Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

The Corrado's Future

Guys,

Been a bit shocked by the nose dive in Corrado prices over the winter and they don't seem to be picking up. Look at the completed listings on ebay for VR6s - it makes for depressing reading if you're an owner.

What's happened - do you think the market will recover?

I've had my VR for nearly 4years now and my valver for a year before that - a neighbour came up to me today and said "isn't about time you got a newer car?" - scary thing was it got me thinking that maybe he is right. :(

i always get the same feelin,i know sooner or later i will end up we a mk4 golf of some sort,just need to wait for teh best time to sell the rado,gotta be come show season?

I think if you try to sell it online you're not going to get the best price you could for it. Try to sell it in a local group (i.e. advertise at shows, etc).

The market for them over here seems to be pretty good right now.

With the number of Corrados out there, the larger wodge (I like that word) of the market will be the ropier and higher mileage cars changing hands relatively quickly. Good bargains to be had though!

I think the end of the market that contains the enthusiast-owned, lower mileage cars will inevitably hold their value a lot better.

At the end of the day, it's us that sets the market price for them by the price we are willing to accept!

With the number of Corrados out there, the larger wodge (I like that word) of the market will be the ropier and higher mileage cars changing hands relatively quickly. Good bargains to be had though!

I think the end of the market that contains the enthusiast-owned, lower mileage cars will inevitably hold their value a lot better.

At the end of the day, it's us that sets the market price for them by the price we are willing to accept!

What he said..

Going to be another few years before they start heading up and the sheds have to be all gone too.

not exactly, if theres more supply than demand then we have to accept what we're offered and therefore that is what sends the price down, so actually the reason that prices are still dropping is.....

i know sooner or later i will end up we a mk4 golf of some sort
(nothing personal greeny!) :grin:

I was never expecting to make money on mine - my mileage is too high but over the 4yrs the price I could have got for mine stayed fairly constant - but over this winter it's been a Corrado massacre!

Can't believe how cheap some tidy looking and relatively low mileage cars are going for. I'd like to keep mine - and like the fact it's a bit older, still quick and has the rarity card too but I am getting tempted for something newer.

I'd like to keep mine - and like the fact it's a bit older, still quick and has the rarity card too but I am getting tempted for something newer.

I can understand that, had a wobble a couple of months ago too - but prices being what they are, these beasties are worth more to us than they are to someone else. In fact if fuel prices put me off the road and render the car worthless, i'll just polish it up and stick it in a big glass case to remind myself of the good times :grin:

From a personal point of view, I'm not speaking for anyone else here, but I think the whole retro thing has had it's day. I've been thinking of what to get next ever since I sold my last Rado and I'd just rather have something a bit newer. I've been looking at mk2s, mostly all ragged to sh!t unless you want to pay silly money, I've looked at clippers, which are mostly rusty old sheds now. When I've got the spare cash/time to completely rebuild a car from the ground up I'll go for another rado. As it stands at the moment it's either gonna be wait until this time next year and get an early mk5 GTi or buy a mk4 V6 4mo now and do it up big style. Think I'm leaning towards the latter at the moment because I've seen some really inspiring mk4 stuff recently. Plus I'm bored of front wheel drive.

if i ever come to sell mine, (which i will, as i get bored easily) ill be buying an old 60's mustang, i keep thinking i should have done that instead of making a big project out of my G60....

It is a little concerning to see the prices so low, but it's only a problem if you intend selling up. Which I don't.

OK, so the C may be a little dated, but for me, that's where all its charm comes from. New cars just do not do it for me at all.

(Unless of course it's something completely out of budget, Lambo etc)

My car will never have another owner.

I am far from bored of it.However if that time comes i'll break it.

So not really fussed.

Sooner or later they will get rarer and then the price will rise.

Well maintained low milers must be getting thin on the ground aleady?!?!!

Same here Rob, never have another owner, its me or the big VW yard in the sky, even though i am proper bored with it i can never let it go, would rather it sit in the garage doing nothing till the enthusiasm returns again, for me the only way that will happen is if i change it.

I dont care what other people who do or dont like them, old or new its mine and i have it cos i like it end of.

I will still end up in maybe an R32 or similar but i will always have this....

Cheer up lads, the prices will rise again, especially as the cleaner low milaged examples become harder and harder to get, theres no other car id rather have, never selling mine either :D

not exactly, if theres more supply than demand then we have to accept what we're offered and therefore that is what sends the price down, so actually the reason that prices are still dropping is.....

i know sooner or later i will end up we a mk4 golf of some sort
(nothing personal greeny!) :grin:

meant to add either a GTTDI,or a 4mo or a 1.8T :cuckoo:

From a personal point of view, I'm not speaking for anyone else here, but I think the whole retro thing has had it's day. I've been thinking of what to get next ever since I sold my last Rado and I'd just rather have something a bit newer. I've been looking at mk2s, mostly all ragged to sh!t unless you want to pay silly money, I've looked at clippers, which are mostly rusty old sheds now. When I've got the spare cash/time to completely rebuild a car from the ground up I'll go for another rado. As it stands at the moment it's either gonna be wait until this time next year and get an early mk5 GTi or buy a mk4 V6 4mo now and do it up big style. Think I'm leaning towards the latter at the moment because I've seen some really inspiring mk4 stuff recently. Plus I'm bored of front wheel drive.

I dont believe anyone on here has thier Corrado for "Retro" reasons, rairity yes, but more to the fact that Corrado's are a fun, involving drive, and look good. I have got an 08 plate Passat at the moment and a before that I had a Mondeo ST, which was one of the last ones in which I covered 15k miles. Both nice cars, but they do nothing for me in terms of excitment. I'll be honest I wouldnt want to use my C as a daily for a few reasons but the main one is comfort - bearing in mind I do well over 35,000 miles a year for work. The thing is I'd never get up early on a sunday morning to go for a blast in my works car, or a mk4... I just prefer older cars and mostly old dubs. I will admit you need a balance though so if your C does break down alot and you have a long boring/slow drive to work then a newer motor is obviously more attractive, but if you still want to have a car you can enjoy do you really want a bland wagon?

If you used the money you'd spend buying a new car on a half decent C, replacing worn parts, giving it good and regular services and upgrading some weak parts then continued to look after properly, it'll serve you well. What do you get with a newer car that you actually need? Nothing, yes luxuarys are nice, but I'd rather have a car that excites me and gets me browsing a forum all about it!!

I dont really think prices will pick up again, cetainly not for some time now anyway. Cars are a money pit, when you buy a car you should expect to lose on it, not many cars appreciate or hold there value.

Ok if you're a seller you'll want as much as possible for the car and as cheap as possible if youre a buyer. But we all own the car for what it is and not for what its worth!

Let's face it, i for one wont make nowhere near what ive spent on it and im not alone in that either. So who cares what they're worth... really?

This is the time to hang onto and cherish the good ones. Nothing will ever change the fact that the Corrado still is an excellent drive - and as the tat gets brushed aside and split for parts the prices will slowly creep back up as they get harder and harder to find in good condition.

I personally hope they stay this way for a while though - i've wanted a VR6 since I first got into Corrado 8 years ago. They're now getting to the point where I can start thinking about the possibility of owning one! :)

I personally hope they stay this way for a while though - i've wanted a VR6 since I first got into Corrado 8 years ago. They're now getting to the point where I can start thinking about the possibility of owning one! :)

Do it Jim :grin:

Do it Jim :grin:

I second that!

This is the time to hang onto and cherish the good ones. Nothing will ever change the fact that the Corrado still is an excellent drive - and as the tat gets brushed aside and split for parts the prices will slowly creep back up as they get harder and harder to find in good condition.

Go for it Jim, im just after getting my Vr , 9 years after my first corrado, im loving every minute of VR ownership, the sound of that engine puts a smile on my face every time :D