Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

2rrvrj4.jpg

Think it might be worth just giving this a little clean....

2chn9d4.jpg

That's some of the nastiest flange I've seen on the InterWeb! :lol:

Glad your charger hadn't grenaded! What a relief understatement of the week. 8)

hmm not sure on the wheels :scratch: and are you keeping the paint colour red?

Hmmmm... the wheels aren't getting much love. Knew it was a bad idea to ask you guys. :lol:

I'm gonna stick with the same colour. I actually really like Tornado red when it's in good nick!

That's some of the nastiest flange I've seen on the InterWeb! :lol:

Wish I could say that! :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not digging those wheels personally. Speedline Comp2's would look excellent on your motor - photoshopped a set onto my red rado and thought they looked great!

Not digging those wheels personally. Speedline Comp2's would look excellent on your motor - photoshopped a set onto my red rado and thought they looked great!

Have you still got the pic?

Wheels look a bit too JapRicer TBH...

Spend the money on a Turbo instead! :lol:

If you are looking at 16's then either solid-style (Porsche 928) will look bigger than spoked (BBs-RX's etc)... however if you can find some BBS RC's in 16 and 4x100 they do look great! (17's RC's can look massive!)

I just wish they did CH's in 17 4x100 :(

If you are looking at 16's then either solid-style (Porsche 928) will look bigger than spoked (BBs-RX's etc)... however if you can find some BBS RC's in 16 and 4x100 they do look great! (17's RC's can look massive!)

the solid style will also give the crappest ride as they will increase the unsprung weight by about a ton.

Can't see the wheels as I'm at work, they can't be that bad can they? What make and model?

You're freakin out deviant. They are not JapRicer wheels and even if they were I still like them. :p

A couple of people have suggested RCs. I've looked at those speedlines too and I don't think I'd be able to go new this time around on either those or the BBS due to budget constraints. Although they would of course both look awesome I'd have to wait for second hand ones to come up = PITA. Those Inovit "JapRicer" wheels I can get spanking for 200 notes. May just pick those up and save for something else over winter ready for next summer.

Dude they're called Inovit Manics. See, even the name suits me. :lol:

the solid style will also give the crappest ride as they will increase the unsprung weight by about a ton.

928's are forged and pretty light (even with adaptors).. and as you know Compo's are exactly made of lead either!

Joe, they're £200 for a reason, have a look and a feel before buying, you could come unstuck with either a soft or heavy wheel...

But end of day it's your car and choice, I mean who in their right mind would put snot-green wheels on a grey car? :lol:

Joe, they're £200 for a reason, have a look and a feel before buying, you could come unstuck with either a soft or heavy wheel...

But end of day it's your car and choice, I mean who in their right mind would put snot-green wheels on a grey car? :lol:

Hmmmm... for all your Jap bashing you do occasionally make a good point. I suppose I should see them in the metal first. But I have spoken to my wheel guru and he says they are actually very good. Especially for £200. Although (perhaps) tellingly he doesn't stock them.... :lol:

[quote name="Sonicriot13

Dude they're called Inovit Manics. See, even the name suits me. :lol:

name= :grin:

look= :gag:

they look like porsche wheels gone wrong!

Not feeling the wheels either, Joe, although I think I'd prefer them to green porsche wheels, deviant :p

I do like the fact you are thinking different to the usual suspects though. Maybe a little more searching could be in order :)

sorry to say, but im not a fan either if you even care :wave:

depends on budget though, but i prefer the steelies :D

Man, no accounting for taste I suppose. Can't wait to get them.... :lol:

I'll tell you what whilst I'm doing all of this it's very tempting to just stop p!ssing around fixing all these little things and skimping on paint jobs and stuff and just go the whole hog and start doing what I've wanted to do to it since I got it. I really want to rebuild it. Like, properly rebuild it.

Another no from me. Personally I wouldnt run Porsche either as Im not a huge fan of the adaptors.

Start looking for some BMW E30 wheels like Hartge. There usually 7in + wide and nice offset so they fill the arches right.

Not feeling the wheels either, Joe, although I think I'd prefer them to green porsche wheels, deviant :p

I do like the fact you are thinking different to the usual suspects though. Maybe a little more searching could be in order :)

Oi Stu ;leave the Anti-scene wheels alone! :lol:

J team dynamics do some really light wheels... or there's compromotives... TH's and TH2's are rather nice...

A red light just went off on my desk.

Did someone say flange?

Did someone say flange?

:rofl: Top work that man!

Did someone say flange?

:rofl: Top work that man!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think the word flange has been used a number of times in this thread, yes.

I do like Team Dynamics. I had some of those on my first G60. I just want something different though, and something tht aaaaaaaaaa

The a key just broke on my keyboard! :lol: B*staaaaaaaaards! :bad-words:

Anyway, I'll soldier on. I wnt something that I've chosen myself tht nobody else has on their Corrdo. I've hd the very kind offer of some stndrd BBSs tht will tide me over nicely (ie. allow me to ditch the steelies) until I decide/save up.

Well, my attention has been drawn away from the wheels again. Hit a bit of a snag. I can't get the new FLANGE to seal properly. To start with it was leaking worse than the old FLANGE! :lol: I've cleaned it up as much as I could but the FLANGE still leaks. Could the cylinder HEAD have corroded due to a slow leak over a really long period of time therefore being utterly foobarred never to seal properly again no matter how new the FLANGE or O-RING is? The part of the HEAD that mates with the FLANGE does look like it's seen better days....