Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

The Corrado's Future

lol - I wouldn't vote for the BNP party if they were the only party TO vote for. Sorry but I think at the core they're exactly that which you say they're not. They'd ruin the country. IMHO of course.

Totally agree - you really must have you head buried if you think BNP are anything but a bunch of biggots.

I'm voting respect - Galloway FTW

Oh and yeah corrado prices are on the floor atm - I stupidly thought I may actually make money when I sell mine, at least thats what I told the wife!!

My political views certainly dont involve burrying my head at all, something needs to change Britain, why not let someone else have a go who cares a little more about real issues of the country?

rather than concentrating on charging you to enter the capital city in a car you have paid tax on when it was bought, tax on the windscreen, tax on the fuel in it and tax on everything related to running it!!! and politicians lining their own pockets and ar5e licking America whilst sitting on 6 figure salarys!

Red ken is nothing more than a complete cock, along with Brown and his cronies, and as for the conservatives they couldnt lie straight in Bed

I doubt the BNP will ever be elected to govern but at least it would change a few things, instead of fighting my way through hoards of law breaking htieving Slovacs, polish, Bulgarians, and Chech scrounging Gypsies flooding our country for a free hand out, education and health care, it dont happen in France and Germany as you have to register/ orpay up front for all those things

its why our National health service is an INternational health service! The Australians have had the right idea for years and years and the British Government have JUST in the last few weeks initiated the restriction on migrant workers!

Painfully off topic - political rant deleted! :bad-words:

I certainly agree that something needs to be done but its got to be for the better in the long term - I think BNP would be a BIG step backwards.

there's plenty of other parties that are against further immigration but that aren't historically racist!

nothing against you personally but UKIP, English Democrats etc. all take a more conservative view without being dangerously right wing !!

see how much anger people have for the government... you only have to mention a few words. Any change has got to be good.

Anyone voting for London Mayor?

I've only just got into the world of Corrado's - I've had mine less than 2 weeks! I bought a well looked after 1990 valver with fsh and 86k on the clock for £1400. To me that seemed like a bargain - having been looking for a valver for the 3 weeks prior, and having seen many a shed for around the 2k mark, I was chuffed. Comments regarding mk2 golfs are true and their value is going up. The car I sold to buy the rado was a pretty near mint mk2 8v 1990 with 96k on the clock, I bought it for 1500, drove it for two years and sold it for £2k.

I fully expect that when I sell the rado I will make money on it, or at the very least not loose any, it will be enthusiast owned and maintained to a high standard. And as was the situation when I sold my golf - if I didn't get the asking price I didn't sell it, I had no need to sell - just a desire that a change of car might be nice.

I've only seen one person mention the new Scirocco. I think this will inevitably rekindle interest in sporty VWs and the Corrado is going to benefit from that, how popular would the mk1 and mk2 golfs of this world be if VW had discontinued the Golf name after 1995.

apologies for bringing the thread back on topic :lol:

I've only just got into the world of Corrado's - I've had mine less than 2 weeks! I bought a well looked after 1990 valver with fsh and 86k on the clock for £1400. To me that seemed like a bargain - having been looking for a valver for the 3 weeks prior, and having seen many a shed for around the 2k mark, I was chuffed. Comments regarding mk2 golfs are true and their value is going up. The car I sold to buy the rado was a pretty near mint mk2 8v 1990 with 96k on the clock, I bought it for 1500, drove it for two years and sold it for £2k.

I fully expect that when I sell the rado I will make money on it, or at the very least not loose any, it will be enthusiast owned and maintained to a high standard. And as was the situation when I sold my golf - if I didn't get the asking price I didn't sell it, I had no need to sell - just a desire that a change of car might be nice.

I've only seen one person mention the new Scirocco. I think this will inevitably rekindle interest in sporty VWs and the Corrado is going to benefit from that, how popular would the mk1 and mk2 golfs of this world be if VW had discontinued the Golf name after 1995.

apologies for bringing the thread back on topic :lol:

I have to say I think your point about the New Scirocco is a very relevant one. When that car finally hits the car magazines, I'd expect to see a wedge of articles coming out where the new car gets driven next to the Corrado under the auspices of "Coupe reborn" etc etc.

I'm sure one of the effects of that will be to remind people what the Corrado looked like, and I'm sure a number of those will quickly realise how cheap they are these days. For people that want a fun and fast coupe to bat around, some may well consider a £4k Corrado an interesting alternative to a £20k Scirocco, regardless of the difference in age. Think about the difference in road taxes too...

So time to get the Autoglym out folks - your car will sell better in the Autotrader next year if it's shiny ho ho.

John

This months EVO mag has the new scirrocco fetaured along with a mint looking 'old' one.

I doubt the BNP will ever be elected to govern but at least it would change a few things, instead of fighting my way through hoards of law breaking htieving Slovacs, polish, Bulgarians, and Chech scrounging Gypsies flooding our country for a free hand out, education and health care, it dont happen in France and Germany as you have to register/ orpay up front for all those things

We

it dont happen in France and Germany as you have to register/ orpay up front for all those things

Really? So why does France have regular "race riots" because of the number of immigrants coming from former french colonies then? Sarkozy hasn't pinned down the french immigration system yet, and frankly (sic) he won't be able to under law. Reality is that France has it coming big style for murdering hundreds of thousands of colonial natives and they're paying for that by having to leave their borders open to the survivors.

But hey, this is a little off topic.. :)

Doesnt need to be locked, just open a politics thread and keep this one for what it was intended..

I wonder if VW will display new Scirocco at any of the imminent shows? Stanford Hall perhaps?

This months EVO mag has the new scirrocco fetaured along with a mint looking 'old' one.

Yeah, but it was limited to 30 mph, as it was only held together with dwarf spittle. :(

Apologies for the slight cross-post, but this little item on Scirroco racing has popped up on Pistonheads this morning :

http://www.pistonheads.com/motorsport/d ... ryId=17999

That actually looks quite nice, something I didn't imagine myself saying about the new Rocco.

Also as a further moderately O/T comment, in this months evo, there's also an article on the VW cup racing with a goof 1.4TSI and a Caddy tdi, with the caddy taking the one of the rados on the inside in a couple of pictures.

Nevermind the Corrado's Future, what about the future Corrado?

Will VW ever make one? Have there ever been any prototypes or 'maybe's'?

Maybe, despite all the negative feedback on various t'internet forums, the new Scirocco will be a success and they'll build a new Sports Coupe with a R36 engine? :D

Maybe, despite all the negative feedback on various t'internet forums, the new Scirocco will be a success and they'll build a new Sports Coupe with a R36 engine? :D

i hope that a 'new corrado' is never made, personally. If a new one came out it would make the original less special imo. I think the new scirocco is enough.

i hope that a 'new corrado' is never made, personally. If a new one came out it would make the original less special imo. I think the new scirocco is enough.

I concurr.

Found this, thought peeps might find it interesting...

I think its a little dated now as surely the top-end 'new' Corrado would have an R36, or maybe due to the success of the R8 Volkswagen would go all out and whack a V10 in there? Who knows...

newcorrado.jpg