you have always wanted a Storm then go for it but this is not the time to try to sell anything. Unless you can drive a very hard bargin in the purchase price I recon changing will cost too much. And if you really want something you probably can't drive that hard a bargin (well I never can, I think people can read me like a book and know that I really want what ever it is.... :shrug: )

Agree with all these comments. Bit like Judith my Storm just happened to be the best VR I could find at the time (and I was getting impatient) and had the lowish miles and colour I was looking for. Probably did pay over the odds for it (c10% - 15% I guess) but on the other hand it came with 4 brand new tyres, new head unit, full VW service history and some reassuring Stealth bills in the folder :?

I do like the cream leather and air con but they are not exclusive to the Storm and not something I had on my must have list at the time although air con probably is now 8)

If you went for a VR over a Storm then you'd have at least £1500 - £2000 to play with! Stick it in a seperate bank account and then not feel guilty about spending on all the mods you'll want to treat yourself to :)

Similar views from me.

The one-owner-from-new VR6 that came up for sale at a very local garage I could not resist visiting "just to look" happened to be a storm. Probably paid about £1500 over the odds, but they seemed a better investment, too, in 2002. Perhaps not now, though.