Sign in to follow this  
cymru-corrado

New Scirocco pics (in the flesh ooo-err)

I like it, but not in Black. As with a few vag group cars atm black hides the grill and stuff at the front too much.

I may even be tempted to go for one in a year or 2 when they bring it out with the more potent 2.0 turbo from the leon cupra/s3/gti e30/pirelli or a v6.

Then again the gti pirelli edition is tempting me just now as well. :)

the interiour is nice! the car is quite nice looking but its not got any scirrocco charicteristics which makes me love the scirrocco! nice but i way way way prefere the old one! wouldnt have one in a million years!

sorry about that, but I think it is THE UGLIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!

if only it had been like the concept car they designed....

or a Hyundai if it wasn't for the VW badging.

Oi! You take that back! There's nothing wrong with the styling on Hyundais! :bad-words: :lol:

or a Hyundai if it wasn't for the VW badging.

Oi! You take that back! There's nothing wrong with the styling on Hyundais! :bad-words: :lol:

:lol:

Liking the front still, but the rear is terrible, along with the ride height. Choice of engines is also disappointing- gotta have a V6 in there :cuckoo:

If I had that sort of money, I'd be getting a nearly new 350Z every day of the week. Streets ahead.

Just got the new Evo through and its in it, they like it a lot. Apparently with its passat rear suspension and wider track than the golf gti it handles better, is also a touch lighter and they reckon it will be cheaper as well.

I do know whether it will be at Inters this weekend but I'm not allowed to say

Tease! :p

That's a real shame! :(

Especially as its on the GTi Internationl website. :?

Was looking forward to hopefully seeing the new Scirocco in the flesh.

I took a 2litre TFSI Scirocco out for a drive on Sunday, was pretty interesting, I took my g60 out for a nice country drive (not too hard cause of the rain) and then picked up the Scirocco. It feels strange to swap from such an old car to a new one as you would expect the brake is very sensitive, didn't really like the feel of any of the controls, I haven't driven a car with DBW throttle before but do they all have a very short range? Felt like only 30% of the movement actually did anything, I guess this can be tweaked with one of the more responsive chips? The handling felt a lot better at speed than it did between 30-50 which was disapointing as I live in Swindon the home of the roundabout. The power curve was a little too smooth for my likeing as well, I never really felt like I was getting pushed back into the seat at all. Trying out the 85mph cruise with the suspension set to comfort was nice though, out of the factory I wouldn't call this a sporty car, there is potential there to be a good fast road car and a comfortable daily driver, I just think it needs to be played around with. Has anyone got a dealer near them with a 1.4 twin charged engine in it yet?

The 1.4 will not be available until 2009 - Jan I think but maybe March as I know there are supply issues with that engine.

They do look pretty good in the metal - much better than in pictures but I'm still not sure whether I like it - like a lot of modern cars how it looks is very much down to the colour

I will try and get a pic on tonight but when I was looking at the back it did look like a slightly larger Z3 M Coupe with the wide arches n small tailgate, if only there was four tailpipes. I have to say it is a great looking car in the flesh.

The dashboard was cheap and crap looking though and the back seats have less room than the corrado, not too mention the boot is smaller than the corrado and the tailgate is so small you couldn't get stuff in the deep boot that easily.

IMO it isn't amazing at any point, looks ok, drives ok, kinda comfortable, not very spacious. If they would have made it faster, AWD and really aggresive looking it might have ticked one of the boxes and could compete with the TT, but it just doesn't do anything really well sadly :(

A jack of all trades but master of none then?

I'm even more intrigued to have a drive now tbh, as the driving position and dash etc looked pretty good to me!

well if you are used to a corrado then it will feel like a high riding position, I was trying to crack the seat down further, feels like it should go down a lot further as well, but I think the biggest difference from the drivers seat which I love about both the old scirocco and the corrado is the fact you can see the large bonnet sticking away out the front. All you see out the new scirocco wind screen is road :(

Black, tan leather, spoiler, splitter, skirts, lowering springs (if possible with new suspension) and 19's would sort it out I reckon ;)

I'm not over impressed so far, but I haven't seen one really close up. I do find new VW's tend to be 'growers' looks wise though, both the mk4 and 5 were for me.

There seems to be some odd control of models at VAG, I was talking to a friend who works for Skoda UK and he says new Skoda versions are often vetoed by VAG management to supposedly prevent the shift of customers down the brands, i.e. pinching VW sales and I dare say it happens with Audi too, they can't make the Scirocco too good or it'll poach TT sales.

As for large capacity V6's, it looks like their days are numbered for mid size cars, so many manufacturers seem to be leaning towards forced induction and smaller capacities to keep within CO2 bands.

I agree I reakon it will take time but soon I will like it once I've seen a few in the flesh.....but from the pics as with all VW's of recent years it looks dull.....VW's should have been more bold like Volvo with the C30....theres one of these down my road in white with purple/brown trim which sounds horrible but is actually really smart.